Metal Storm logo
Mithras - Part Ways With Candlelight Records

Leon Macey from Mithras has posted the following statement:

"Firstoff, we're no longer signed to Candlelight Records. Although we signed with them for a possible three albums (of which "Behind The Shadows Lie Madness" was the first), Candlelight decided not to take up the option in our contract for what we're just calling "album four" atm, giving the reason that we don't tour. While we're not particularly disgruntled by this, it did come as a bit of a surprise given the fact we made them aware we weren't a touring band when they signed us (and we signed as a duo). However, the music industry has changed a lot over the last few years and it is definitely a different and harder market these days. Nonetheless, it was a great experience working with Candlelight on "Behind The Shadows..." and we wish them all the best for the future. Work continues on album four as I type this...

But rather than start a hunt for a new record label and go through agonising negotiations, we've taken the astoundingly obvious and logical step of signing to my own label Galactic Records for our next release, which is scheduled to be an extensive double cd package and celebrates the 10th anniversary of Mithras. More details to follow..."

Source: mithras.org.uk
Band profile: Mithras
Posted: 15.03.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 21 users
15.03.2008 - 20:20
Baz Anderson

of course, very glad they are thinking of the next album.
16.03.2008 - 10:59
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i hope 1349 doesn't part with candlelight. i would not be amused.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2551 | This month: 7