Metal Storm logo
Operation: Mindcrime (Queensryche Album)

Original post

Posted by meTalcoholic, 17.05.2006 - 04:49
To me: the greatest album of all times. Operation: Mindcrime is flawless, and Geoff Tate's voice is inhumanly great. I'm creating this thread not only for the "music" part of this but also for people to reflect upon and address the social commentary Queensryche comments on with this album.
05.05.2011 - 18:05
thehondo
Definitely top 10 of all time for me!
----
No time like the present
07.05.2011 - 09:04
JÄY
Metal slave
Hmmm... just listened to it today. great concept. great music!
23.05.2011 - 07:36
GroundZero
Great album, in my opinion Operation: Mindcrime and Empire are the best Queensrÿche albums. Nevertheless Operation Mindcrime II is not as good as the first part.

I think Chris De Garmo's departure affected Queensrÿche's sound in a certain way. I still like Queensrÿche, but something is missing there.
23.05.2011 - 15:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by GroundZero on 23.05.2011 at 07:36

Great album, in my opinion Operation: Mindcrime and Empire are the best Queensrÿche albums. Nevertheless Operation Mindcrime II is not as good as the first part.

I think Chris De Garmo's departure affected Queensrÿche's sound in a certain way. I still like Queensrÿche, but something is missing there.

Agreed. Although "Operation Mindcrime: 2" is the only decent album Queensryche have done since Chris De Garmo left. Its definitely weaker than the first Mindcrime, but it's the only album they've done without Chris which isn't sleep inducing. I actually think the last album they made with Chris, "Hear In The Now Frontier" is pretty underrated, and is actually a very good album, if not quite up there with their absolute best stuff.
31.05.2011 - 19:51
Tetravirulence
This album got me into Progressive music, outstanding
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)