Power Metal
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Metal Magic
Projects In The Jungle

Total votes: 208
11.03.2008 - 16:50
IllNiñoSweden
My favorite album with Pantera are Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display Of Power, Far Beyond Driven and The Great Southern Trendkill.

But I choose Far Beyond Driven because this album have the best songs, for example Strength Beyond Strength, Becoming, 5 Minutes Alone, I'm Broken, Slaughtered and Planet Caravan.

I wish the album Reinventing The Steel (Panteras last album).
11.03.2008 - 17:08
ABUSOR
Account deleted
The Great Southern Trendkill is a killer album but I go with Far Beyond Driven.. I first listened to that album when I was stoned as hell and it just hit me hell hard
11.03.2008 - 20:31
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Vulgar Display Of Power kicks ass!!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
11.03.2008 - 21:17
Hellish Star
1 Power Metal
2 Cowboys
3 Vulgar
4 I am the night
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.03.2008 - 21:26
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Vulgar Display of Power has the consistency (Mouth For War!!! ), but Cowboys From Hell has the top two Pantera songs on it for me: Cemetery Gates and the title track. Far Beyond Driven has always seemed overrated, those first four songs cut it, it's good but in no way great. Great Southern Trendkill seems to share the same problem as FBD, it starts out fierce but loses steam even quicker, from that I enjoy "Floods."

I'm on a Psycho Holiday...
12.03.2008 - 01:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The only truly consistent Pantera album for me is their debut (yes I know they released those three gay albums before, but no one really gives a fuck about them), Cowboys From Hell. I like all the Pantera albums after that one, but the others seem to have filler, and Vulgar Display of Power isn't as energetic as their "debut". Phil's vocals were the best on Cowboys From Hell (the Halford singing omfg) and that album has my favorite songs by them, Domination and Shattered.
12.03.2008 - 01:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 12.03.2008 at 01:10

The only truly consistent Pantera album for me is their debut (yes I know they released those three gay albums before, but no one really gives a fuck about them),

Ahum I give a fuck about the first three, but not the fourth (which is the first one with Phil) so Cowboys is actually their fifth. And quite a few people who heard those first three when they were released do care about them.

Those first three are very good slabs of US Power Metal, and no the music is NOT glam metal (although the guys did look glam)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.03.2008 - 02:53
I actually found Power Metal to be a bit too glam for my liking...not that it was a bad album, it was just somewhat annoying at times (e.g. Over and Out). Is the first three any heavier or less glam than Power Metal?
12.03.2008 - 10:57
Hellish Star
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.03.2008 at 01:15

Those first three are very good slabs of US Power Metal, and no the music is NOT glam metal (although the guys did look glam)

Damn, glad you're telling it to the ignorant youth.

PANTERA WAS NEVER GLAM METAL !!!!!!!! (they only looked like a bunch of posers but musical wise it was traditional US metal!)
----

12.03.2008 - 11:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I hope you're not referring to me because I never called them glam metal.
12.03.2008 - 11:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 12.03.2008 at 11:06

I hope you're not referring to me because I never called them glam metal.

Nope, I wasn't referring to you, but to most people who seem to call the olld era Pantera glam.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.03.2008 - 11:38
Hellish Star
Meanwhile, because of this topic, I'm listening to my split CD "Projects in the jungle - I am the night". Damn, this is good stuff, I should listen to it more.... Fast fingered - even shredding- guitar solos, devastating riffs, high pitched vocals, awesome arrangements, great songs! Once again I'm convinced this is first class US metal....

@pyroleprechaun : I'm not pointing someone in particular but to be honest I'm tired of the discussion about Pantera beïng glam... As far as I know you know your metal stuff so don't worry...
----

14.03.2008 - 13:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wont vote I dunno all albums but I acns ay one, I like soem Pantera songs not full albums, so maybe this time its be the best of(even Im not fan of best of)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.03.2008 - 13:42
Smurfophagist
Couldn't really make up my mind between Cowboys from Hell and Vulgar Display Of Power, but I still chose Cowboys From Hell. I find Vulgar Display Of Power to be somewhat heavier, with different tunings and all, but CFH is an album which radiates pure raw fucking power.

And whoever calls Pantera glam, deserves to die.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
15.03.2008 - 15:38
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Hellish Star on 12.03.2008 at 10:57

Damn, glad you're telling it to the ignorant youth.

PANTERA WAS NEVER GLAM METAL !!!!!!!! (they only looked like a bunch of posers but musical wise it was traditional US metal!)

I totally agree with (Hellish Star)!! Pantera´s genre are Thrash and Groove metal.
30.03.2008 - 20:34
IllNiñoSweden
No vote for the album The Great Southern Trendkill, it is a kicking ass album! It is one of my favorite album of Pantera.
30.03.2008 - 22:12
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Cowboys From hell, definitely. Vulgar Display of Power comes close, but the rest are prettu weak, compared to CFH. I think that CFH is the album, where Dimebag managed to show its best, but also the rest of the band.. Even Phil made a memorable moment, Cemetary Gates - I think he actually sounds fine there. All in all, the album is classic.
From early albums I know only 1 song - power metal, and if there are more songs like that one, than I guess its not bad...
----
31.03.2008 - 17:44
Charly546
"Power Metal" for me. I can't stand those half-assed thrash riffs which come afterwards, plus I've always had a "thing" for US Power metal.
31.03.2008 - 20:04
Hellish Star
Written by Charly546 on 31.03.2008 at 17:44

"Power Metal" for me. I can't stand those half-assed thrash riffs which come afterwards, plus I've always had a "thing" for US Power metal.

----

12.05.2008 - 02:51
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i chose far beyond driven as most of the songs on there are fucking awesome, but the other good ones are vulgar display of power and cowboys from hell
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
13.05.2008 - 15:01
Hangar XVIII
Cowboys from hell pisses on the graves of the other albums through the cemetary gates, no question.

My favorite song on the album is probably Primal Concrete Sludge, followed closely by Domination.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
13.05.2008 - 22:47
Metal_Militia
//I voted Cowboys from Hell because I like the originality of it. I think it is the best album that captures the Pantera sound. My fav song off it is Domination//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

17.05.2008 - 13:08
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Introspekrieg on 11.03.2008 at 21:26

Vulgar Display of Power has the consistency (Mouth For War!!! ), but Cowboys From Hell has the top two Pantera songs on it for me: Cemetery Gates and the title track. Far Beyond Driven has always seemed overrated, those first four songs cut it, it's good but in no way great. Great Southern Trendkill seems to share the same problem as FBD, it starts out fierce but loses steam even quicker, from that I enjoy "Floods."

I'm on a Psycho Holiday...

I totally agree with you, "Floods" is a enjoying song.
29.05.2008 - 23:28
RhysTerk
Voted for Power Metal
It has fucking mindblowing songs like "Proud To Be Loud" and "Death Trap".
My second favorite album is probably Far Beyond Driven, but i think Cowboys From Hell is very overrated except from the title track and "Domination".
31.05.2008 - 04:28
_HIV_
i voted for vulgar display of power! but it was a tough decission between vulgar and far beyond driven! both of records are killer as are the rest! PanterA!!!
31.05.2008 - 19:05
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Cowboys From Hell is the best album in my opinion. But Vulgar Display of Power comes pretty fucking close.
----
THRASH!!!
25.06.2008 - 16:32
Jonnz of Steel
I Am The Night, has classic speed metallers like the title track, Down Below and Valhala, as well as some awesome anthems like Hot and Heavy Power Metal is a close second, followed by Cowboys From Hell and Projects. Can't stand any of their 1992+ stuff...
25.06.2008 - 18:00
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Cowboys, cause i love their Riffs at that album its a masterpiece album. but Vulgar is the next god album.
25.06.2008 - 18:02
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted

absolutely agree with that.
11.08.2008 - 12:39
Yohan
Vote: Reinventing The Steel

Reason?! because Panteras goal was to make more heavier and heavier music and I like that change.. Not to mention one of my favorite song is "Revolution Is My Name"

However, Far Beyond Driven & Vulgar Display of Power is awesome.. Haven't got into The Great Southern Trendkill just yet... but time will come =)

I also feel like my friend regarding the "Wannabe" Pantera fan... who only like "Cowboys From Hell" album and haven't heard any other of their newer albums... That's why i dissaprove Cowboys From Hell and also think each album after were way better due to their heavier sound....
----
tombstone.fi