Metal Storm logo
Islam

Original post

Posted by Black Winter, 11.03.2008 - 21:55
Since the old thread had exceeded its limits,here is a new thread to continue some of the previous discutions,please post a logic and a meaningful contributions and try to avoid all kinds of extremism and disrespectful remarks.
I myself will try to contribute meaningfully to clarify some points .
26.09.2014 - 08:45
Ganondox

Written by deadone on 26.09.2014 at 02:47

Written by Ganondox on 25.09.2014 at 11:18

Okay, how many countries can you name, period, that are large suppliers of pop culture and technological innovations to the west? It's not because of Islam that none of those countries are predominantly Islamic.

From a cultural perspective - Japan, India, China, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina (tango anyone), Cuba etc etc.

From a technological perspective - Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, India (software), Russia (in military sphere).

A lot of the rest of the world is poor basketcases. Islamic countries don't contribute much despite many of the Arab ones being filthy rich. One would suspect money would allow things like technological research but they don't. Rich Arabs main way of "techonological advancement" is to use Westerners for professional services.

You forgot the US and the rest of the west.

"Islamic countries don't contribute much despite many of the Arab ones being filthy rich." The fact the Arab countries are very rich doesn't mean very much when you take into account the fact they've only became rich recently (so they haven't had time to build physical and social infrastructure), they are in the middle of the desert, and many of them are totalitarian regimes (which is not really related to the fact most the population is Islamic). Saudi Arabia just opened up a science and technology university with a $20 billion endowment in 2009, so I think that says something (got that stat from this article), it's interesting. Most of the muslim world isn't in the middle east, though most are still located in pretty f*ed up placed like the Sahara. There are some predominantly islamic countries which are doing pretty well though, like Malaysia.
26.09.2014 - 10:45
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Ganondox on 26.09.2014 at 08:45

when you take into account the fact they've only became rich recently (so they haven't had time to build physical and social infrastructure), they are in the middle of the desert...

Fuck! So much shit in a very wrong statement! !!! What do they teach at schools there in USA? ! As not being always in the middle desert and have been always rich enough to build up qualified educational institutes!
----
The Fangirl.
26.09.2014 - 11:21
Ganondox

Written by angel. on 26.09.2014 at 10:45

when you take into account the fact they've only became rich recently (so they haven't had time to build physical and social infrastructure), they are in the middle of the desert...

Fuck! So much shit in a very wrong statement! !!! What do they teach at schools there in USA? ! As not being always in the middle desert and have been always rich enough to build up qualified educational institutes!

This actually has nothing to do with American schools, it actually has to do with when I visited the Petronas Towers in Malaysia and we were discussing WHY people build towers. If you pay attention, you'd see that different regions of the world build wonders at different period of time, and it corresponds with emerging powers, established powers don't build towers. You build towers to make a point. Maybe it's not being rich that is new in the Middle East, but there has definitely been change that has being going on recently with some parallels to the change that went on in East Asia. The desert comment is my own ignorance, but the point I was making is not that being in the desert makes it so they can't build up qualified educational institutes, but the unique geography places unique demands that shape the society so it can't be assumed that just because they have wealth like other countries they can use it the same way. It's not that they don't have qualified educational institutes, it's that they have enough other factors going on that you can't blame they fact they aren't leaders to the West merely on them having large Islamic populations.
26.09.2014 - 20:50
Rasputin

The only thing that Arabs have is money, thanks to the Oil industry, if they didn't have that, they would still be running around on camels and horses, it would feel more B.C. than now.

In other news, more fun stuff from religion of peace.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-woman-beheaded-oklahoma-workplace-25778135
26.09.2014 - 21:04
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Rasputin, you're... , well never mind it!
----
The Fangirl.
26.09.2014 - 21:22
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by angel. on 26.09.2014 at 21:04

Rasputin, you're truly a [nice words].

Frit, it's not worth getting a warning. Edit your post and let him spread his hate speech until he gets banned for it or tired of it.
26.09.2014 - 22:19
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Ilham on 26.09.2014 at 21:22

Frit, it's not worth getting a warning. Edit your post and let him spread his hate speech until he gets banned for it or tired of it.

I take your wise advice, done.
----
The Fangirl.
26.09.2014 - 22:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Ilham on 25.09.2014 at 11:52

Written by Ganondox on 25.09.2014 at 11:18

I am going to do you the same favour people have done for me and tell you not to bother with Rasputin who's a crazy ass islamophobe and homophobe - and surely many other nouns that end in "-phobe" - of the worst kind, who has no ability to debate without throwing blanket generalisations and just plain insults.

According to his posting history, he is indeed quite the "vagina-phobe". But, in his defense, those can be scary sometimes, ya know?

Hell yeah I posted in a political thread.
27.09.2014 - 00:06
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Dangerboner on 26.09.2014 at 22:56

According to his posting history, he is indeed quite the "vagina-phobe". But, in his defense, those can be scary sometimes, ya know?

They have teeth and they bleed.

And we use them to stash bombs as well, because that's what us sand nigg*rs do apparently. I'm actually surprised you posted at all. And you didn't say boner.
27.09.2014 - 00:19
Rasputin

Written by Ilham on 27.09.2014 at 00:06

Written by Dangerboner on 26.09.2014 at 22:56

They have teeth and they bleed.

And we use them to stash bombs as well, because that's what us sand nigg*rs do apparently. I'm actually surprised you posted at all. And you didn't say boner.

Good to know, allah is merciful
27.09.2014 - 07:44
Ganondox

Written by deadone on 27.09.2014 at 02:34

You forgot the US and the rest of the west.

"Islamic countries don't contribute much despite many of the Arab ones being filthy rich." The fact the Arab countries are very rich doesn't mean very much when you take into account the fact they've only became rich recently (so they haven't had time to build physical and social infrastructure), they are in the middle of the desert, and many of them are totalitarian regimes (which is not really related to the fact most the population is Islamic). Saudi Arabia just opened up a science and technology university with a $20 billion endowment in 2009, so I think that says something (got that stat from this article), it's interesting. Most of the muslim world isn't in the middle east, though most are still located in pretty f*ed up placed like the Sahara. There are some predominantly islamic countries which are doing pretty well though, like Malaysia.

South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore were all authoritarian countries. South Korea's living standards were below poorest Africa's in the early 1960s. Now it's a leading economic and democratic powerhouse.

There's something rotten in the Arab/Islamic cultures that is not conducive to "modern" development or seen embracing any of the basic civil, human rights, economic or other concepts that most countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia have embraced. Maybe cause that religion is stuck in the middle ages.

You mention Malaysia yet it's currently not doing that great economically and there's social unrest as well as growing prejudice versus non-Muslim Chinese and other minorities (and from a metal perspective, Black Metal was banned there a while back).

And it's a shining beacon compared to the rest of the Islamic world.

That was back in the 60's, it took them awhile to get where they are now, and at a heavy cost to freedom. The Arabic countries have just been breaking through. Also, those countries you listed are all some for of democracy, even though they are all very oppressive ones.

"Maybe cause that religion is stuck in the middle ages." Well, by that crazy logic there, I guess everywhere must be stuck in the ancient history era. Also, as previously mentioned, the muslim world was leagues ahead of the rest of the world during the middle ages, and would be better compared to the renaissance. Anyone who knows anything about Islam knows that explanation is bullshit. There might be cultural elements holding them back, after all religion is tightly tied to culture, but it's definitely not Islam itself. More likely, the harsh conditions is what caused religion to become so important to people's lives, and Islam was just the religion in the area. "There's something rotten in the Arab/Islamic cultures" There is a huge part of your problem right there, you think you can just equate arab and Islam culture, but then blame it all on Islam.

"You mention Malaysia yet it's currently not doing that great economically " Actually, it's one of the best economies in all of Asia, not just the Muslim world, especially when you it's history over a period of years, not just the situation in the current year. Tell me, what country IS doing great economically?

(and from a metal perspective, Black Metal was banned there a while back) Malaysia is actually one of the more conservative muslim countries, in comparison Indonesia is MUCH more liberal.
27.09.2014 - 14:12
angel.
Evil Butterfly
now with presence of deadone's logic, here you are more nonsensical arguments.
----
The Fangirl.
27.09.2014 - 18:06
Rasputin

Well, for one, I didn't believe I would ever say this, but I agree with Deadone here. I don't see what's unclear? Muslim countries are well bellow the average. Not too long ago literacy levels were posted, and Islam dominated countries were low, on top of being extremely oppressive to human rights, like Deadone said.

You keep talking about that tolerance, but no one sees it. Muslims go anywhere and start to demand for the rights they are no entitled to have, by creating their own little ghetto. While Christians, as far as I know, still pay tax because they are Christians in some of the Middle Eastern countries, you try to do that to Muslims and we would have violent protests and threats of violence. You wanna see how much tolerance Muslims have, say something about Mohammad and watch death threats come.

When in the USA, a show like South Park was ordered to remove the drawing of Muhammad because of the death threats, how would it be in the countries where only muslims have a say?

Tolerance my ass.

Regardless how I feel about Xtianity, the Christians at least evolved in a way, so you can bash Christ all you want and talk all the shit you want. Muslims are still in the stone age, where they would bash your skull if you dare say anything about their beloved lunatic.
27.09.2014 - 18:38
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Rasputin on 27.09.2014 at 18:06

I agree with Deadone

It's the end of the world
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.09.2014 - 21:30
The Bob

So, I see a lot of people bashing this 'Rasputin' person. I have to say I agree with some of his posts. Yeah, he's a nutjob, but he has a few valid points. First, I'm a veteran of both Kosovo and Iraq. Knowing fully that any douche can make internet claims and make up whatever they want, take it at face-value, or don't--that's up to you. Regardless, I watched (aided, unfortunately due to orders) as Kosovo was handed to the Albanians. We were briefed (videos, lectures--all that crap) prior to deploying there about how bad the Serbs were and that Milosevic was an evil prick (which he was). Within two weeks or so of being there, nearly EVERY soldier had changed his mind. We watched the Albanians beg, cheat, and steal while the Serbs attempted to work a farm, etc. Now, one must consider that the Albanians are much like a lite beer--they are muslim-lite. The women don't wear the full dress and many men and women smoke and drink. What they do do, however, is carry out some nasty acts. Just as in Iraq, you see the true face of Islam shining through the facade that they try and hide it under. I was given an English copy of the Koran by my interpreter in Kosovo. I got around to reading it a few years back. HOLY SHIT, is it beyond messed-up and full of contradictions--which abrogation seems to miraculously take care of (the principle of later verses eliminating the previous ones). Lets see: earth was created in 3 days, 7 days, etc., begins all peaceful and (oddly enough after Mohammad amassed a large army) became a conqueror, taqyyia (spelling? principle of lying to non-believers and to prevent damage to or promote Islam or placate one's spouse, etc--the list goes on and on. There are over 130 verses about punishing non-believers. And the profit's favorite wife Aisha was SIX when he married her and NINE when he banged her the first time, NOT 14 or older as recent 'scholars' have said. She has her own narrated account where she states he took her virginity at nine--he was 54 at the time. Pretty sick stuff. Anyway, read the Koran and decide for yourselves--that's your right. I just know that I haven't seen any other 'religion' produce terrorists, suicide bombers, or the level of violence that Islam has--well, not since the crusades, anyway. On a final note, the word "Islam" does NOT mean peace as many claim it does. It means "Submission." Look it up and read the book... It may change how you view their actions / motivations. Thanks for your time.
28.09.2014 - 10:09
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Well said The Bob.

I might have conflicting voice of opinion about Islam few months back but then I guess I'm judging it only from one state(Jammu and Kashmir). I always think Muslim people givin' a bad rep to Quran but later on I realize it is quite the vice-versa. Well, that is the fact people believe in this to the course of 2.5 years I spent in Kashmir. But, then again it's a mixed report. This bunch of "blind-faith in Quran" v/s "Quran Destroys People" groups clashes on within the society( for e.g. Muslims living in Lucknow(capital city of Utter Pradesh, India) and Kashmiris(people living in Kashmir) are two different believers of Islam) or in some cases within' themselves. That same goes with *Hinduism. Blind swallowers of Hinduism always has discordant relationship with the people who neutralizes from the intricacies of Hinduism. They just want to live normal without forcing the standards of Hinduism on them. You live in India and you say,"Well, I do not believe in Hinduism, let me just live normally"; just wait for few seconds and then see shitload amount of sneers around you. That's the fucking problem here.

*Cynic not revealing his faith in religion.
28.09.2014 - 20:40
Rasputin

Too much religion is a problem anywhere, and the problem is even greater when someone wants to forcefully convert you, and change your life so suit their twisted vision or reality.
28.09.2014 - 23:45
krrrrebets
Account deleted
Actually I've also heard the theory which says that islam hasn't developed enough to be peaceful but I really don't see that as an excuse. Also I see no point in defending christhianity which crippled development for centuries and was just as bad as islam back in the day. The last "witch" in my country was burned in 1699 - not THAT long ago.

It also should be considered, however, that islam isn't the same everywhere. Islam in Senegal is different than Crimean Tatars which is different from Afghanistan islam and so on. Much relies on how to interpret it. For example women position is way higher than usual for different islamic people like Chechens and Tuareg women actually propose men(!).

But tons of islamic societies are still very reppressive even today. By no means am I defending islam, or any other religion. The way I see it, religion just puts a needless burden on one's life. Why to do complete fucking nonsense for someone that really doesn't exist? Yes, maybe it spiritually helps some and so on but life can be easily lived without that. But the worst part obviously is fundamentalism and all the violence that comes with that. That's the twisted way to interpret the holy book. We all saw how Taliban's ideal worked in Afghanistan. Bunch of madmen probably got their satisfaction by torturing women daily but what use did the society get from that? And while christianity has settled down I still find it crazy to follow it. All the warfare and repression caused by any religion is equally bad.

I'm definitely very happy to live one of the most irreligious places on earth.
29.09.2014 - 18:35
Rasputin

Written by Guest on 28.09.2014 at 23:45

Actually I've also heard the theory which says that islam hasn't developed enough to be peaceful but I really don't see that as an excuse. Also I see no point in defending christhianity which crippled development for centuries and was just as bad as islam back in the day. The last "witch" in my country was burned in 1699 - not THAT long ago.

It also should be considered, however, that islam isn't the same everywhere. Islam in Senegal is different than Crimean Tatars which is different from Afghanistan islam and so on. Much relies on how to interpret it. For example women position is way higher than usual for different islamic people like Chechens and Tuareg women actually propose men(!).

But tons of islamic societies are still very reppressive even today. By no means am I defending islam, or any other religion. The way I see it, religion just puts a needless burden on one's life. Why to do complete fucking nonsense for someone that really doesn't exist? Yes, maybe it spiritually helps some and so on but life can be easily lived without that. But the worst part obviously is fundamentalism and all the violence that comes with that. That's the twisted way to interpret the holy book. We all saw how Taliban's ideal worked in Afghanistan. Bunch of madmen probably got their satisfaction by torturing women daily but what use did the society get from that? And while christianity has settled down I still find it crazy to follow it. All the warfare and repression caused by any religion is equally bad.

I'm definitely very happy to live one of the most irreligious places on earth.

How do you develop something which believes that is perfect? You can't. And I am defending Christianity because it poses no threat to anyone really, except maybe the extra religious countries like Poland, Greece and Italy (if that still holds true). Christianity had its dark period, and that is the key word here "had." Islam will never reach that, they can't, because the texts and the mentality are already solidified in a singular idea of the great Islamic State (not the political jargon that's used in the media). The great Islamic State would encompass the whole world, and it is making it's way quite rapidly.
15.11.2014 - 11:08
_deepblack

Written by Rasputin on 23.06.2014 at 19:11

If you are scared of my posts, then you are blind to the real problem. Islam nowhere in the world brings peace, never brings tolerance, never brings freedom and understanding. It breeds murder, torture, hatred, and terrorism. There is not a single place on this planet where the muslims moved to and made it a better place. Everywhere they go, they return it to stone age, which pretty much describes their mentality. Only due to the judeo-liberal lunacy of the Western Culture do people actually believe that any peace could be made and any tolerance could be enforced. And that will bite the West in the end. And yes, I firmly believe when I say "Death to Islam."

yeah yeah i think that u should join ISIS my friend they can use a "Extremist" like you very well i say write a letter to them and they will accept u with open arms then u can tell them how do u feel about Islam and Muslems and everything and they say yeah yeah lets go killem all bro u feel like "brother" to them cause they exactly do the same u know they think all other muslims should die and everyone should preach what "they say" and this is the wrong Islam and should be dead just like u so what are u waitin for just go ahead and join ur brothers at ISIS and fight for the "same cause" u share the same ideas about Islam and Religion
15.11.2014 - 11:32
_deepblack

Im not preaching any Religion in particular and im having problems with my country everyday because it uses the religion in a way of its own desires and powers like many other goverments and as kid growing up getting arrested for hanging out with friends or forced to do preachings every day in school like any other religion there are extreme people in every religion so i dont say these things to pity for me and my friends.
i guess i felt a hatred about Islam and Religion but now i dont feel like it cause i thought that my hatred wont do any good but its just like being an Extremist in away there is not much diffrence between a women walking in the street totally naked and a woman with only her eyes visible they are both extreme
19.11.2014 - 10:14
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Hey, can somebody tell me why muslims and jews don't eat pig meats? They're not sacred to them like cows are to hindus, so I'm curious as to why this animal's flesh is forbidden. I assume there's a reason given somewhere in the holy books.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
19.11.2014 - 11:54
IronAngel

They are considered unclean. The Bible forbids all sorts of food. As why this is so, there are different ideas. It has been suggested that it's a practical guideline that protected people from the parasites in undercooked pork, but I find that implausible. It's more likely to do with the Jewish impulse to define their religious and cultural identity as against the surrounding peoples, much like circumcision. Most religions are full of outward signs like this. There is quite a lot of meaning surrounding food in religion. To eat something is to take it inside you and make it a part of you, and so to control what you eat you also regulate your inner state.

In short, eating means more in the religious imagination than the banal necessity of sustenance.
19.11.2014 - 12:03
Ilham
Giant robot
That and Judaism forbids eating animals with cloven hooves in general, not just pork. Animals that both ruminate and have cloven hooves are allowed, but those who only have cloven hooves are considered unclean and Jews are forbidden to eat them.
19.11.2014 - 13:15
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I'm not sure, I'M NOT nor an animal expert neither an islam expert, just heard that pigs don't sweat the toxins out of their bodies and they eat their own feces, so they're considered unclean animals, dogs are known unclean too in Islam. I don't know why.
----
The Fangirl.
19.11.2014 - 14:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by IronAngel on 19.11.2014 at 11:54

It has been suggested that it's a practical guideline that protected people from the parasites in undercooked pork, but I find that implausible.

I find that quite implausible as well, because if that were the case chicken would have been forbidden as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.11.2014 - 17:25
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Bad English on 19.11.2014 at 17:13

as far a sI know reason why in that area where islam is located , pig meet / meat don't hold on long and people get poisoned fast , when islam came they use it as religious reason to ban it and ppl believe it

What you say is just applicable to centuries ago when there was no refrigerator but even in those ages I think people knew how to preserve their meat, if what you say was true, they couldn't eat lamb or cow meat either.
But you know one of the main Iranian meals is Kebab, almost in every dish they make there is a big portion of lamb or cow. I think it goes back to culture too that people around middle east don't like pig as much as they like fish or cow or lamb, however, religion added to their unwillingness eating pig.
----
The Fangirl.
19.11.2014 - 18:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by angel. on 19.11.2014 at 17:25

if what you say was true, they couldn't eat lamb or cow meat either.

actually cow meat can be eaten in such instances (lamb I am not sure about). Chicken is the most dangerous one around and not pig.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.11.2014 - 19:23
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Bad English on 19.11.2014 at 18:20

but does chicken historically lives in that area?

no only camels in those areas.
----
The Fangirl.
19.11.2014 - 19:26
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.11.2014 at 18:13

actually cow meat can be eaten in such instances (lamb I am not sure about). Chicken is the most dangerous one around and not pig.

well I don't know, still I don't think because they can't preserve pig's meat there so they don't eat it.
----
The Fangirl.