Metal Storm logo
Islam

Original post

Posted by Black Winter, 11.03.2008 - 21:55
Since the old thread had exceeded its limits,here is a new thread to continue some of the previous discutions,please post a logic and a meaningful contributions and try to avoid all kinds of extremism and disrespectful remarks.
I myself will try to contribute meaningfully to clarify some points .
19.11.2014 - 20:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by angel. on 19.11.2014 at 19:26

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.11.2014 at 18:13

actually cow meat can be eaten in such instances (lamb I am not sure about). Chicken is the most dangerous one around and not pig.

well I don't know, still I don't think because they can't preserve pig's meat there so they don't eat it.

Like I said you also can't preserve chicken meat there. and yet that is considered alright to be eaten.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.11.2014 - 22:27
IronAngel

The problem with practical explanations is that it doesn't explain why particular rules have become part of particular religions, while there are plenty of foods that could be restricted on practical grounds but aren't and there are other people/religions/cultures in the vicinity or with equivalent knowledge that haven't adopted such restrictions. In the New Testament discussions on Jewish food restrictions (Paul's letters primarily), it is very apparent that it is very much a social issue.

There are of course multiple levels of explanation. The theological justification at the time and the interpretation today are a totally different thing than the academic/anthropological theory of what function such rules serve. We can take it for granted that there will be some guidelines concerning food in almost any major religion - it's just so fundamental to the human psyche and a natural way to define identity - but why it's some specific food instead of another probably has to take into account both the practical economic context as well as the literary/cultural/mythological background when a given practice is first introduced.

The idea that "they just didn't like pig" or "they didn't have many pigs around back then" is just nonsense. If that was the case (and archaeological sites in the area of the old Israelite regions are full of pig bones), why would they have instituted such a rule in their holy texts? On the contrary, the fact that it's mentioned and made such a big deal of suggests that it was a relevant option, and abstaining was a conscious religious and cultural decision to set themselves apart. It's akin to suggesting Europe must have had a shortage of meat every spring and that's why they observed the Lenten fast before Easter. >_>

I'm pretty sure it's part of Islam primarily because it's part of Judaism. The origin is to be found in the few hundred years BC, not the 7th century. Why they chose that specific restriction to preserve and not something else, though, is interesting. I don't know.
29.11.2014 - 09:07
Rasputin

Written by _deepblack on 15.11.2014 at 11:08

Written by Rasputin on 23.06.2014 at 19:11

If you are scared of my posts, then you are blind to the real problem. Islam nowhere in the world brings peace, never brings tolerance, never brings freedom and understanding. It breeds murder, torture, hatred, and terrorism. There is not a single place on this planet where the muslims moved to and made it a better place. Everywhere they go, they return it to stone age, which pretty much describes their mentality. Only due to the judeo-liberal lunacy of the Western Culture do people actually believe that any peace could be made and any tolerance could be enforced. And that will bite the West in the end. And yes, I firmly believe when I say "Death to Islam."

yeah yeah i think that u should join ISIS my friend they can use a "Extremist" like you very well i say write a letter to them and they will accept u with open arms then u can tell them how do u feel about Islam and Muslems and everything and they say yeah yeah lets go killem all bro u feel like "brother" to them cause they exactly do the same u know they think all other muslims should die and everyone should preach what "they say" and this is the wrong Islam and should be dead just like u so what are u waitin for just go ahead and join ur brothers at ISIS and fight for the "same cause" u share the same ideas about Islam and Religion

I can never be a brother to those brainwashed idiots who believe in Allah and a murderer Muhammad. We are quite different, I want the Western world free from Islam and adherents of this cult, they want the entire world to be Islamic.

For a religion of peace they sure are busy.

SInce 9/11 there have been close to 25000 terrorist attacks executed worldwide

and

Weekly Jihad Report
Nov 15 - Nov 21
Jihad Attacks:

Allah Akbars*:

Dead Bodies:

Critically Injured:

384 toll

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace
"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2014.11.27 (Jammu, India) - Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists militants murder three Indian soldiers and four civilians in a suicide assault.
2014.11.27 (Kabul, Afghanistan) - Three members of the same family are among six people blown apart by a suicide bomb blast.
2014.11.26 (Mosul, Iraq) - Two former female candidates for parliament are captured and executed by a Sharia court.
2014.11.25 (Maiduguri, Nigeria) - Two young female suicide bombers detonate in a packed market, killing nearly eighty, including those who rushed to help victims of the first blast.
2014.11.25 (Jerusalem, Israel) - Two Jewish seminary students are stabbed by Arab youth.
2014.11.24 (Kunduz, Afghanistan) - Two women are among six who bleed to death in the aftermath of a blast from a bomb planted on a motorcycle at a market.
30.11.2014 - 09:03
_deepblack

Written by Rasputin on 29.11.2014 at 09:07

Written by _deepblack on 15.11.2014 at 11:08

Written by Rasputin on 23.06.2014 at 19:11

I can never be a brother to those brainwashed idiots who believe in Allah and a murderer Muhammad. We are quite different, I want the Western world free from Islam and adherents of this cult, they want the entire world to be Islamic.

For a religion of peace they sure are busy.

SInce 9/11 there have been close to 25000 terrorist attacks executed worldwide

and

Weekly Jihad Report
Nov 15 - Nov 21
Jihad Attacks:

Allah Akbars*:

Dead Bodies:

Critically Injured:

384 toll

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace
"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2014.11.27 (Jammu, India) - Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists militants murder three Indian soldiers and four civilians in a suicide assault.
2014.11.27 (Kabul, Afghanistan) - Three members of the same family are among six people blown apart by a suicide bomb blast.
2014.11.26 (Mosul, Iraq) - Two former female candidates for parliament are captured and executed by a Sharia court.
2014.11.25 (Maiduguri, Nigeria) - Two young female suicide bombers detonate in a packed market, killing nearly eighty, including those who rushed to help victims of the first blast.
2014.11.25 (Jerusalem, Israel) - Two Jewish seminary students are stabbed by Arab youth.
2014.11.24 (Kunduz, Afghanistan) - Two women are among six who bleed to death in the aftermath of a blast from a bomb planted on a motorcycle at a market.

hey lets be honest here i dont like arabs my self even some times people say Muhammad was sent to Arabs because they had the worst condition among everyone on earth they were brutal and living like animals
but what im saying is you are being extreme im sure ur free western world has it own problems im sure u have ur death toll im sure u have ur dangers and ur wars for money and sure u have ur Media covering it
yeah these guys are killing innocent people in the name of peace but so did u in Iraq and Afghanistan for money
im not judging here ok im saying if there is any peace if there be any peace its gonna be within u and ur mind i say u look like them because u hate everyone just like them
so chill out a little bit
30.11.2014 - 11:10
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by _deepblack on 30.11.2014 at 09:03

hey lets be honest here i dont like arabs my self even some times people say Muhammad was sent to Arabs because they had the worst condition among everyone on earth they were brutal and living like animals
but what im saying is you are being extreme im sure ur free western world has it own problems im sure u have ur death toll im sure u have ur dangers and ur wars for money and sure u have ur Media covering it
yeah these guys are killing innocent people in the name of peace but so did u in Iraq and Afghanistan for money
im not judging here ok im saying if there is any peace if there be any peace its gonna be within u and ur mind i say u look like them because u hate everyone just like them
so chill out a little bit

Jesus fucking Christ not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs. Get your facts straight before "not judging". Fucking idiots in this forum.
30.11.2014 - 11:15
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Ilham on 30.11.2014 at 11:10

Jesus fucking Christ not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs. Get your facts straight before "not judging". Fucking idiots in this forum.

Ilham, I must tell you that most of the younger generations [here] have a sort of hate for Arabs and Turks for different reasons, I must say that's idiotic for sure but if you could know the exact reasons [which I wouldn't risk to explain much] you could understand ( feel ) why these kids hold such hate. So don't really get annoyed by them, that's nothing worthy
----
The Fangirl.
30.11.2014 - 11:20
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by angel. on 30.11.2014 at 11:15

Ilham, I must tell you that most of the younger generations [here] have a sort of hate for Arabs for different reasons, I must say that's idiotic for sure but if you could know the exact reasons [which I wouldn't risk to explain much] you could understand ( feel ) why these kids hold such hate.

Honestly I don't give a shit how he feels about Arabs. I just don't like amalgams. Not all Muslims are Arabs and not all Arabs are Muslims. Hate on who ever the fuck you want, but just don't confuse ethnicity with religion.
30.11.2014 - 11:24
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Ilham on 30.11.2014 at 11:20

Honestly I don't give a shit how he feels about Arabs. I just don't like amalgams. Not all Muslims are Arabs and not all Arabs are Muslims. Hate on who ever the fuck you want, but just don't confuse ethnicity with religion.

Yeah I know, some see it like this : the whole middle east (specially Arabs) =Islam + camels.
----
The Fangirl.
30.11.2014 - 11:30
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by angel. on 30.11.2014 at 11:24

Yeah I know, some see it like this : the whole middle east (specially Arabs) =Islam + camels.

Yup. I said my piece, now we can let them have their "debate" on how they hate a billion and a half people because "they're not tolerant".
01.12.2014 - 03:18
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by deadone on 01.12.2014 at 03:03

So here to generalise: Dead1 - typical white male with average income, typical white male political opinions, typical house, typical car. Nothing fucking exceptional here.

My point still stands no matter how much you want to generalise, or how much contempt you put in your reply just there.
01.12.2014 - 03:37
Ilham
Giant robot
I don't give a flying fuck about your theories. You can't call a simple fact like that one irrelevant just because it doesn't go your way. You're the one usually boring us with your statistics and figures, twisting them to make them say what you want. I thought a simple reality like that would please you.

My work here is done .
01.12.2014 - 13:50
_deepblack

Written by Ilham on 30.11.2014 at 11:10

Written by _deepblack on 30.11.2014 at 09:03

look chill out looks like u hate everyone that doesnt approve what u say i didnt say i hate arabs or muslims im an Iranian my country have been envaded by Iraq and Saudi Arabia in 2 generations i can have my reasons for not liking those guys ok but i dont hate arabs or muslims i have arab friends from Palestine from Dubai from Lebanon but why do u care ? u look like doesnt care about anything at all anyway i was trying to tell Rasputin to not judge all the muslims and islam not labeling them all terrorists
01.12.2014 - 14:00
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by _deepblack on 01.12.2014 at 13:50

look chill out looks like u hate everyone that doesnt approve what u say i didnt say i hate arabs or muslims im an Iranian my country have been envaded by Iraq and Saudi Arabia in 2 generations i can have my reasons for not liking those guys ok but i dont hate arabs or muslims i have arab friends from Palestine from Dubai from Lebanon but why do u care ? u look like doesnt care about anything at all anyway i was trying to tell Rasputin to not judge all the muslims and islam not labeling them all terrorists

Lol I don't know what the first sentence is about because I am not expressing an opinion, it's a fact. It's incredible how people's reading comprehension gets clouded by personal feelings. I don't care about your sob story or reasons to be racist. I am not passing judgement on anything. Not all Arabs are Muslims, and not all Muslims are Arabs. You just can't lump them all in the same bag.
01.12.2014 - 14:11
_deepblack

Written by Ilham on 01.12.2014 at 14:00

Lol I don't know what the first sentence is about because I am not expressing an opinion, it's a fact. It's incredible how people's reading comprehension gets clouded by personal feelings. I don't care about your sob story or reasons to be racist. I am not passing judgement on anything. Not all Arabs are Muslims, and not all Muslims are Arabs. You just can't lump them all in the same bag.

IM NOT
im trying to tell this to Rasputin he says : "this world is being destroyed by arabs and muslims " and its not true
im trying to say its not right to blame everything on a whole bunch of people but since u dont care about anything u know u just keep repeating ur self and calling us idiots
01.12.2014 - 14:13
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by _deepblack on 01.12.2014 at 14:11

IM NOT
im trying to tell this to Rasputin he says : "this world is being destroyed by arabs and muslims " and its not true
im trying to say its not right to blame everything on a whole bunch of people but since u dont care about anything u know u just keep repeating ur self and calling us idiots

Because nobody seems to understand that it is my only point and tries to push me into an argument I don't want to partake it. You made a mistake in your first post, I pointed it out, end of the story.
01.12.2014 - 19:10
Rasputin

You name me one other group that is engaging into terrorist attacks on a daily basis on a civilian and paramilitary level (so we are excluding the obvious terrorist activity of the NATO and US masked under the guise of freedom and peace). You will find maybe one or two groups that are in more than one country, but nothing like the muslims. I'm amused to see how many fucking liberal idiots we have on this forum, where no one is willing to say the truth in fear of being offensive and labeled not tolerant. Muslims are gaining numbers anywhere they go, and when they reach critical mass there will be no stopping them. I am yet to see a logical explanation of the things that are happening in France, Germany, Sweden etc., from these tolerant and peace loving Muslims who over night started carrying slogans "Islam is religion of peace" and "Death to all infidels." How many terrorist attacks, how many more lives and towns must be lost for you to see the face of the enemy. We have good people anywhere, I am not stating that we don't, but those good people won't be there when they enter your house and behead you and rape your children and wife. Where is the outrage from the Muslim communities when another person gets killed? There isn't one, and why is that, because deep down, behind the sweet and innocent facade of tolerance lies the glee of doing what Muhammad told you to do. If Jeffrey Domer or Bundy or BTK wrote a book that people used as a gospel, would you think that there was a problem with that? If you don't then kill yourself right now, because you are stupid. Koran was created by a group of lunatics,lead by a lunatic, and that word is law, perfect in every way, with no ability to examine or question it, none what so ever, anyone who tried had to flee the country or was killed. You are living in the same delusion like the Jews in WWII, where none of them tried to escape because they could not believe that it was happening. Some didn't get it even when they were in the Concentration camp. Islam is a threat to the Western World, it is not compatible in any single shape and form, and it does not want to. Islam means submission, where every facet of your life is service to Allah or Muhammad. And again I ask, what country or a place was made better for allowing Muslims to come? Why is it that every time they move in, everything returns to the BS era? Fascinating.
01.12.2014 - 21:41
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Rasputin, I love how you ramble without making paragraphs. Breath while you rant.
----
The Fangirl.
01.12.2014 - 22:47
Rasputin

Love you too baby
02.12.2014 - 10:35
angel.
Evil Butterfly
my country have been envaded by Iraq and Saudi Arabia in 2 generations i can have my reasons for not liking those guys

For fuck sake ! Then you must hate Mongols, Turks and Russians more or even Britain ( even-though they never invaded directly). But I hate your viewpoint more than anything.
----
The Fangirl.
02.12.2014 - 10:56
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by IronAngel on 19.11.2014 at 11:54

They are considered unclean.

it's been said that pigs eat their own feces and they don't sweat the toxins out of their body then that makes them unclean. Dogs are also known unclean but I don't know why exactly they're known unclean by Muslims.
----
The Fangirl.
02.12.2014 - 11:02
_deepblack

Written by angel. on 02.12.2014 at 10:35

my country have been envaded by Iraq and Saudi Arabia in 2 generations i can have my reasons for not liking those guys

For fuck sake ! Then you must hate Mongols, Turks and Russians more or even Britain ( even-though they never invaded directly). But I hate your viewpoint more than anything.

For fuck sake i said i dont hate anybody and im saying this for the last time i think u got reading problems i said i dont like Saudi Arabia [ government ] because he is the one feeding ISIS i dont like Iraq and Saddam [ Government ] because of war but when US attacked Iraq i wasnt happy and i wasnt thinking that of a revenge i was seeing people dying and yes i dont like the Britain [ government ] cause they used us and will use if the get the chance look i've been so full of hate when i was younger but then i found out that it wont work out it doesnt work out this way i cant help my feelings by hating a nation even if they hate me
but thats amazing that how u judge me by every word i say
and why u dont talk about Islam or middle east or Arabs why u keep judging me as a young idiot generation
im not here for a fight but im in if im gonna learn something
02.12.2014 - 12:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by _deepblack on 02.12.2014 at 11:02

look i've been so full of hate when i was younger but then i found out that it wont work out it doesnt work out this way i cant help my feelings by hating a nation even if they hate me
but thats amazing that how u judge me by every word i say
and why u dont talk about Islam or middle east or Arabs why u keep judging me as a young idiot generation
im not here for a fight but im in if im gonna learn something

The point is that I don't care about these things unless there will be a judgmental stereotype pushing into ethnicity. I'm allergic to stereotyping people. But anyway, I'm leaving the thread, there is always something dramatic when it comes to talking about ME or Islam, people tend to get seriously biased. ( I'm not saying to you deepblack, don't take it personal).
----
The Fangirl.
03.12.2014 - 00:18
Candlemass
Defaeco
It's extremely hard for people (especially Western with their linguistic essentialist practices) to understand that there is no "The Islam", only versions of it. Forget about trying to find a 'definition'. For instance, Maajid Nawaz represents a reformist and very democratic take on Islam similar to other reformist groups in Christianity and Judaism unlike versions of political Islam like The Muslim Brotherhood.

Spare the moralisms, political correctness and concentrate on epistemology instead. Stereotypes actually tend to be reliable to certain degrees, just update your probabilities to fit new information and don't stick to them zealously (especially when it serves your political ends).

For the secular people, do the world a favor and promote atheism. It's your democratic civil duty. If you have an empty knee-jerk conception of "racism" - grow up.
03.12.2014 - 09:49
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by deadone on 03.12.2014 at 01:32

Moderate Islamists are rare. Moderate Muslims are increasingly rare. A lot of supposed moderates are also moderates in name only - look at Turkish PM Recep Erdogan. His latest statements were about how women were inferior to men - hardly moderate thought. You can accuse him of being an idiot or whatever but this is quite mainstream Muslim thinking.

Then what ?!!! Then how do you conclude they're rare from idiotic speech of one person ? Because you don't see them on your T.V. ? Because your favorite broadcaster never talk about them ? Because actually you don't want to stop with discriminating view ?
Should I also conclude all Jews or Israelis are horrible people because what their governors have done to the poor people of Gaza ?!

Since the 1980s there has been a revival of conservative Islam across the world. This is due to a variety of factors - failure of secular nationalism and communism, success of Islamic fundamentalism in fighting USA (toppling of Shah in Iran) and Afghanistan (defeat of Soviets), increasing Muslim urbanisation, Saudi/Persian Gulf oil wealth etc etc. Even economically successful countries like Turkey, Malaysia and Indonesia are seeing an upsurge in conservative Islam.

Try not to talk about the things you don't know shit about it. You have no fucking single idea about the down falling of Pahlavi dynasty. This shows how misinformed and biased you talk. It was not about revival of conservative Islam. I can't tell how funny this claim is.

Islamic terrorism is the extreme version of that revival of Islamic conservatism, much like Nazism was the extreme version of many views already held by Germans (e.g. cultural engrained militarism, hatred of Jews, fear of Communism, sense of Western betrayal)

what a hypocritical term ! Islamic terrorism ! Are you talking about the thing which benefits USA in so many ways ? The same thing they trade on it with Saudi ! huh ! Why you can't you see there are extremists in every fucking ideology. Those extremists are benefiting something related to the main people in power, zealous people yeah ! But do you know that they don't represent the whole community ?

Seems many of the hairless apes are giving up on concept of science, liberalism and progress and embracing ancient superstition

Hairless apes ?! huh ! SPEND all your hopes on science, but science is not the ultimate savior ! I assure you, the proof ? Look at the trading of medicines, look at production of mass murder weapons, enough ?
----
The Fangirl.
03.12.2014 - 18:33
Rasputin

I again find myself agreeing with Deadone. Moderate Islam does not really exist. It is as I said before, someone goes and blows himself up, you don't hear any condemnation from the Muslim community, unless they are directly asked, and even then, it is mostly bullshit what they say anyway. Islam is the fastest growing religion. It is spreading like wildfire all over the world, and Deadone is right, anywhere Muslims go, they do not try to adapt with the culture, to turn the place they live like another bumfuck area from where they came from. I admit I am not assimilated into the US culture, but you don't see me carving a chunk with Slavic culture anywhere I go.

Western liberalism is the problem, it is too accepting and welcoming, and constantly attempting to be tolerant to the point of cultural relativism. It is all fine and dandy to believe that everyone has the right to believe what they want, however, if those people are cannibals per se, or in this case Muslims who only want Sharia, what is there left to discuss. I dare anyone from the West to go to any Islam dominated country and try to implement 1% of what the Muslims are doing all over Europe, and let's see how long he/she would stay alive after it.
03.12.2014 - 20:12
Candlemass
Defaeco
I don't know why politics is exempt from what is expected from all other ares of human inquiry.
To contradict a generalization one needs one example only. If it is contradicted it is expected one will revise his claims and use more accurate language if needed.

Speaking of "(The) Islam" or "The Muslims" stems from (politically motivated) ignorance.
I'll agree with you the modern left ideology is pathetic and yet there is a version of moderate reformist Islam, I gave an example of up in the thread.
It's always preferable to take a more modest approach to things and simply state that people that support Sharia are wrong because of reasons x,y,z (did I mention "The Muslims" as a whole? Is there really a need to in this context? Do all Muslims support Sharia? The only situation I would actually end up mentioning a group is if I can find an accurate enough fit and it had relevance to the point).
You end up presenting a stronger more accurate argument without causing needless knee-jerks reactions.
03.12.2014 - 20:47
IronAngel

^ What he said (about argumentation, anyhow).
04.12.2014 - 10:33
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I don't want to get stuck in labyrinth of judgmental discussions
I suggest just want one thing to you deadone : take a middle path. I lived with muslims my whole life, they have their own mistakes, like every other person can have, but by no means they're just the ultimate evils of Earth, with removing them from earth, I doubt if everything will be fine.

The bottom line : " Hate only breeds hate. "
----
The Fangirl.
04.12.2014 - 14:41
Rasputin

I am yet to see any counterargument from your Mary. You say he is judgmental, I already know what you think of me, but you are yet to invalidate anything we say. Islam is a poison that needs to be dealt here and now, before it further spreads and destroys what little sanity is left. I lived with Muslims as well, and like I said before, during Yugoslavian Civil War, the peaceful, moderate Muslims ended up being the same as the radical Muslims, aside from blowing themselves up. And I doubt Mary that if you lived in Saudi Arabia or any other Islam dominated country we would see you here on the internet, conversing with all of us.
04.12.2014 - 19:29
Candlemass
Defaeco
Written by deadone on 04.12.2014 at 02:10

We can quote as many reformers as we want, but they are a minority. Looking at how people actually live in predominantly Muslim areas is much better proof of this. Looking at the success of Islamists in democratic elections in Turkey and Egypt is another example.

Bare in mind Islamic countries never experienced anything like the Enlightenment or the Protestant reformation or the industrial revolution and subsequent growth in socialist and liberal thought. Modern ideas associated with secularism are a bolt on and in many countries only ever affected elites in capital cities and not the vast majority of the population. Hence the old ways prevailed.

Look, I'm by no means a religious, a political religious or Islamist apologist. I agree with you that certain groups of people have serious issues. What I also stress is that accurate language is important, especially in a context that language matters so much.

I had a discussion here with a religious Muslim on the issue of wife beating and how supported it is in the Quran here on Metalstorm. I did not present a forceful position given my Islamic education is weak, I had what I like to see as a open and modest discussion.
To him, the least "worst" case was that the Quran says you should treat women like children, and of course, from time to time a child needs a light beating.
Again, I don't feel a need to turn "Muslims" to my subject of criticism when I can just:
(A) criticized that specific group of people. if it includes all Muslims (which it doesn't factually) is a logical contingency and not necessarily implies a strong or immediate causal relation, tho is this case there seems to be one, at least in his case.
(B) explain why that position is unacceptable for many reasons and why for his reasons I will not accept them.

So, again, I suggest a more modest approach to things while keeping in mind accuracy is important epistemically and hence also morally (the ethics of belief).