Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden

Original post

Posted by GT, 25.03.2008 - 21:26
Since the old topic exceded its post limit here's the new topic about the band many of us like.

Last discussion in the old topic was about these shoes.

Post your thoughts and comments

EDIT: link to the old topic here
05.10.2008 - 20:13
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guib on 05.10.2008 at 18:24

Written by Arian Totalis on 05.10.2008 at 17:10

@Guib: I think that quest for Fire kinda sucks as well....I dunno, just sort of a filler track imo.

Ok now explain to me.. why you would judge an Album only for ''ONE'' damn track ? Seriously...

ok Quest for fire sucked.. so what ? Think about.. Revelation, Trooper, Flight of Icarus, Die with your boots on, Still life, Where eagles dare... like wtf

By the way.. for the concept albums fans.. No other Conceptual Maiden albums will ever beat Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.. sorry there.

Um, I never said that I judge the whole album on just one Track. Piece of Mind is One if my favorite Maiden albums. All I was getting at is that Quest for Fire just seems sort of like a filler track. Ya know?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.10.2008 - 21:02
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Arian Totalis on 05.10.2008 at 20:13

Written by Arian Totalis on 05.10.2008 at 17:10

@Guib: I think that quest for Fire kinda sucks as well....I dunno, just sort of a filler track imo.

Ok now explain to me.. why you would judge an Album only for ''ONE'' damn track ? Seriously...

ok Quest for fire sucked.. so what ? Think about.. Revelation, Trooper, Flight of Icarus, Die with your boots on, Still life, Where eagles dare... like wtf

By the way.. for the concept albums fans.. No other Conceptual Maiden albums will ever beat Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.. sorry there.

Um, I never said that I judge the whole album on just one Track. Piece of Mind is One if my favorite Maiden albums. All I was getting at is that Quest for Fire just seems sort of like a filler track. Ya know?

Yeah well.. Quest for fire .. might be, but whatever .. Piece of Mind ownz AMOLAD
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.10.2008 - 22:36
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guib on 05.10.2008 at 21:02

but whatever .. Piece of Mind ownz AMOLAD

Does anyone think it doesn't?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.10.2008 - 23:30
Fat & Sassy!
Elite

Die With Your Boots On? Ahahahahaaaa! The few times I've actually listened to that song, I giggle.

I don't really think that Piece of Mind is really as solid as you say it is. Quest for Fire is TERRIBLE. Sun & Steel, Die With Your Boots On, and Still Life are ok, I guess. Where Eagles Dare, Flight of Icarus, and Revelations are great. The Trooper and To Tame A Land are MASTERPIECES. It's a very up and down album for me.
05.10.2008 - 23:57
mortjoyeux
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 05.10.2008 at 23:30

Die With Your Boots On? Ahahahahaaaa! The few times I've actually listened to that song, I giggle.

I don't really think that Piece of Mind is really as solid as you say it is. Quest for Fire is TERRIBLE. Sun & Steel, Die With Your Boots On, and Still Life are ok, I guess. Where Eagles Dare, Flight of Icarus, and Revelations are great. The Trooper and To Tame A Land are MASTERPIECES. It's a very up and down album for me.

My thoughts exactly. I guess it depends what sort of mood I'm in..but piece of mind is definitely not "solid" imo.
06.10.2008 - 07:33
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by mortjoyeux on 05.10.2008 at 23:57

I guess it depends what sort of mood I'm in..but piece of mind is definitely not "solid" imo.

I have to be in a ridiculously silly mood to sit through Quest for Fire. I usually hear it when me or one of my friends feels like having a good laugh while driving around. There is NOTHING like cruisin' around on a sunny afternoon banging our heads and rocking out to that song with the windows down. Especially when we're waiting at an intersection singing "DRAWN BY QUEST FOR FIRE!", and everyone around us minds just melt to our insane antics . Oh, and there is NOTHING like trying to start a bonfire for 30 minutes and then when you finally light it, you have four guys start singing, "DRAWN BY QUEST FOR FIRE! DISCOVERY OF MMAAANNNNN!"

Good times...
06.10.2008 - 13:02
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 06.10.2008 at 07:33

Written by mortjoyeux on 05.10.2008 at 23:57

I guess it depends what sort of mood I'm in..but piece of mind is definitely not "solid" imo.

I have to be in a ridiculously silly mood to sit through Quest for Fire. I usually hear it when me or one of my friends feels like having a good laugh while driving around. There is NOTHING like cruisin' around on a sunny afternoon banging our heads and rocking out to that song with the windows down. Especially when we're waiting at an intersection singing "DRAWN BY QUEST FOR FIRE!", and everyone around us minds just melt to our insane antics . Oh, and there is NOTHING like trying to start a bonfire for 30 minutes and then when you finally light it, you have four guys start singing, "DRAWN BY QUEST FOR FIRE! DISCOVERY OF MMAAANNNNN!"

Good times...

Yeah you guys got nothing else to say but ''Quest for Fire'' eh, i went through all this shit already with the other guy... ? ... Still piece of mind is way more than just being SOLID.. its a masterpiece. And please, compared to AMOLAD... lol its just clear, i mean AMOLAD is a joke.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.10.2008 - 20:07
totaliteraliter
Written by Guib on 06.10.2008 at 13:02
Yeah you guys got nothing else to say but ''Quest for Fire'' eh, i went through all this shit already with the other guy... ? ... Still piece of mind is way more than just being SOLID.. its a masterpiece. And please, compared to AMOLAD... lol its just clear, i mean AMOLAD is a joke.

The only thing here that is a joke here, good sir, is your discussion ability. WHY is POM better than AMOLAD?
06.10.2008 - 21:06
marillionfan
Account deleted
The comparison is not a good idea in the first place - AMOLAD was a kind of experiment I guess, some listeners enjoyed oit, others did not. This POM /AMOLAD comparison is like comparing Images and Words to Octavarium - I say again it's great that they are different, I admire bands that try new things. Maiden did this quite rarely and got bashed for it most of the time.
07.10.2008 - 05:07
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by totaliteraliter on 06.10.2008 at 20:07

The only thing here that is a joke here, good sir, is your discussion ability. WHY is POM better than AMOLAD?

Ok.. stay polite plz or just don't answer.. I don't have to hear this, if it gets personal with you then sorry.
I find it better cos 1. I don't like Conceptual albums that much.. and 2. Piece of mind is my favorite maiden album.. cos i like the sound.. the lyrics.. the idea in general surrounding the album.. Its just a question of opinion and if you don't like mine well its your choice.. but don't go trying to argue by attacking me personally...
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
07.10.2008 - 05:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher

Personally, I feel that the only Mediocer song on that album is Quest for fire. Die With Your Boots On is, as a matter of fact, one of the songs that got me into that album hardcore. Now I realize it isn't as great as other tracks, but I still love it.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

07.10.2008 - 05:18
totaliteraliter
Written by Guib on 07.10.2008 at 05:07
Ok.. stay polite plz or just don't answer.. I don't have to hear this, if it gets personal with you then sorry.
I find it better cos 1. I don't like Conceptual albums that much.. and 2. Piece of mind is my favorite maiden album.. cos i like the sound.. the lyrics.. the idea in general surrounding the album.. Its just a question of opinion and if you don't like mine well its your choice.. but don't go trying to argue by attacking me personally...

I'm not "attacking" you, note the ";)". Sorry, given the strong statements you were making regarding the albums I thought we were discussing the music, not just picking favourites. Didn't mean to waste your time.
07.10.2008 - 05:22
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Arian Totalis on 07.10.2008 at 05:09

Personally, I feel that the only Mediocer song on that album is Quest for fire. Die With Your Boots On is, as a matter of fact, one of the songs that got me into that album hardcore. Now I realize it isn't as great as other tracks, but I still love it.

Yeah Die With Your Boots On .. always made me smile.. i dont know i just love that song Even if its not the best track on the album.. it still rocks
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
07.10.2008 - 09:28
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Guib on 07.10.2008 at 05:07

Written by totaliteraliter on 06.10.2008 at 20:07

He called you good sir? How is that not polite? I say it to people I respect all the time:

(Someone hands me a Piece of Mind Cd)
"I do say, good sir, can you fetch me a better album like Powerslave. Leave it on my nightstand when you retrieve it... for I will be embarking on my QUEST FOR FIRE!"
09.10.2008 - 01:48
Guib
Thrash Talker
-_- All i have to say is Arg...
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2008 - 03:27
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher

Pretty good pun I suppose

All the same though, one would think it a general concesus that POM be thought of as better than AMOLAD. The songs on the latter album tend to drag out. And one thing's for sure; there's a lot more filler on that album.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.10.2008 - 04:11
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Arian Totalis on 09.10.2008 at 03:27

All the same though, one would think it a general concesus that POM be thought of as better than AMOLAD. The songs on the latter album tend to drag out. And one thing's for sure; there's a lot more filler on that album.

You mean theres alot more filler on AMOLAD ?? right.. or i just misunderstood ?
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2008 - 04:30
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guib on 09.10.2008 at 04:11

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.10.2008 - 04:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Arian Totalis on 09.10.2008 at 04:30

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Alright I agree with you a 100%
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2008 - 12:41
SepulchreUK
Account deleted
As an Englishman I am almost honour bound to have a liking for Iron Maiden, thankfully they make this easy by having one of the strongest catalogues in the history of Metal. Lucky enough to have seen them 7 times now and they never disappoint a truly marvelous band.

Oh and my favourite album is Seventh Son.
09.10.2008 - 14:58
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I agree quest for fire is the downside of the album, but the rest are made in heaven i love piece in mind
09.10.2008 - 15:05
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Powerslavex on 09.10.2008 at 14:58

I agree quest for fire is the downside of the album, but the rest are made in heaven i love piece in mind

Alright you rock man

What do you think about Seventh son .. ? (yes i've seen your Avatar)
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2008 - 15:19
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Guib on 09.10.2008 at 15:05

Written by Powerslavex on 09.10.2008 at 14:58

Alright you rock man

What do you think about Seventh son .. ? (yes i've seen your Avatar)

I think seventh son.... is the best album in the history of music every song is a masterpiece
09.10.2008 - 17:15
vikingdragon
Account deleted
I think that too, and my favorite song is "Can I Play With Madness"
09.10.2008 - 19:29
totaliteraliter

What songs are filler on AMOLAD?
09.10.2008 - 22:00
Fat & Sassy!
Elite

Honestly, I think that AMOLAD flows very nicely. Although it's not one of my favorite Maiden albums, it has got to be one of the most consistently solid albums they have ever released. There isn't anything like New Frontier, Gangland, or Sun & Steel on the album...
10.10.2008 - 04:54
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by totaliteraliter on 09.10.2008 at 19:29

What songs are filler on AMOLAD?

This is just an opinion, keep in mind, but- These Colors don't Run, The Pligrim, The Reincarnation of Benjamen Breeg. Imo almost half of the album is filler. I still like even the filler songs, but they bore me more than others.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

10.10.2008 - 21:56
totaliteraliter
I don't know how you'd call those filler, unless by filler you just mean boring. The band has played every song on the album live, which is a good indication that none of the songs are filler in the sense of just going through the motions, generic, no notable artistic purpose...
11.10.2008 - 08:00
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by totaliteraliter on 10.10.2008 at 21:56

I don't know how you'd call those filler, unless by filler you just mean boring. The band has played every song on the album live, which is a good indication that none of the songs are filler in the sense of just going through the motions, generic, no notable artistic purpose...

Eh, maybe, but the album drags on a little. Don't get me wrong, it's good, it's just that it doesn't live up to the classics.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

13.10.2008 - 21:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Arian Totalis on 11.10.2008 at 08:00

Written by totaliteraliter on 10.10.2008 at 21:56

Eh, maybe, but the album drags on a little. Don't get me wrong, it's good, it's just that it doesn't live up to the classics.

yeah, there are no stand-outs like on Powerslave or Seventh Son for example, where every song sounds awesome and you don't need to 'get' into the album(listen to all of it) to enjoy them. that apart from the first track(Different World) which is pretty kickass.

edit: that of course, and The Reincarnation