Metal Storm logo
Korpiklaani - Album Preview Online

A brand new trailer/EPK of the new Korpiklaani album "Korven Kuningas" is online now. Check it out under the following location! The album will be released on March 21st.

Two video clips have also been shot for it - one for the song "Keep On Galloping", the other one for the track "Metsämies" [video link]. The first edition of the new album is coming out limited with bonus tracks and on white coloured vinyl - also, there will be a strictly limited digipak version together with a drinking-horn on a wall holder. Limited and numbered to 500 copies!

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Korpiklaani
Posted: 14.03.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 38 users
15.03.2008 - 00:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Wow, seems like every other Korpiklaani album to me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.03.2008 - 01:20
Newfie_Metal
Agreed, not too much different on this album, but that's not entirely a bad thing.
15.03.2008 - 02:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Newfie_Metal on 15.03.2008 at 01:20

Agreed, not too much different on this album, but that's not entirely a bad thing.

I guess...If your already really into that type of thing. Its not my type of music so the 2 albums I own will be enough, I'm not gonna fret too much about getting these 2 latest albums.
----
- George Carlin
15.03.2008 - 02:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Doc G. on 15.03.2008 at 02:13

I guess...If your already really into that type of thing. Its not my type of music so the 2 albums I own will be enough, I'm not gonna fret too much about getting these 2 latest albums.

Two is enough for you? Well, 1 is more than enough for me. Live they CAN be alright, but ONLY in a festival setting and when I am totally pissed. This sort of folk metal is truly the shallowest of sorts. But then again 99% of folk metal is like that, the only exception in my book being Skyclad. But at least Korpiklaanis is still not as bad, atrocious, horrible, (fill in whatever you want) as the latest hype in metal land... Alestorm.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2008 - 02:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2008 at 02:18

Two is enough for you? Well, 1 is more than enough for me. Live they CAN be alright, but ONLY in a festival setting and when I am totally pissed. This sort of folk metal is truly the shallowest of sorts. But then again 99% of folk metal is like that, the only exception in my book being Skyclad. But at least Korpiklaanis is still not as bad, atrocious, horrible, (fill in whatever you want) as the latest hype in metal land... Alestorm.

Yeah, I bought that Alestorm album and theyve become the same thing as Korpiklaani for me, its ok in small doses, but the sound is almost embarrassing, like I'm listening to childrens music...like Teletubbies pirate adventure or something, it takes me about 2 songs before I have to switch to something I can take a little more seriously.
----
- George Carlin
15.03.2008 - 13:10
Stigma
Account deleted
Metsämies is quite... How do put it... Lame.

Oh, one friend of mine is acting on the video, she's the girl with the black hair.
15.03.2008 - 18:42
VPeter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2008 at 02:18

if you look further in the folk metal scene there are more serious folk metal bands then you think, (early)Empyrium, Falkenbach, Moonsorrow, Cruachan's first album, Dalriada, new Arkona and since you like doom metal so much you always check out the slavic folk doom scene check for example Silent Stream of Godless Elegy or Butterfly Temple.

to be honest I grow tired of Korpiklaani to, it's getting very repetive now sure they are a great live band and have nice drinking songs but where are those great Shaman days? when they were called Shaman they were whole lot better then they are now.
15.03.2008 - 19:23
Blood For Cowboy
Account deleted
Good stuff !! But in Live performances they sure can kick some ass whit umpa umpa , crazy suomi, i love them

Hits total: 3617 | This month: 3