Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden

Original post

Posted by GT, 25.03.2008 - 21:26
Since the old topic exceded its post limit here's the new topic about the band many of us like.

Last discussion in the old topic was about these shoes.

Post your thoughts and comments

EDIT: link to the old topic here
24.01.2018 - 00:56
Drippy.Hippie

I've been meaning to do this from when I was a teenager, and I finally got around to doing it.......I listened to the first two Iron Maiden albums (With Paul D'Ianno on vocals) for the very first time most recently.....Well, in full. I've truly been missing out, it's truly classic, truly awesome stuff! It's just the vocals are much different from Bruce's. Kick ass
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
31.01.2018 - 10:50
I must admit, I never liked the Maiden material with Blaze (with the exception of 'Man On The Edge' which I've always loved). But I saw Blaze live in my hometown a few years ago and he was fantastic. The Maiden era stuff he played really worked well with his own set and actually encouraged me to listen to the two Blaze era albums again. Whilst I don't think I can ever forgive Virtual XI, I did find myself enjoying The X Factor more.
03.03.2018 - 06:24
Drippy.Hippie

So I'm just finding out that Steve Harris has a house in my home town (he resides back and forth between Los Angeles, California and Nassau, Bahamas). Robbers broke into his house back in 2013 and stole $8,000 worth of things, it was in the local papers but I swear I have no memory of that news story.

But anyway, the area where his house is is roughly a 40 minute drive from where I live........Fuck that would be so awesome to meet him one day when he's in town.
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
24.09.2018 - 15:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Most watched TV in Czech republic - fun show, where contestants are about to imitate other singers (Your Face Sounds Familiar series)

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.06.2019 - 20:03
Warviking

I'm an old school metal fan who listened to Maiden in the 80s and 90s. There are a lot of bands I listened to then that I don't really like now, but Maiden I still love. Been listening to the old stuff with Paul Di'Anno lately. And as somebody who likes Viking metal, Invaders is a great song!
----
And in their hour of need
He sent forth unto them
The berserker rage

Viking Shield - Real Viking Gear
02.08.2019 - 20:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warviking on 08.06.2019 at 20:03

I'm an old school metal fan who listened to Maiden in the 80s and 90s. There are a lot of bands I listened to then that I don't really like now, but Maiden I still love. Been listening to the old stuff with Paul Di'Anno lately. And as somebody who likes Viking metal, Invaders is a great song!

Invaders has nothing to do whit viking metal, only lyrics, its pure NWOBHM period HM song
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.03.2022 - 14:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Iron Maiden posted such news 2 minutes ago(from this post) on facebook

We are very sorry to announce that due to the ongoing situation in Ukraine, the promoters have cancelled the two Iron Maiden shows scheduled for May 29th in Kyiv and June 1st in Moscow on the 2022 Legacy Of The Beast World Tour.
Ticket-holders for both shows will be informed by the respective promoters on refunds at the appropriate time.
Our priority is, and will always be, the safety of our fans.
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2022 - 11:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Two further shows have been added to the Legacy of the Beast 2022 World Tour!
31st May - Zalgirio Arena, Kaunas – LITHUANIA
2nd June – Riga Arena, Riga – LATVIA
----

apos;'
[image]
18.03.2022 - 08:41
MetalstormBANatm

Fear of the dark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14.06.2022 - 07:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
https://blabbermouth.net/news/bruce-dickinson-wants-iron-maiden-to-replace-him-if-he-is-no-longer-able-to-sing

I think they should stop or find maybe really simmilar vocalist Atick Demons once fooled us whit City under Golden gate hheheheh
----

apos;'
[image]
15.07.2022 - 13:00
heavyriffs
Account deleted
One of my favs
29.08.2022 - 02:10
UPDIRNS

UP THE IRONS is all I have to say. Maiden is a religion for me. My favorite band period and IMO the greatest band in the history of all music. Lot of folks will disagree but IDC it's my opinion. They have helped transcend so many genre's of metal. Go to a Maiden show and find more die hards life long fans then any other band I've ever seen. I've been to over 200 shows and seems many big acts as well as the grinders and the tour machines. Maiden is religion. I say again Up The Irons!!!

BTW Senjutsu is a masterpiece and these guys are getting old, but their passion and their "chops" still reign near the top of power/heavy metal today.
23.12.2022 - 13:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain was diagnosed with stage 1 laryngeal cancer in 2020 and opened up about it in a single interview last year but otherwise kept it mostly under wraps.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-nicko-mcbrain-battled-laryngeal-cancer-in-2020-but-kept-it-mostly-under-wraps

OMG I hope he is OK.
----

apos;'
[image]
28.03.2024 - 18:42
metalmadmanchris

I'm looking forward to the upcoming tour! Haven't seen Maiden since Brave New World.