Metal Storm logo
Trading Card Game

25.03.2008 - 14:43
Hangar XVIII
Last week I started a new project called 'Battle of the Bands'. The basic premise is that two players form bands out of musicians in their deck, and the bands make money by playing gigs, releasing albums, and so forth. Whichever band is the most famous by the end of the game wins.
I don't have all the kinks worked out yet, but I've basically designed the rules and the base set.
The game is interesting because you can create your own 'supergroup' out of your favorite musicians. (If you have the cards, of course.)

I was just wandering if anyone would be interested in contributing ideas for bands and musicians to include in later expansions.
The base set isn't the most 'metal', since it's primarily catered towards my friends at school. The bands included in it are Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, The Who, and Pink Floyd. I thought these were bands that could get anyone int the game, especially those not particularly interested in metal.

Later expansions are going to have many more metal musicians and cards, so hopefully the game could get people into metal who wouldn't listen to it before.

Post comments, advice, and ideas.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
27.03.2008 - 04:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I don't know a thign about card games, but I think it's a cool idea.

Don't forget Iron Maiden, In Flames, Rhapsody Of Fire, Blind Guardian, Death, Amon Amarth, Oomph! Rammstein, Tool and Children Of Bodom.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
27.03.2008 - 14:15
Hangar XVIII
Yeah, those will all have a place in later sets.

Iron Maiden is a given.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
27.03.2008 - 15:17
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
More mainstream/contemporary, maybe some old school musicians would include I suppose are Bradly Noell, Joey/Johnny/DeeDee Ramone, John Frusiante, Flea, Chad Smith, Anthony Kiedis, Dave Navarro, Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, Kurt Kobain, Kirst Novaselic, Jim Morrison, Jimmi Hendrix, Elton John, John Lennon, Paul Mc'artney (sp?), Getty Lee, Niel Pert, Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell, etc. I hope that helps
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
27.03.2008 - 15:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Alexi Laiho, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Les Claypool, Michael Romeo...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.05.2008 - 01:41
ASiema113
It would be sweet to see a Black Metal set of players, such as Varg Vikernes of Burzum, Jon Nodtveidt of Dissection, Dead & Euronymous of Mayhem, & Gaahl & Infernus of Gorgoroth just to name a few. And Buckethead also seems like a fitting addition to this game as well.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
02.06.2008 - 08:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
You know, I forgot Cid Barret.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
04.06.2008 - 16:30
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Robert Fripp.
04.06.2008 - 18:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Tuomas Holopainen, Mathias Nygård, Petri Lindroos, Tobias Sammet and Luca Turilli

btw. is there any chance to once have your game too ? or it is just your "local" project?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.01.2009 - 06:38
Arthion
Account deleted
As long as I can put down my Dimebag Darrel card, yell "FUCK YOU" and go into a nerd rage, this game is an epic win
09.02.2009 - 02:21
Rask
This idea is totally silly and nerdy...i approve.
03.07.2009 - 22:55
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
And the samples are...WHERE?
25.07.2009 - 15:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I guess the project has died...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.08.2011 - 17:25
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Nice idea. Black Sabbath should be the strongest card though!