Metal Storm logo
Absu - New Guitarist/Keyboardist And New Album Details Announced

The following was posted on Absu's Myspace page:

"Texas-based mythological occult metal outfit Absu has announced the addition of guitarist/keyboardist Zawicizuz (ex-Rape, Pillage & Burn/Infernal Oak) to the group's ranks. He replaces Vastator who recently quit the band due to musical and personal differences. Drummer/vocalist Proscriptor says of the replacement, "We are very proud to welcome Zawicizuz as the newest musician of Absu! He is one of the best-kept secrets in the extreme Texas music environment and we are delighted to convey our next chapter of mythological occult metal with him."

Absu will enter Nomad Recording Studio in April 2008 to begin recording the self-titled CD for a tentative autumn release on Candlelight Records. The album will be engineered/produced by none other than Sterling Winfield ( King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Solitude Aeternus, Usurper, Blood Of The Sun, Etc.) and mastered by Proscriptor at his studio Tarot Productions.

"Absu" projected track listing: (in no particular order)

• 13 Globes
  • In The Name of Auebothiabathabaithobeuee
  • Between the Absu of Eridu & Erech
  • Night Fire Canonization
  • Those of the Void Will Re-Enter
  • Nunbarshegunu
  • Girra's Temple
  • Magick Square Cipher
  • Ye Uttuku Spells
  • Amy
  • ?Of the Dead Who Never Rest In Their Tombs Are the Attendance Of Familiar Spirits?
    (Including:)
    a.) Diversified Signs Inscribed
    b.) Voor
    c.) Sceptre Command
    d.) Twix Yesterday, the Day & the Morrow
    e.) Our Earth of Black

Proscriptor adds: "Lyrically, I am concentrating more on Sumerian-based occult themes of magick and mythology versus the Celtic aspect of my previous writings, which was heavily expressed on the last few Absu studio albums. Musically speaking, the material will be quite similar to "Tara", but with more of a '70s progressive/ psychedelic texture within it. You will not be disappointed ? trust me. I will be utilizing the first logo created by Equitant and Belgian artist Kris Verwimp will handle the cover illustration once again. In other news, I am also pleased to announce the following guest musicians that will appear on the album: Ashmedi ( Melechesh), Jex Thoth (Jex Thoth/ex-Totem), Mindwalker (The Firstborn), Nornagest ( Enthroned), Sataniac (Desaster), Vorskaath (Zemial)."

Source: myspace.com
    Band profile: Absu
  • Posted: 25.03.2008 by Ether

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 3   Visited by: 32 users
    25.03.2008 - 15:38
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Great looking forvard hear it
    ----
    Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    25.03.2008 - 19:32
    AnarChrist

Looks great. I hope that in the inlay I will find pictures of Proscriptor standing on top of a Sumerian temple with a scottish kilt
    ----
    oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
    16.04.2008 - 00:29
    Leading The Rats
    Account deleted
    very excited about this new line-up, hope that they wont fuck it up.

Hits total: 4117 | This month: 5