11. Oceans Of Time

Zeche Bochum (Germany) - October 1, 2006
12. Fly To The Moon
13. Mystica
14. Haunted Castle Serenade
15. Rock The Nation

Graspop Metal Meeting (Belgium) - June 25, 2005
16. Call Her Princess

I have discovered Axel Rudi Pell live during the Graspop 2005. Honestly it was an amazing show and I was positively surprise by the fact that Axel Rudi Pell is a simple guy who is not the "only" musicians on stage (it was different when Malmsteen played on the same stage the same week end?). The show was great and really it was an excellent performance. If you didn't have the chance yet to see Axel Rudi Pell live, his new DVD "Live Over Europe" will be a good way to correct this mistake.

If you like Axel Rudi Pell or if you just like to listen to great Heavy Metal, "Live Over Europe" is a must! Really this DVD which was recorded at the Rock Hard Festival in Germany is little amazing thing. The video is excellent, the concert was long even if the number of the songs is not so big (only 10 tracks) and the performance of ALL (yes ALL) the musicians is simply amazing. Axel Rudi Pell and Mike Terrana are evidently magic but the three other guys, Ferdy Doernberg (Keyboards), Volker Krawczak (Bass) and the great Johnny Gioeli were great too. All the guys have a lot of importance in the line-up of Axel Rudi Pell's band and even if Axel is the guy that the people want to see first, you'll quickly see while you'll watching to the DVD that you're in front of a real combo. Mike Terrana even played a great drums solo during the concert which prove one more time that Axel Rudi Pell is a cool dude. I would like to add too that the performance of Johnny is also really impressive, for me he is without any doubt one of the best Heavy Metal singers of the scene nowadays.

The DVD features a great concert then (the place where the Rock Hard takes place is excellent!) with an excellent audience. The sound is perfect and it's really well filmed. When you add that the bonuses on the second DVD are simply amazing with a ton of different bootleg and video recordings (there is even a song of the performance of the Graspop 2005, yes I was there!), it's hard to find anything wrong on this DVD. This is simply a perfect DVD and only the one who don't like Axel Rudi Pell music will don't find anything special in this release. On the other hand if you don't know yet this guy and his band members I can tell you that you should buy this DVD asap to discover a great artist.

"Live Over Europe" is an amazing DVD, really this is a must for all the people who like Heavy Metal and great musician skill of course. I had a good surprise at the Graspop 2005, this DVD confirms that it was not only a good day. The Axell Rudi Pell band is a great combo full of amazing musicians, so if you like great guitar soli and catchy songs, please check this release, you'll not regret it!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 10

Written by Jeff | 22.03.2008

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 81 users
22.03.2008 - 16:56
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Seems like that "Axel Rudi Pell - Live Over Europe review" and "Magnum - Wings Of Heaven Live review" have the same cover art.
22.03.2008 - 18:19
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Oups! Thx bro

It's fixed now!
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
23.03.2008 - 17:33
Baz Anderson

I intend on buying this as soon as the easter break is over - I have his other DVD

there's also "Rock The Nation" from Bloodstock Indoor 2006! so maybe people that have this DVD will be able to see me/my arms on this release. hahaha

Hits total: 7532 | This month: 8