Metal Storm logo
Operation: Mindcrime (Queensryche Album)

17.05.2006 - 04:49
meTalcoholic
To me: the greatest album of all times. Operation: Mindcrime is flawless, and Geoff Tate's voice is inhumanly great. I'm creating this thread not only for the "music" part of this but also for people to reflect upon and address the social commentary Queensryche comments on with this album.
----

-ZEdarkangel (a.k.a. ZD/ZeeDee)

666, Number of the Beaaaaaast!!!!!!
17.05.2006 - 21:52
Hellish Star
That's right, azwesome album. Will see them in a few weeks on the "operation:mindcrile I & II" tour
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
17.05.2006 - 23:53
meTalcoholic
Exciting !! I absolutely hated Mindcrime II, however.
----

-ZEdarkangel (a.k.a. ZD/ZeeDee)

666, Number of the Beaaaaaast!!!!!!
18.05.2006 - 00:32
Conemetal
I'm disappointed with the "Operation Mindcrime II", it's so far of the great quality of "Operation Mindcrime". Their guitars lost the protagonism and the strong, few "metal" and too much orchestra, sounds like a "Broadway piece"
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
25.05.2006 - 22:01
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Queensrÿche have just released a new video for the song "The Hands" off of their new album 'Operation: Mindcrime II'.

Queensrÿche new video streams for "The Hands": here

'Operation: Mindcrime II' Product Page : Click here

Also, Queensrÿche just announced more tour dates. Check them out here

(Source : http://www.queensryche.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
26.05.2006 - 01:22
Daru Jericho
Mindcrime II was pretty enjoyable as far as I'm concerned. Maybe a lot of people felt let down because they expected something like the last one?

I really wish they would do a tour date in London. Milton Keynes is not good enough, especially as it's part of a festival. I hope they add more dates.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

28.05.2006 - 15:26
okt31
Account deleted
Well, 'ryche were great until 1990, but even after they had their moments.. I expect that Mindcrime II should at least be comparable to it's predecessor which I worship as the best album of 1988 (and the best Maiden-album came out that year not to mention countless thrash greatness... and Keeper II ...)
Anyway, they're great, I just thought making a thread for them, we should make this the official QR thread on the MS.
29.05.2006 - 03:26
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
One of the greatest albums of all time.Its follow up Mindcrime II was easily not as good as Mindcrime but was still enjoyable to listen to I thought.All of Queensryche's stuff is great.I even listen to Empire a lot. A great band who will never achieve as much success as they once had but that doesnt really matter.If they keep releasing I'll keep buying.
29.05.2006 - 13:01
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.05.2006 at 03:26

One of the greatest albums of all time.Its follow up Mindcrime II was easily not as good as Mindcrime but was still enjoyable to listen to I thought.All of Queensryche's stuff is great.I even listen to Empire a lot. A great band who will never achieve as much success as they once had but that doesnt really matter.If they keep releasing I'll keep buying.

Very well said!
09.06.2006 - 06:37
mvikred
ive jus head operation mindcrime and operation mindcrime II .... and i totally love both the albums but have a special place for the former.....to follow up on something so great as operation Mindcrime is a very tough task to the creators themselves. but they did follow up with a pretty decent sequel.
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
04.07.2006 - 19:29
nick35
Account deleted
i finally got this album after i dont know how long
15.09.2006 - 12:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree whit Conemetal Im lil dispaointed whit it, I realy like band 80ties albums and early 80ties, but after crossing 90tie border band change, and this album are worst of all,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.09.2006 - 17:33
KUFFAR
Account deleted
Great album...I dont see why to be dissapointed with it.
Its a perfect album.

operation mindcrime II isnt as good...

Empire is also a nice but more progressive
16.09.2006 - 23:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, Operation: Mindcrime was the one album that Queensryche is best known for and is considered their masterpiece...it flows so nicely from beginning to end...the band had some amazing albums before Operation: Mindcrime but this album is known as their 'when they finally put it all together; album...I like the production on this album...it sounds very echoey and all that...great album...

I haven't listened to the Operation: Mindcrime II though...I can't find it anywhere...
31.01.2007 - 17:23
Stormheart
Account deleted
There are times I cant take it out from cd player...
28.04.2009 - 10:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Queensryche is really awesome, though i do get the impression sometimes that some of the songs from their 86-90 period sound the same
23.05.2009 - 00:19
Omegabyss
Account deleted
This album is perfect, I saw them in corpus Christie, TX playing both mindcrimes, man I knew every word to every song. Part one melted my vocal cords away!

Hail to the Ryche!!!
25.05.2009 - 18:41
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
----
(space for rent)
28.01.2011 - 13:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Queensryche - I Don't Believe In Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3g6tTYoxM&feature=player_embedded

Is this song sound track to some film, because video beckscene was soem scenes from the film anybody knows name of film?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.01.2011 - 13:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 28.01.2011 at 13:28

Queensryche - I Don't Believe In Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3g6tTYoxM&feature=player_embedded

Is this song sound track to some film, because video beckscene was soem scenes from the film anybody knows name of film?

That song isn't a part of any film's soundtrack as far as I'm aware. Those scenes you're referencing are merely telling the part of the Mindcrime story that the song is about.

Needless to say, this is one of the greatest albums of all time, and seeing it performed live in it's entirety probably ranks just behind the first time I seen Priest with Rob Halford, as the best gig Ive ever seen. xD
28.01.2011 - 13:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmm weird because it looks like taken from film and BTW cup is Dutch Dickson from Rnegade TV szeries bad cop
Its weird because such scenes shood be taken from film, not specaly made for a vid
----

apos;'
[image]
28.01.2011 - 13:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 28.01.2011 at 13:39

Hmm weird because it looks like taken from film and BTW cup is Dutch Dickson from Rnegade TV szeries bad cop
Its weird because such scenes shood be taken from film, not specaly made for a vid

It probably looks like it was taken from a film, because there were filmed movie-type sequences made for the whole album. This was seen in the tour they did for the album.

I dont think I ever seen the Renegade TV series. lol
28.01.2011 - 13:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.01.2011 at 13:44

I dont think I ever seen the Renegade TV series. lol

I think one Britsih TV series show it now early once when Boby's Six Killer sister still are in series
----

apos;'
[image]
29.01.2011 - 15:08
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
I really hope they will one day make GOOD movie, based on the Mindcrime story. It deserve quality, not some bad movie.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
29.01.2011 - 15:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 29.01.2011 at 15:08

I really hope they will one day make GOOD movie, based on the Mindcrime story. It deserve quality, not some bad movie.

My fear is that if a movie was based on the Mindcrime story, it would most likely suck. I think the only chance a Mindcrime movie has of being good, is if Geoff Tate is heavily involved with the project.
29.01.2011 - 15:13
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
That's what I'm afraid of, considering that they already bought rights to make a movie. I just don't know how far the project is gone by now, it's an old news, few years back ...
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
05.02.2011 - 01:20
Urizen367
I like mindcrime...but it isnt perfect. the latter bit of the album, if it isnt killer, its filler to me. as far as perfect 10 goes, the chemical wedding by bruce dickinson. god. damn.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
05.02.2011 - 05:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
There's no filler on Mindcrime for me. The latter section of the album is very powerful to me. "Breaking The Silence"/"I Don't Believe In Love"/"Eyes Of A Stranger" are all songs that pull me in on an emotional level. Amazing songs.
06.02.2011 - 00:54
Empyror
This is one of my favorite prog-metal albums. Oddly, I'm not really a Queensryche fan. This is the only album they ever did that did anything for me. Can't really explain it other than this album just has a unique feel to it.
07.02.2011 - 22:53
Charly546
I don't really like Mindcrime anymore. It starts off good but overall it's quite boring. Most of this album is pretty much skippable.

This album used to be my No 1 album a couple years ago and now I pretty much listen to the first 2-3 tracks (real tracks, not the intros), then skip until "The Needle Lies" and then stop. Funny how tastes change - I used to dislike "The Warning" and s/t EP, now these are the only Queensryche albums I listen to.

Damn, "The Warning" is awesome. One of the best power metal albums I know.