Metal Storm logo
My Bloody Valentine

07.03.2008 - 16:12
Tod_Engel
Those who don't know yet, My Bloody Valentine is an indie rock/shoegaze band. MBV is famous for it's influential album Loveless. It features an highly noisy guitar sound, but is quite simply created with right guitar effects. At first the band started with more of a post-punk sound, but later evolved into shoegaze style.
I love the album Loveless. It's so weird and different from most of the things I have listened to. First My Bloody Valentine album Isn't Anything isn't bad either, but this just is an masterpiece. But I would like to find out if there are any other people in MS listening to this wonderful band.
08.03.2008 - 01:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah, I even bought the Loveless album about one week ago. It was rather cheap, and I bought it cause I've listened to the mp3's of that album a lot. Only thing is that I don't really care that much about Shoegaze anymore, so I haven't really listened to it. Still, they are a good band, and owning the cd for sentimental values is nice, perhaps I'll get back into it one day.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.03.2008 - 01:44
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I like them very much, especially love the vocals, but unfortunately I haven't found any of their albums in stores. I think I'll maybe order them when I get some money...
09.03.2008 - 19:28
Tod_Engel
Yes, it's quite impossbile to find MBV albums or just non-main stream albums from record stores in Estonia.
20.03.2009 - 20:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Lucas on 08.03.2008 at 01:27

Yeah, I even bought the Loveless album about one week ago. It was rather cheap, and I bought it cause I've listened to the mp3's of that album a lot. Only thing is that I don't really care that much about Shoegaze anymore, so I haven't really listened to it. Still, they are a good band, and owning the cd for sentimental values is nice, perhaps I'll get back into it one day.

Have you listened to it in this year? I ask you cause if not, you could give it to me
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.03.2009 - 21:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Elio on 20.03.2009 at 20:06

Have you listened to it in this year? I ask you cause if not, you could give it to me

Wow, that was money well spent. I'm afraid that the answer is 'no'. I'll give it a spin tonight though. I think I'm in the mood for something non-metal.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.03.2009 - 10:47
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Lucas on 20.03.2009 at 21:04

Written by Elio on 20.03.2009 at 20:06

Wow, that was money well spent. I'm afraid that the answer is 'no'. I'll give it a spin tonight though. I think I'm in the mood for something non-metal.

lol and did you like it?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.03.2009 - 19:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
It was another nauseatingly sweet listen.
----

27.03.2009 - 00:14
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Lucas on 22.03.2009 at 19:18

So, you liked it or not?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.03.2009 - 01:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Elio on 27.03.2009 at 00:14

So, you liked it or not?

Í don't know.

It's an ok listen, and it appeals to me in terms of distortion and layers and the amount of processing... but I can often take only one half of the album in one listen. You know, pop in the album, listen until (and including) the track "I Only Said". I mean.... that song is just indescrible... it's awesome in one way, sickening in another.

Loveless is a weird album for sure.
----

27.03.2009 - 01:17
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Lucas on 27.03.2009 at 01:13

Written by Elio on 27.03.2009 at 00:14

So, you liked it or not?

Í don't know.

It's an ok listen, and it appeals to me in terms of distortion and layers and the amount of processing... but I can often take only one half of the album in one listen. You know, pop in the album, listen until (and including) the track "I Only Said". I mean.... that song is just indescrible... it's awesome in one way, sickening in another.

Loveless is a weird album for sure.

yeah I surely don't think it is an easy listen and the song you mentioned is the perfect example of the sickness of this album...I mean what's with that intro? but it's great.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.