Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden

Original post

Posted by GT, 25.03.2008 - 21:26
Since the old topic exceded its post limit here's the new topic about the band many of us like.

Last discussion in the old topic was about these shoes.

Post your thoughts and comments

EDIT: link to the old topic here
03.04.2014 - 20:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I mean nn metal radio stations and even VH1 wont play anything from that IM album, onlky how you can hear it buy, download and listen, o yes youtube
I never ever on any radios what so ever have heard anything from that one .... only Phanom and Women whit Paul on VH1 Classic in wery old days
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.04.2014 - 20:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 03.04.2014 at 20:40

only Phanom and Women whit Paul on VH1 Classic in wery old days

Women? If you mean Women In Uniform, that one was never on either of the two DiAnno albums, it was only a single and not even an oiginal Iron Maiden song, it was a Shyhooks cover.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.04.2014 - 21:34
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Azarath on 03.04.2014 at 20:09

Was I just put in my place?

only K7 knows the answer to this question.
03.04.2014 - 22:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.04.2014 at 20:45

Written by Bad English on 03.04.2014 at 20:40

only Phanom and Women whit Paul on VH1 Classic in wery old days

Women? If you mean Women In Uniform, that one was never on either of the two DiAnno albums, it was only a single and not even an oiginal Iron Maiden song, it was a Shyhooks cover.

yes same song and I know it was single and cover, and whit Paul only two songs any music TV has shown VH classic as I remeber Women in Uniform and Pfanton Of Opera .... non radio when I was listening it non rock or metal radio ever played anything from Paul era
----

apos;'
[image]
04.04.2014 - 12:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 03.04.2014 at 22:49

non radio when I was listening it non rock or metal radio ever played anything from Paul era

Is that a bad thing? I'm a huge Iron Maiden fanboy, but the songs I can't stand from the band is most of the radio singles (aka classics). Almost everything from the first Di'Anno albums beats the crap out of snooze fests such as "Run to the Hills" or "The Trooper".
----
04.04.2014 - 16:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 04.04.2014 at 12:53

Written by Bad English on 03.04.2014 at 22:49

non radio when I was listening it non rock or metal radio ever played anything from Paul era

Is that a bad thing? I'm a huge Iron Maiden fanboy, but the songs I can't stand from the band is most of the radio singles (aka classics). Almost everything from the first Di'Anno albums beats the crap out of snooze fests such as "Run to the Hills" or "The Trooper".

I like The Trooper and I agree but last time I was listeninmg any radio or watching VH1 it was 6 years ago .... I am totaly off any pop and even banditrock radio and I dont know whats there atm
----

apos;'
[image]
09.04.2014 - 15:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by deadone on 09.04.2014 at 05:17

You call these songs "snooze fests?"

I do and I know it's heresy. But I'm strongly against many Iron Maiden classics. Most classics are great songs, but they're boring to me these days. Probably because I've heard them to much and I also think Iron Maiden's quality lies in many unnoticed songs.
----
09.04.2014 - 15:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 09.04.2014 at 15:01

Written by deadone on 09.04.2014 at 05:17

You call these songs "snooze fests?"

I do and I know it's heresy. But I'm strongly against many Iron Maiden classics. Most classics are great songs, but they're boring to me these days. Probably because I've heard them to much and I also think Iron Maiden's quality lies in many unnoticed songs.

agreed. same goes to me to many 70's hard rock bands and 80's those video bands ... VH1 planete rock, on sat ... I have overheard those ''classios'' I cant stand them anymore, maybe now since it was like 5 years since I heard so called 70's classic
IM I listen discs so , classic in disc is not as bad .. but still
----

apos;'
[image]
09.04.2014 - 15:14
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 09.04.2014 at 15:04

agreed. same goes to me to many 70's hard rock bands and 80's those video bands ... VH1 planete rock, on sat ... I have overheard those ''classios'' I cant stand them anymore, maybe now since it was like 5 years since I heard so called 70's classic

Yeah, most of their classics aren't bad at all. Most are even great metal songs. But as you, I get tired of them. Especially of hearing them live. Just look at my "top list" called "My Maiden hangover". It's filled with classics I can't stand during their live shows anymore. However, most people would probably shit bricks of joy if that was a complete setlist. I'd vomit though.
----
09.04.2014 - 15:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 09.04.2014 at 15:14

Written by Bad English on 09.04.2014 at 15:04

Yeah, most of their classics aren't bad at all. Most are even great metal songs. But as you, I get tired of them. Especially of hearing them live. Just look at my "top list" called "My Maiden hangover". It's filled with classics I can't stand during their live shows anymore. However, most people would probably shit bricks of joy if that was a complete setlist. I'd vomit though.

if I can see Maiden live I would like but look at their live albums ...... samew shit
but secodn time live maiden, I need new set list
----

apos;'
[image]
09.04.2014 - 21:20
Silent Jay

I hear ye about the classic Maiden tracks. Some are insanely overplayed. Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Can I Play with Madness... and fucking GTA: Vice City totally forever screwed 2 Minutes to Midnight for me... but The Trooper I can play with the girl all night long too.
25.04.2014 - 03:45
raveneffect

This is the Twilight Zone of all the Iron Maiden discussions....right here....
25.04.2014 - 10:11
Silent Jay

Written by deadone on 25.04.2014 at 07:55

Written by raveneffect on 25.04.2014 at 03:45

This is the Twilight Zone of all the Iron Maiden discussions....right here....
some 2 bit reThrash band whose greatest achievement is finding someone who sounds like Steve Souza
And whom may this be?

This morning I realised I hadn't had a good Maiden session of a long while now. Today that shall change. I miss ma'boys...
25.04.2014 - 16:40
raveneffect

Most of the conversations here are - I mean people slag out legends like Venom and Celtic Frost whilst harping on about the merits of some 2 bit reThrash band whose greatest achievement is finding someone who sounds like Steve Souza or some "blackened progressive post metal band" that when you listen to the has nothing to do with metal.

And it's still better than the vast majority of forums where there is nothing being discussed at all.

Never said it had anything wrong.
11.05.2014 - 15:59
Nucky

My first metal band, I started listening metal music with Iron Maiden.. Even my dad started getting into hard rock/heavy metal music with Iron Maiden so Maiden it's kind of a family tradition.. Best metal band IMO.. My fav metal band..
12.05.2014 - 17:33
Uldreth

or some "blackened progressive post metal band" that when you listen to the has nothing to do with metal.

You mean nothing to do with 80s metal?

I don't see what's wrong with discussing "blackened progressive post-metal bands" as opposed to ancient "classic" bands everyone and their mother knows and cookie-cutter "trve metal" bands who use the same type of melodies and aesthetics everyone in this genre has been using for 3-4 decades, and frankly I find boring by this time.
12.05.2014 - 19:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 12.05.2014 at 02:55

I soooooo need a new Iron Maiden album!

better Bruce Dickonon solo but i Brue continie avio bussness whats not metal, I dont think band will have a goodalbum ...you need time to Jam and also record songs , write lyrics

why ac/dc dont work ...millionars dont need to work
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2014 - 20:14
Silent Jay

Iron Maiden are still capable of writing new material. Ofcourse they'll never quite reach the quality of the 80's material but what really brings the later albums down is the production most of all. Kevin Shirley is no Martin Birch and it shows.
13.05.2014 - 12:20
raveneffect

Written by Silent Jay on 12.05.2014 at 20:14

Iron Maiden are still capable of writing new material. Ofcourse they'll never quite reach the quality of the 80's material

Everytime I hear this argument I play "A Matter Of Life and Death" and it brings me back to Planet Earth.
16.05.2014 - 21:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
16.05.2014 - 21:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
For those wondering who "harl" is, he means Harp Twins.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.05.2014 - 21:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.05.2014 at 21:15

For those wondering who "harl" is, he means Harp Twins.

whats diference between harp and harp twins?
----

apos;'
[image]
16.05.2014 - 22:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 16.05.2014 at 21:25
whats diference between harp and harp twins?

Even though you surprisingly edited one of your typos for once, there is still a difference between the two as a harp is an instrument and Harp Twins is what two musicians decided to call their harpist project.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.05.2014 - 11:02
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by raveneffect on 13.05.2014 at 12:20

Iron Maiden are still capable of writing new material. Ofcourse they'll never quite reach the quality of the 80's material

Everytime I hear this argument I play "A Matter Of Life and Death" and it brings me back to Planet Earth.

Some good songs on there. Especial1y the 2 long ones.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.05.2014 - 11:57
Silent Jay

Written by raveneffect on 13.05.2014 at 12:20

I like A Matter of Life and Death, probably their best since the 80's along with Brave New World, but still isn't quite on par.
17.05.2014 - 17:29
raveneffect

Its one of their best records, Id say its on the same level of stuff like No prayer and such
18.05.2014 - 17:07
Nucky

Well they will probably never make legendary albums like they did in the 80s but still after Bruce got back in 1999 they haven't made a shit album..
19.05.2014 - 05:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Dance of Death is a pretty shit album by my ears. And The Final Frontier is boring as f.
----
19.05.2014 - 11:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I love some songs on Dance Of Death, but it is an incredibly patchy album. The Final Frontier is probably the weakest Maiden album with Bruce. More than half of that album is dull as dishwater.
19.05.2014 - 15:58
raveneffect

The only one I really dislike is The Final Frontier but thats is an opinion that im not sure its gonna stick. I used to think exactly the same when A Matter of Life came out and now it grew to become one of my favourites from them. Even Dance of Death with all its folk-ish songs, it still has some really good songs (The Rainmaker, Gates of Tomorrow, Journeyman) .