Metal Storm logo
Suffocation

Original post

Posted by Detric, 16.06.2006 - 20:24
Amazing band, US death metal heroes. People always talk about how good Effigy Of The Forgttoen is, and it really is a fantastic album, but I think rest of their albums are as good as Effigy, if not better! I never really liked Breeding The Spawn mostly because of the production, but its still a good album. My favourite is difinitely Pierced From Within, I just cant stop listening to that album, a fucking masterpiece. I havent heard Souls To Deny, so I cant really give my opinion on that but the fact is, that they only released four albums, but they are one of the best death metal bands around.
19.09.2008 - 00:15
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by theflyingmachine on 18.09.2008 at 18:27

I was actually just thinking about reviving this thread. What is everyone's favorite track on the S/T? Mine would have to be Translucent Patterns of Delirium

That's a cruel question man ... all the songs on the album are great. Though i will have to go with the one you chose, Tansculent Patterns ... stands out just a bit more, great solo on that song.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
19.09.2008 - 00:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah that is hard....uhm my favorite from that album is probably Abomination Reborn. It's one of the more brutal songs on the album.

Man, it's been a while since I played that album :/
23.09.2008 - 00:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They played a brand new song at the show last night, and it's fast as hell! Too bad I got too drunk to really focus on it though :/

I also met Frank last night....he's kind of short lol.
10.11.2008 - 14:42
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Till now I've listened to Effigy and Pierced. The first one I don't like it very much because of the vocals. I appreciate it though. But Pierced From Within is fanastic. PERFECT!!! Suffocation is maybe the most unmainstream band ever. I notice their songs and their structure is so fuckin difficult. I saw songs with 10-11 riffs when other DM bands write songs -succesfull songs- with using only 2-3 riffs. The most songs of Suffocation don't have o chorus also. Generaly they are a great time, but surely if you want to hear their excelent metal you should give them much time to grow on you!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
12.11.2008 - 15:47
Ascendant187
I have Pierced From Within and their 2006 release and absolutely love both. I think I prefer the '06 release a little bit more because they seem to know their music a little better. There's an interesting groove to it as well - or at least I think so. I could be way off.
22.12.2008 - 23:14
Baz Anderson
staff
I just love Suffocation. I have been lucky enough to see pretty much all the bands I could ever want to see live now, but Suffocation is still a band I haven't seen live. I look forward to when they come back here.
Looking forward to the new album next year too!!
07.04.2009 - 14:01
Humator
Account deleted
The suffocation are a great band!!!
I want to point out another great band: Humator
www.myspace.com/humator

hello
07.06.2009 - 03:35
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
New album has leaked for anyone who wants a listen...

hasnt made a major impression on me yet, but im sure it will grow on me
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
07.06.2009 - 23:53
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
The S/T was incredibly poor for Suffocation. Everything else they've done has been great. I'll have to give the one a listen.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
08.06.2009 - 18:12
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 07.06.2009 at 03:35

New album has leaked for anyone who wants a listen...

hasnt made a major impression on me yet, but im sure it will grow on me

fuck!!! this is early!!! i'll downlaod it NOW!!!!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
08.06.2009 - 18:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The new album is a bit more melodic... nuclear blast smells here... but i like it till now... but i have to listen to it many times till i decide...
----
16.07.2009 - 21:40
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Blood Oath is badass!! Really like the production.:metal:
17.07.2009 - 03:28
I don't care much for it. There are some adequate songs and a couple good ones, but about 6 below average ones. I'd take any of their other albums over this one any day.
21.08.2009 - 04:08
Suffocation is awesome

They played great live.

Badass band
----
21.08.2009 - 07:59
mortjoyeux
Ahh they're playing at Noctis in october (calgary) I'm hella excited. I don't normally listen to death metal all that much but I love these guys.
21.08.2009 - 13:31
dEAthB3D
I have effigy, pierced from within and despise the sun album

and i think pierced from within is one helluva unmainstream album...
one of my favorite for sure
but my favorite track is despise the sun...
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
23.09.2009 - 18:32
Woutjinho
Account deleted
My fav. song is human waste
fucking great band. btw; they're headlining on death feast open air 2010
31.12.2009 - 04:13
Puff
The Forlorn
Does anybody agree with me that suffocation is the best darn dm band in the world!

I mean Mike Smith's drumming style influenced alot of people (me especially)
and man the guitar work is unbelievable!

Man I listen to their songs when I walk and Im fucked up on my mp3 and each time it blows my mind.
Truly Suffocation is one of those bands that the members are, each and everyone of them, very talented and devoted
to their music. Fuck Posers
----
12.01.2010 - 19:07
Killitorous
Suffocation simply owns...
14.01.2010 - 00:19
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Puff on 31.12.2009 at 04:13

Does anybody agree with me that suffocation is the best darn dm band in the world!

Man I listen to their songs when I walk and Im fucked up on my mp3 and each time it blows my mind.
Truly Suffocation is one of those bands that the members are, each and everyone of them, very talented and devoted

eventhough they're pretty much my fav. band. you should definatly stop like that and listen to some other bands
26.03.2010 - 10:23
Suffocation is simply fuking one of the best technical death metal bands around not only killer riffs, but awesome drumming and real death metal vocals
15.03.2012 - 20:07
Written by Puff on 31.12.2009 at 04:13

+1
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter