Metal Storm logo
Keep Of Kalessin - Sign With Nuclear Blast

Indie Recordings and Nuclear Blast are proud to finally announce their collaboration in the signing of epic extreme metal masters; Keep Of Kalessin. The band of former Satyricon live guitar player Obsidian C. has so far, in addition to the legendary Reclaim EP, released three highly acclaimed albums since its formation back in 1994 and is now ready to conquer the world with it´s forth offering. The highly anticipated new album entitled "Kolossus" is scheduled to be released in June 2008. Expect nothing less than a masterpiece!

Keep Of Kalessin is definitely the next big thing from Norway and will have a huge impact on the whole Metal scene. The base of the music is for sure Black Metal, but Keep Of Kalessin are also including other influences like Death Metal, Thrash Metal and some non-metal components, making their style fresh and truly unique. You have to be deaf to not hear the incredible potential of the band. Keep Of Kalessin will soon be one of the main driving forces in extreme Metal and one of THE bands of 2008. Be prepared for their matchless crusade!

"These Norwegians are delivering an unbelievable performance in Black Metal - virulent, aggressive and technically very far above the standard. The guys around Obsidian C. are extremely heavy and to the point, filling their songs with surprising breaks and instrumentation. This is how Black Metal has to sound nowadays. There´s no cure against this demolition bomb of anger and innovation!" - Jaap Wagemaker, A&R Manager, Nuclear Blast

"After signing Keep Of Kalessin to Tabu Recordings back in 2004, we are extremely pleased to be working with Obsidian C. and Keep Of Kalessin again. The new album totally reflects the unique musical craftsmanship and the undisputable power of this band - and is everything we ever dared to hope for! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this band will be huge!" - Erik S. Røhne, A&R Indie Recordings

The band will be part of "The Invaluable Darkness Tour Part 2 - Legions Of The Chosen Few" through North America along with labelmates Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth - starting in April. An extensive European Tour is already in the planning. Keep Of Kalessin will prevail! The album will be released by Indie Recordings and is licensed to Nuclear Blast for the following territories: Germany, Austria, Switzerland + Rest of the world outside Europe (except Australia and Russia)

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Keep Of Kalessin
Posted: 14.03.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 28 users
14.03.2008 - 18:51
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
This band deserves a big label. Good news. I hope that they will be treated as good as best sellers on NB.
14.03.2008 - 20:43
Rituale_Satanum

surely they deserve a big label they make sick music...glad to hear this
----
No-one is closer to the Devil than me
14.03.2008 - 23:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Quite some boasting there, lets hope Kolossus will live up to it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.03.2008 - 00:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
They are so overrated.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.03.2008 - 00:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 15.03.2008 at 00:00

They are so overrated.

their old stuff I enjoyed but their latest is soooo overproduced it sounds stale and lifeless to me. And yes now they ARE overrated, though live I did like them much more than on Armada.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2008 - 00:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2008 at 00:02

Written by Lucas on 15.03.2008 at 00:00

They are so overrated.

their old stuff I enjoyed but their latest is soooo overproduced it sounds stale and lifeless to me. And yes now they ARE overrated, though live I did like them much more than on Armada.

Yeah, live they were quite enjoyable though COMPLETELY obliterated by Enslaved afterwards. But I don't hold that against them. Never been able to like any of the stuff, not even the older stuff, though.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.03.2008 - 02:29
matos

come on! they are not overrated! they are without a doubt one of the most hardworking BM (extreme epic metal actually) bands of last few years. They are not very fames and they did not sell out, well at least i hope nuclear blast doesn't fuck em up. They are actually very creative and have guts to step out of black metal averageness, not like other black metal bands who play black metal just to be black metal (and the other way around), and also they haven't lost the touch like many good BM bands.
So all in all i have only best wishes for them, and hope nuclear blast helps them on their way!
----

Hits total: 3382 | This month: 6