Metal Storm logo
Risks of smoking tea?

16.06.2006 - 06:09
Jerk

Ok so I'm no smoker but I want to knows if there's any kind of affect if you smoke tea. Sorry about my n00bnest.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
16.06.2006 - 06:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm not sure, but I know smoking the inner lining of banana peels gets you pretty fucked up.
16.06.2006 - 06:59
Zombie, M.D.

Smoking dried out banana peels will not make you trip. I would assume the main downfall of smoking tea (or anything, for that matter) is the tar/resin that happens as a result of burning it.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
16.06.2006 - 12:04
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i don't know if many people do it. i did once when i was 14 or 15. someone had told me it was good. tried it and it was completly tasteless and had no effect.

just buy good quality cigars.

i presume it has the same risks as smoking tobacco but without the nicotine addiction forming.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
16.06.2006 - 15:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Sounds really weird. Smoking normal grass isn't good either.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2006 - 20:37
Jerk

Would the smoke have any kind of effect on the lungs or throat? After I smoked some tea, I felt like I had a breath of fresh air. It was as if I had chewed mint gum then gone out into the cold. My throat felt clear. Does this happen when you smoke normal cigs?
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
16.06.2006 - 20:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol it can't happen when you smoke normal cigs because you get flooded with the smoke and you feel anything but fresh(i've been just added by a dozen metalstormers in their "users to bash" list )
16.06.2006 - 21:08
jizzlord
like a fox
why would anyone smoke tea, i remember once one of my friends rolled up a "joint" and gave it to this guy and he was saying "i'm so stoned whoa!".
Ah, if only i was back in school
----

17.06.2006 - 02:03
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Ahaha, you remind me of myfriend, trying to smoke everything, he has tried to smoke dandilions, actual grass off his lawn, he tried smoking air, and spices and stuff, thats so dumb smoking tea is stupid thats got to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard.
17.06.2006 - 02:58
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Why the hell would you WANT to smoke tea? Go get some tobacco!
17.06.2006 - 05:38
danzig111
Account deleted
A friend ov mine (who now lives in Maryland) told me that he used to do that only when he ran out ov Marijuana or was out ov money to buy it. I understand if you're desparate for a puff, otherwise, why bother?
17.06.2006 - 05:43
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
If you're looking to smoke something other than tobacco/weed etc., perhaps try some herbal cigarettes. I have smoked ones made mostly from catnip, and others made from corn silk/lotus leaf. They're certainly not as heavy as tobacco.
17.06.2006 - 07:38
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Nice thread eh? Hey, perfect time to ask this question...has anyone ever smoked chocolate powder? I always thought of doing it...
17.06.2006 - 12:01
Avenant
Profane Seraph
I once tried to smoke nutmeg with some friends back in highschool. It was thier idea, don't look at me!

anyway, you're supposed to eat it - and LOTS of it. Not smoke it! We mixed it together with mango flavour molasses tobacco and the taste was actually exactly like vomit...litreally speaking. It gave me a headahe but that's all.
17.06.2006 - 18:47
Jerk

Hey! Smoking isn't that bad! I didn't feel sick or have a headache from it. But I must admit that it is poor. But I don't want to take up smoking anyway.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
18.06.2006 - 01:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 17.06.2006 at 05:43

If you're looking to smoke something other than tobacco/weed etc., perhaps try some herbal cigarettes. I have smoked ones made mostly from catnip, and others made from corn silk/lotus leaf. They're certainly not as heavy as tobacco.

You smoke catnip? lol omg...

This thread is becoming hilarious.
18.06.2006 - 06:50
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
The only risk I can see is that your friends and family might mistake you for a mentally handicapped person
18.06.2006 - 08:54
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
You're supposed to ingest about a gram of nutmeg...I did it once during the summer...a little over a gram...man, my suggestion is not to plan anything for the next 2-3 days because you can't do a simple thing like pick up a phone for that whole period of time...it's all about personal deep reflection...I like, found myself during those 2-3 days man...
18.06.2006 - 16:42
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Tea is tasteless and has no other effect that irritating your throat IMO... Banana peels made me sick, lawn and daisies were fun but totally pointless (anyway what's the point of trying to smoke everything ?)
I'm planning to try chocolate powder during the summer holidays, thx for the suggestion Horlequism
But chocolate-flavoured cigs do exist and are commercialized under the brand "Black Devil" or something like that... Not a big thing to try but if you lick your lips after taking a puff, you'll find a sweet chocolate taste. I guess smoking chocolate powder will be the same...
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
21.06.2006 - 01:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This tread are wered
One time my friend trybsmoke cigarets who was put in milk and then let in sun dry and when thay dry he smoke 10 nd well he puke almoust all day

I newer hd smoke tea, but once one guy give me some strnge cigs, I had sick fter them, it ws some grs, i dunno, thy was safe made, after it I kick him
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.08.2006 - 22:30
Ernis
狼獾
I started smoking the wild thyme.....gathered the blossoms myself....so far I had only known that it is used as a healing tea....anyhow...one thing...this crap stinks like marijuana...the only thing is that the blossoms are purple instead of green....but when I gave it to some friends they at start mistook it for cannabis....I do not know if this was some sort of a placebo effect but they wanted more...and now we smoke it...all the time....they love it....wonder if we discovered a new drug......
06.02.2007 - 09:12
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I'd never heard of smoking tea. You mean substituting tobbaco with tea leaves?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
21.03.2007 - 07:05
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
It seems that smoking tea could be something interesting, just to know how it tastes
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
21.03.2007 - 15:04
Grimurc

One thing i know about smoking other things than tobacco and weed is that if you smoke fingernails you will, they say, get very fast accute lungcancer...dunno if it's true but i sure dont want to try it...otherwise, tea has none effect it only smells a bit.
----
Still drinking,-
21.03.2007 - 15:47
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
By concerns of economie, it's better to let infuse a good tea before, drink it, redo to dry this tea, and to smoke it

In fact only the bag has to be realy toxic
21.03.2007 - 20:37
FTW
Account deleted
I cant believe I've ran into this thread, what a small world. This was a part of my past that I thought I would never see again.

Anyways when I was 13 I used to smoke tea with my buddy, the rumour was that it would get you "hyper" but in reality it didnt do anything, it just left a taste of tea in your mouth but it didnt matter we were young and dumb and it was fun whille the ride lasted.
23.03.2007 - 14:09
Eight
Shapeshifter
Oh my... i suppose the result will be obvious - nothing good. Risks of injecting coffee with milk and three spoons of sugar into a hamster near the wheel?
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
26.12.2010 - 01:33
JD
Account deleted
I smoked Tea once it did suck, no one should try it...