Metal Storm logo
Sigh - Venom Tribute Album Recorded

In an update from the band, singer Mirai Kawashima reports: "Sigh entered the studio last week, recording six Venom covers for an upcoming release from the band on The End Records appropriately titled "Sigh's Tribute To Venom." This recording marks Mikannibal's studio debut with Sigh (vocals/sax).

Paying tribute to Venom goes all the way back to Sigh's earliest days, with covers being regularly played at shows. A rare live tribute album was released on cassette from "Voices From The Dark Side Productions" in 1995.

Track listing:

01. Black Metal
02. Schizo
03. Die Hard
04. Countless Bathory
05. Teacher's Pet
06. Witching Hour

Recording Lineup:

Mirai Kawashima - Bass, Organ, Backing Vocals
Satoshi Fujinami - Drums, Guitar
Shinichi Ishikawa - Guitar
Junichi Harashima - Drums
Dr. Mikannibal - Vocals

A picture of the cover art can be found here.

Release for the tribute album is being planned for the fall, to coincide with Sigh's North American tour with Unexpect and Zimmer's Hole."

In other album news, the 8th full-length from Sigh is to be entitled "Scenes From Hell / Tempore Belli / Vanitas." Mirai also reveals that the band will be working with a real string quartet and some brass players for the album. More details are to come as work progresses.

Source: sighjapan.com
Band profile: Sigh
Posted: 18.03.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 61 users
18.03.2008 - 22:03
mankvill

It's Sigh

not Sign
18.03.2008 - 22:10
Thryce
Retired Staff
Next time you make a typo, I hope a horrible and painful death isn't your payment
----
Your favorite band sucks.
18.03.2008 - 22:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
'Die Hard' is on it, awesome! I might end up getting this.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.03.2008 - 06:21
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
sounds interesting
21.03.2008 - 08:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LOL Zimmer's Hole
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2881 | This month: 5