Metal Storm logo
Your Favorite Pink Floyd Era

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 26.03.2008 - 11:41
As you know the Pink Floyd in Syd Barrett (rip) era was a psychedelic rock band. but after Barrett leaving the band, they try Progressive Rock project. which most of famous albums of Pink Floyd like "Dark Side of the Moon", "The Wall", "Wish You were Here" and "the Final Cut" was in this time...
coz Pink Floyd has many fans, i want to know which frontman is more respected. (specially in ms )

i chose Syd Barrett era. i like Pink Floyd in the way that Barrett did. i respect the Piper at the Gates of Dawn as the best rock album for myself.

Poll

Which Pink Floyd Era is your favorite?

Roger Waters (1968-1985)
Syd Barrett (1965-1968)
David Gilmour (1990-...)

Total votes: 56
24.05.2009 - 20:53
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 22.05.2009 at 19:19

There is a bad problem with this poll, roger waters wasnt at Momemntary Lapse Of Reason album which was released at 1987.

It's barely mentioned in the poll that Roger Waters since 1968 to 1985.. So that's nothing to do with two years later (1987).
25.05.2009 - 13:27
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I just mentioned that its wrong
30.05.2009 - 18:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 25.05.2009 at 13:27

There isn't any mention of Waters playing on Momentary... so what's your point?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.05.2009 - 09:35
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.05.2009 at 18:50

Written by Guest on 25.05.2009 at 13:27

There isn't any mention of Waters playing on Momentary... so what's your point?

David Gilmour (1990-...) this era is wrong; David Gilmour (1987-...) ; this is what I trying to say.
12.07.2009 - 05:47
IronBlackZepp

The band made theuir best music from 1971 through 1969. After the Wall they started to loose their touch. Befor 1971 they were weird but they had some good songs. They had some good songs after the wall too but none were like Their 70's stuff. Their best albums were Meddle, The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you were here, Animals, and The Wall.
01.01.2010 - 17:40
I_Die_Often

I can't vote!
I like from Meddle on and even into Davids solo work.
Not a big fan of The Final Cut, but I do Have Not Now John in my iPod with all my metal!!!
I should put One Of These Days on there too!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
26.01.2011 - 14:23
akvan

What the hell ... , David Gilmour is my god ... why nobody likes him
----
Think about it . Every generation gets some new frontier to tackle . Einstein got relativity , The Nasa cowboys got the moon . All the easy stuff is taken , Artificial consciousness is the next frontier !
28.01.2011 - 11:27
ForeverDarkWoods

Need to say Roger Waters.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
04.02.2011 - 15:28
Night Sight

Roger waters
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
04.02.2011 - 15:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Dunno them completely, but The Wall is so awesome, that i am voting blindly for Waters' era
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.02.2011 - 19:19
IronAngel

I always saw Animals and The Wall as a different era than The Dark Side and Wish You Were Here, musically. I'm not a huge Pink Floyd fan or a prog expert so I can't put my finger on it, but I hear a clear change between 75 and 77.

But anyway, eras aside, Piper is my favorite album so I went with the first option. I haven't actually heard Saucerful, though.
09.02.2011 - 21:02
blatantandy

Never really understood the resentment against Gilmour.
He was, after all, a major factor in writing and creating the albums in what is being termed the "Roger Waters era", and he is, without doubt, a brilliant guitarist.
For me, the "Gilmour era" started in 1970 with Atom Heart Mother.
13.02.2011 - 13:29
TheBigRossowski

I could very easily just write "Roger Waters" without explaining why... because that's just like... ugh, my opinion, man.

But the fact is, most of the best material was put out in his days. However, this is kind of fucked up in a sense too. I'm sure Gilmour played an important role with song writing as well. This is kind of like asking which Beatles Era, do you like more, the Lennon or McCartney?

Kudos to both lads!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
17.02.2011 - 07:39
Thunderhead

It's almost for sure i would say "Roger Waters Era"...
Even if the Roger Waters, real era, is from 1975 to 1985. From 1968 to 1974, they all have great contribution to the band.
And that's the best era... Meddle and Atom heart mother are the best records.
After that we got great albuns, like DSOTM, Animals, Wish you where here, The Final Cut, The Wall...

I only like a few songs with Syd, and a few songs from a momentary lapse of reason or the division bell, from the Gilmour Era.
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
30.03.2011 - 08:53
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Roger Waters... He's Roger Waters... The longest era, produced their best albums (Dark Side up to and including The Wall)... WYWH is probably my favorite non metal album ever. I really can't describe Pink Floyd, seeing as they are to much for us mere mortals to fully comprehend, and the Water's era is just my favorite.
25.05.2011 - 21:04
Ghostdancer

Roger Waters era (as it is stated in this poll) although David Gilmour was present too. I've always loved Gilmour's playing. My favorite is probably Wish You Were Here.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"