Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden

Original post

Posted by GT, 25.03.2008 - 21:26
Since the old topic exceded its post limit here's the new topic about the band many of us like.

Last discussion in the old topic was about these shoes.

Post your thoughts and comments

EDIT: link to the old topic here
19.06.2008 - 03:55
I was at that concert on June 15th too, it was a great show.
21.06.2008 - 02:56
Urizen367
aren't maiden supposed to be releasing (another) live album at some point? from 07's download as i recall. any news on it? or was it just abandoned?
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
21.06.2008 - 12:29
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Sickles: I haven't heard anything about that and haven't been able to find anything either so I guess it was abandoned
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.06.2008 - 20:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Urizen367 on 21.06.2008 at 02:56

aren't maiden supposed to be releasing (another) live album at some point? from 07's download as i recall. any news on it? or was it just abandoned?

where did you her it?
IM love if you get Real loive/death one and that 80ties live and death on the road its enbought
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.06.2008 - 16:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i just put on '2 minutes to midnight' and i remembered now how awesome their lyrics are, i know that damn song note for note, word for word, and it's as kickass as ever! definetely steve harris's best lyrics in all his songs on this one, they flow so well it's unbelievable.

EDIT oh yeah i forgot to add i'm going to see them live on august 4th. kickassest show ever, though i'm dying for the Priest show even more! summer of metal
23.06.2008 - 16:19
mortjoyeux
Written by Urizen367 on 21.06.2008 at 02:56

In Vancouver Bruce announced that he and the band were going to do another album, which means another tour.
23.06.2008 - 22:21
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
I went to a Maiden show on the 17th, in New Jersey... it was by far the best Maiden show I've been to. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner was so damn EPIC.

Steve's daughter's "band" opened for them, and I'd have to say that they were pretty terrible.

After the show, me and my friends passed Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater's drummer) on our way to the parking lot.
24.06.2008 - 00:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 23.06.2008 at 22:21

I went to a Maiden show on the 17th, in New Jersey... it was by far the best Maiden show I've been to. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner was so damn EPIC.

Steve's daughter's "band" opened for them, and I'd have to say that they were pretty terrible.

After the show, me and my friends passed Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater's drummer) on our way to the parking lot.

how can you be so lucky? Just to see portnoy like that. I wish I could go to the us lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.06.2008 - 08:43
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by BloodTears on 24.06.2008 at 00:41

how can you be so lucky? Just to see portnoy like that. I wish I could go to the us lol

Mike's from New Jersey and I think he lives in Philadelphia, PA, which is 5 minutes from the town it was in.... so the odds were fairly good. I didn't really try to have a conversation with him though. He was with what looked like his wife. I didn't wanna bother him too much.
30.06.2008 - 14:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast

where can i get a setlist? i wanna have an idea of what they'll be playing(apart from Somewhere in Time stuff)
04.07.2008 - 05:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
My friend told me today that he hasn't heard of Iron Maiden! My coworker was playing this trivia game (we don't do shit at work besides getting drunk and high) and one of the possibly answers for some golf thing was "Iron Maiden", and chose that. I told him that was a band, and he said, "what? oh...". hahaha that's fucking hard for me to comprehend.
04.07.2008 - 15:09
NuclearRedneck
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 30.06.2008 at 14:16

where can i get a setlist? i wanna have an idea of what they'll be playing(apart from Somewhere in Time stuff)

When I saw them in Ohio on June 12, they played the exact same setlist that's on wikipedia right now.

Here's a url for that, I don't wanna spoil it for those that would like a suprise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somewhere_Back_In_Time_World_Tour

Enjoy, it's an awesome show, tied for best ever with Heaven And Hell.
04.07.2008 - 15:45
Warman
Erotic Stains

DAMN! I would've fainted! I have met several artists (well, at least compared to my age), I've even been in the same room as Iron Maiden when they received some sort of prize here in Sweden (don't remember which one, was 5-6 years ago)... but to pass by Portnoy... ... ... ... that's... I have no words...
----
05.07.2008 - 09:31
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Warman on 04.07.2008 at 15:45

DAMN! I would've fainted! I have met several artists (well, at least compared to my age), I've even been in the same room as Iron Maiden when they received some sort of prize here in Sweden (don't remember which one, was 5-6 years ago)... but to pass by Portnoy... ... ... ... that's... I have no words...

The odds were definitely higher, given the fact that the show was near the city he lives in... but still... it was REALLY RANDOM.
16.07.2008 - 01:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
So, maybe 20 hours left to Iron Maiden for the fourth time? Sure I look forward to it, still pissed about the shitty setlist though. They could have picked so many awesome songs from Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, instead I get to hear half of the songs for the second, third or even fourth time. And still mad about Fear of the Dark being included, yes an awesome song but it has nothing to do with the albums being performed. Why that song and not another title song on the same level of "epicness": Caught Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. A disgrace! I'm sure that Rime of the Ancient Mariner will be the highlight.

Currently praying for a different setlist.
----
16.07.2008 - 03:13
totaliteraliter
Written by Warman on 16.07.2008 at 01:43
Why that song and not another title song on the same level of "epicness": Caught Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Because it's pretty much their ultimate crowd participation song and everyone goes crazy for it and sings along... haven't you seen Rock In Rio?
16.07.2008 - 07:45
slayer_pwns
Account deleted
damn i saw them on may 31 in irvine and it was FUCKING INSANE.
like best show ive EVER seen.
bruce still jumps around all over the stage and sings so epic.
they opened with aces high and the entire sold out crowd didnt sit down from then on
16.07.2008 - 20:17
Fat & Sassy!
Elite

I'm sure that Rime of the Ancient Mariner will be the highlight.

Oh yeah, it is. EPIC.
16.07.2008 - 23:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

So, maybe 20 hours left to Iron Maiden for the fourth time? Sure I look forward to it, still pissed about the shitty setlist though. They could have picked so many awesome songs from Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, instead I get to hear half of the songs for the second, third or even fourth time. And still mad about Fear of the Dark being included, yes an awesome song but it has nothing to do with the albums being performed. Why that song and not another title song on the same level of "epicness": Caught Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. A disgrace! I'm sure that Rime of the Ancient Mariner will be the highlight.

Currently praying for a different setlist.

Bah! Fear Of The Dark was the highlight for me, looking behind me (I was at the barrier) seeing a field of lights behind me when everyone was singing along....I got shivers up my spine when I saw/heard it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.07.2008 - 18:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by totaliteraliter on 16.07.2008 at 03:13

Why that song and not another title song on the same level of "epicness": Caught Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Because it's pretty much their ultimate crowd participation song and everyone goes crazy for it and sings along... haven't you seen Rock In Rio?

Then again, that's a song from the 90's. This is a tour about their first seven albums.
----
17.07.2008 - 18:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
Okay, so how was it then? The songs I hadn't experienced live was great. The sound wasn't that good because of the heavy wind. That's why I dislike outdoor concerts. I know seeing them four times isn't that much considering how long they've been in the scene, but it's starting to get a little to much of the same. I guess I just need a more original setlist. And don't think I'm negative just because I wanna be different or something like that, Iron Maiden has been a large part of my life the last seven years. I own 29 of their releases, I know all the lyrics, every riff and all the solos. I think I'm allowed to be a little negative.
The highlights were "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", "Moonchild" and "The Clairvoyant". What did I do during the boring songs they always play? Well, me and my friend just stood and watched the dude next to us, smoking pot... he was hillarious, long time since I laughed so much.
----
17.07.2008 - 20:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Warman on 17.07.2008 at 18:20

Okay, so how was it then? The songs I hadn't experienced live was great. The sound wasn't that good because of the heavy wind. That's why I dislike outdoor concerts. I know seeing them four times isn't that much considering how long they've been in the scene, but it's starting to get a little to much of the same. I guess I just need a more original setlist. And don't think I'm negative just because I wanna be different or something like that, Iron Maiden has been a large part of my life the last seven years. I own 29 of their releases, I know all the lyrics, every riff and all the solos. I think I'm allowed to be a little negative.
The highlights were "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", "Moonchild" and "The Clairvoyant". What did I do during the boring songs they always play? Well, me and my friend just stood and watched the dude next to us, smoking pot... he was hillarious, long time since I laughed so much.

lol, you've only seen them 4 times? i've seen them like... zero times so i would have went to their show regardless of what they were playing. too bad i have a poor location, like 20-30 m from the stage, not right in front to the side where i like to hang out. and i don't really know why they insist on playing Moonchild..

they have other good songs like 22 Acacia Avenue, Sun and Steel, Only the Good Die Young, Be Quick or Be Dead(reminds me of Rainbow's Kill the King and both are kickass) but i'd REALLY like to hear live: Phantom of the Opera, Purgatory, Prowler or The Clansman.. damn i want to hear every song of theirs lol. i too am a die-hard fan, i know most of the lyrics, the riffs and solo's note for note, not only for Maiden but also for Priest and Iced Earth... and Iced Earth aren't showing any signs of wanting to come over here any time soon
17.07.2008 - 21:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Valentin B on 17.07.2008 at 20:03

lol, you've only seen them 4 times? i've seen them like... zero times so i would have went to their show regardless of what they were playing.

It's still Iron Maiden and it's always a good show. Therefore I always go when they come here.
----
17.07.2008 - 22:35
Diluted
Account deleted
I went to their show on june 3rd and they're the most energetic band i've seen in awhile! and they're old! it was crazy, they sounded perfect
17.07.2008 - 23:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.07.2008 at 22:35

I went to their show on june 3rd and they're the most energetic band i've seen in awhile! and they're old! it was crazy, they sounded perfect

Old huh the go to Dio show you will see old, but if you wanna see old people Deep Purple be better
----

apos;'
[image]
17.07.2008 - 23:30
Diluted
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2008 at 23:27

Old huh the go to Dio show you will see old, but if you wanna see old people Deep Purple be better

well yea good point but they are old for how much energy they have : more energy then most bands in their 30's
17.07.2008 - 23:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.07.2008 at 23:30

Written by Bad English on 17.07.2008 at 23:27

well yea good point but they are old for how much energy they have : more energy then most bands in their 30's

It depends what music means to you, life style or just way how you het money
----

apos;'
[image]
18.07.2008 - 00:43
Diluted
Account deleted
yea i guess
19.07.2008 - 02:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Warman on 17.07.2008 at 18:20

Understandable, seeing any band 4 times must get slightly predictable, even if it is the great Iron Maiden....Luckily the one time I saw them they were playing their classics, before they come back and start playing new stuff off of whatever album they have planning....A Matter Of Life And Death totally ruined any future expectations for me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.07.2008 - 01:02
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
I just might be crazy... but I sense another concept album a la Seventh Son of a Seventh Son being released by Maiden before they stop making music...