Metal Storm logo
Hate Eternal

15.06.2006 - 23:52
Stigmatized
Hate Eternal was formed in 1996 by Erik Rutan (ex-Morbid Angel). They are a Death Metal band that has released 3 albums. Conquering the Throne was the first, King of all Kings second and their latest, I, Monarch, was released in 2005.

Pretty kick ass band, though they don't seem to be well known. If anyone else has heard them, express your opinion here.
16.06.2006 - 00:24
Trifixion
Account deleted
They're a pretty cool band but to me most of their stuff sounds like a massive wall of noise bashing and thrashing as loud as they can. It works rather well though I haven't heard all of any of the albums but a most of I, Monarch and King of all Kings, and both are awesomet. But still I can't get over the fact that most of the time to me they're just noise maybe I'm just not listening for the right things. But all in all a kick ass band!
I AM THE KING OF ALL KINGS!!!
Sorry I had to.
16.06.2006 - 13:20
Daniel
They are veeeeerryyyy cool,I think king of kings is there best album,the guitarist is awesome,as is the drummer and vocalist,overall they are great!.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
16.06.2006 - 14:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
There sounds is really chaotic, but I love it. I don't agree with it being noise. I get your point, but if you get used to them, you'll be loving them.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2006 - 15:42
Stigmatized
Written by Lucas on 16.06.2006 at 14:53

There sounds is really chaotic, but I love it. I don't agree with it being noise. I get your point, but if you get used to them, you'll be loving them.

I agree. What's you favorite album of theirs?
16.06.2006 - 15:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Hmm. From what I've heard, it is between King Of All Kings & I, Monarch. I heard the latter one in a CD-shop was fucking blown away!! Unfortunatly, I didn't have the money to buy it.. but yeah, my fav. is I, Monarch.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2006 - 16:15
Stigmatized
I, Monarch was originally my favorite as well, but I've really grown to like Conquering the Throne. Brutal stuff....
16.06.2006 - 18:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I'll download it too then
----

16.06.2006 - 21:11
Detric
King Of Twilight
I saw them about three weeks ago, and they were really good! They only made few mistakes on stage, and went totally insane despite the few people that showed up. I like I, Monarch the best, good production and mindblowing album.
16.06.2006 - 22:01
Nokkkkkkkkkkkkk
Account deleted
Hate Eternal are really fun to listen to, for about fifteen minutes (live would be a different story entirely however). I don't see them as noisy (if we're speaking relatively, that is), but they're entirely too perishable. They get stale quick.
17.06.2006 - 12:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I don't agree with you there. It is true that some of the songs sound somewhat alike, but I like them for a few weeks now already, so.. We'll see.
----

18.06.2006 - 02:31
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 16.06.2006 at 18:32

Save up the money and buy it if you can find it, bro! These guys need all the help they can get, as they already lost Derek Roddy as a drummer due partly to the fact that playing with Hate Eternal just didnt get him enough to pay the bills comfortably.

Anyways, these guys are one of my favorite bands. I can somewhat see why people would call them "noisy" and "stale" but i can listen to most of their stuff continuously through without ever feeling a sign of disappointment. I, Monarch was a masterpiece, and from the the songs ive heard off of King of All Kings and Conquering the Throne, those seem to be brutal discs as well. I'd have these earlier two if only i were able to find them in a record store at a decently reasonable price...
18.06.2006 - 02:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I have Conquering the Throne and I, Monarch. Even though I really like those two cd's, Conquering the Throne makes me fall asleep every time I listen to it. I've only listened to I, Monarch once because I get more cd's than I can listen to.
18.06.2006 - 04:39
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 18.06.2006 at 02:31

Save up the money and buy it if you can find it, bro! These guys need all the help they can get, as they already lost Derek Roddy as a drummer due partly to the fact that playing with Hate Eternal just didnt get him enough to pay the bills comfortably.

Anyways, these guys are one of my favorite bands. I can somewhat see why people would call them "noisy" and "stale" but i can listen to most of their stuff continuously through without ever feeling a sign of disappointment. I, Monarch was a masterpiece, and from the the songs ive heard off of King of All Kings and Conquering the Throne, those seem to be brutal discs as well. I'd have these earlier two if only i were able to find them in a record store at a decently reasonable price...

Yeah, I really need to buy their albums, as I downloaded them as well. It's a shame a great band has to struggle like they do....
18.06.2006 - 05:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I was under the impression that they were quite successful, that is until Derek left.
18.06.2006 - 10:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Guest on 18.06.2006 at 02:31

Maybe we should start somekind of a 'fancy fair' for them? 'Show us your love and care for Hate Eternal'

That would be cool.
----

18.06.2006 - 16:11
Stigmatized
Yeah, good idea. I already added them to my favorite bands list, since I've listening to them a lot lately. Gotta show support in any way possible.
19.06.2006 - 01:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah, there's a lot of great bands that need support though. I know that I do my part.
19.06.2006 - 05:28
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Relentless, devastating, and fast. I once read a review for an album of their's rightfully titled 'An Exercise in Brutality' and that is what every piece of music is by this band. Rutan is a monster, that is for sure. Hate Eternal most definitely is pushing the boundaries of Metal with their albums. Perhaps not the most original or creative music, but it sure is wicked when you're in the mood for it. I am currently enjoying their debut 'Conquering the Throne.'
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.06.2006 - 16:27
mvikred
Totally awesome band .... Eric Rutan slaying on the guitar and derek roddy stomping everyone with his insane drumming ... jus wat the doctor ordered for the day .... I,Monarch was pretty technical drummingwise and good to the ear as well
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
20.06.2006 - 22:31
kackbratze
Yes, I like them. It took some time to get into them, but I'm starting to dig their stuff. I Monarch as well as King of all Kings are great... Much blast beats...
21.06.2006 - 00:12
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Extremely boring band, they mean nothing for me... I don't ask in Death Metal for variety, but when every song sounds exactly the same and very generic by the way, lacks attraction.
29.06.2006 - 19:17
Basso
Account deleted
I MONARCH! BEHOLD JUDAS! Theese guys fuckin rule and I dont care if they by some sound exactly the same because I really love their sound anyway. Just give me more crushing Hate Eternal and I am happy
30.06.2006 - 07:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
i saw them live and it was amazing, a band like this shouldnt have to struggle the way they do.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.06.2006 - 07:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I like this band, but their cd, King of all Kings, has never really clicked with me. At least half of the songs on there aren't performed together. You have Eric doing his own random thing on guitar and Derek just playing everything as fast as he can. Their other two cd's are better.
30.06.2006 - 07:41
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 30.06.2006 at 07:25

I like this band, but their cd King of all Kings sucks pretty bad. At least half of the songs on there aren't performed together. You have Eric doing his own random thing on guitar and Derek just playing everything as fast as he can. Their other two cd's are better.

I would have to agree. I enjoy their debut the most probably, and their latest a tad more. However, 'King of All Kings' is still insane. Though at times it might become a tad repetitive. Fun to listen to though.
----
The force will be with you, always.
30.06.2006 - 16:10
Stigmatized
Written by Clintagräm on 30.06.2006 at 07:41

I like this band, but their cd King of all Kings sucks pretty bad. At least half of the songs on there aren't performed together. You have Eric doing his own random thing on guitar and Derek just playing everything as fast as he can. Their other two cd's are better.

I would have to agree. I enjoy their debut the most probably, and their latest a tad more. However, 'King of All Kings' is still insane. Though at times it might become a tad repetitive. Fun to listen to though.

I have to agree as well. If they were to having a boring album, Kind of all Kings would be it. My least favorite of their albums, due to reasons already mentioned.
04.08.2006 - 23:53
thanatos_7
I have the whole discography these guys are fukin amazing, Erik Rutan is a monster at the time of playing the guitar.
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
05.08.2006 - 00:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Stigmatized on 30.06.2006 at 16:10

Written by Clintagräm on 30.06.2006 at 07:41

I have to agree as well. If they were to having a boring album, Kind of all Kings would be it. My least favorite of their albums, due to reasons already mentioned.

Ehh, I quite liked that stuff.. mostly because of the reasons mentioned.
----

05.08.2006 - 02:37
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
Eric Rutan is a really talented man and that group that stared as a project gets better and better over time. I think that their best moments are "Conquering The Throne" and their last amazing album "I,Monarch". A great insane death metal band. We can except many things from them.