02. Eleven Three O Three
03. Irreverent Elegy
04. The Divine Rapture
05. Omen Of Delirium
06. Call Me [Blondie cover]
07. Out Body Experience
08. Prayer Of Sorrow
09. Vox Of Anti-Time

Miss Cadaveria is back with her second full length since she left the ranks of Black Metal act Opera IX, I was partially impressed with her debut album "The Shadows' Madame" the mixture of Death, Trash, Gothic and Classic Heavy Metal was quite attractive, the use of a choir on the intro appealed me as well, and I can't hide it, I had great expectations with this one, sadly Miss Cadaveria let me down this time.

The sophomore effort of the Italian mistress Is full of repetitiveness and lack of inspiration, while the main hook of the album is still her voice and the many forms that can emulate (clean, growl, shriek, melodic, raspy etc), the music is not as compelling as the vocal chords of our dear bambina.

Instead of opening the album with a great grandiose choir like last time, we get straight-forwardness in-your-face Death/Trash attack with "Blood And Confusion" which despite it's many tempo changes, doesn't convince me, neither the rest of the songs, expect for 2: the exquisite "The Divine Rapture" a truly highlight in the album, and the unusual cover of Blondie's "Call Me", as a matter of fact is not the first time we hear a Blondie song covered Metal style, remember Sinergy's rendition of "Hanging On The Telephone" ? Could we say a Blondie Tribute somewhere in the future? If they did a ABBA tribute, why not one for Blondie?

Well, back in the topic, the album at the end of the day, is a disappointment and doesn't surpass her debut one, even the cover art isn't as good as the previous one.
If you fell in love with "The Shadows' Madame" proceed carefully with this one, is not as grandiose and unique as the debut.

Written by Undercraft | 05.07.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 27 users
10.03.2008 - 04:39
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
cadaveria is a strange band... i really try to like it, but i just cant enjoy their sound. every song has just 10 or 15 seconds that i enjoy, reuniting all these seconds make just one good track per album xD. This one is the worst of all three, just Eleven Three O Three safe.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 4983 | This month: 19