05. Reversing Time
06. Black Water
07. Mountain Of Judgement
08. Mountain Of Joy
09. World Beyond These Walls
10. Transcending Miracle
11. Once Again This Life
12. Who Asked You To Fight

Neverland and the album "Reversing Time" is collaboration between the Turkish progressive band Dreamtone and the Greek singer Iris Mavraki. Both have a really different musical career, Dreamtone plays Metal when Iris especially sang with symphonic orchestra (not Metal stuff). It's funny to see today that these really different musicians join their forces to produce an album of Symphonic Power Metal with Progressive influences, and finally that's not bad at all!

"Reversing Time" is a good album. The fact that the "band" asked to the Philarmonia Istanbul Orchestra to play the symphonic parts of the album is just great. Here, if you like symphonic music of course, you can be sure that you'll find one of the best symphonic arrangements ever done for a Metal album (a lot better than Nightwish for example). It's good to see too that the album is varied even if its starts with a average song ("Shooting Star"), all in all "Reversing Time" is a nice album of Power Metal with a good female singer (she is not the best one too imo) and some little Progressive touches. With have great epic ambiances on this release and the mix between those ambiances (thank to the Orchestra) and the dark side which comes from the Progressive influences of Dreamtone is really cool. "Reversing Time" is not the album of the century but in the category this is a really solid release with a lot of nice songs and great musicians.

As you know now, the production of "Reversing Time" is just incredible. The instruments are all really well recorded and the Philarmonia Istanbul Orchestra doesn't sound like a simple addition. It's not a "bonus", it's a real important part of the music of Neverland. Plus when you add that we have guests like Hansi Kürsch, Tom Englund, Mike Baker and Gary Wehrkamp, you can be sure that we have some really good things on this release. No doubt Neverland is a great project and I hope that they will be able to release other albums in the future.

If you're into Symphonic Music and even Prog, have a look on the first album of Neverland. We have a lot of good things here, maybe that the album is a bit unequal but in general it's really well done with a lot of great songs. Neverland is maybe not Therion but they're good and their first album is a good release. I think that you should try to discover this release as soon as possible, this is great Symphonic Metal.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 15.03.2008

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 113 users
15.03.2008 - 19:55
Nyxgrinder

Is this the Michael Jackson's favorite band?
16.03.2008 - 18:17
enumaelis

I dont agree with that of they had better orchestral arrangements than Nightwish. I didnt like Dark Passion Play too much, but the thing that I really can say is that that album has some of the best orchestral arrangements ever in metal. Have you listened the no-voice version of the album? It's amazing! You can listen in that version much more details in music and I liked it even more than with the voice of Anette.
It really has a huge quantity of very little details that you cannot feel in the normal Dark Passion Play.
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
17.03.2008 - 17:38
iaberis
Advice Troll
I've heard about this album before... but I think your review finalized my idea for the album, so I'll go get it! :~)
----
Bitch! Please
26.12.2008 - 03:13
Turerkan

I got it.. infact i dropped here to write a review, only to see somebody has done it already!

anyway, i completely agree with the reviewer, its certainly a great album. it's symphonic perfection is only inferior to haggard, and nobody else. the only criticism i might have for this album is, perhaps it lacks a distinct soul. its not totally prog or power, its in between..

anyway, give it a try, you wont regret it!
25.02.2009 - 22:55
Rating: 10
giok99

Really nice album. Great symphonic parts and i like the prog side too.

Not as good as Avantasia, but close.
----
Nothing is real

Hits total: 7598 | This month: 11