05. Faith In You
06. Chicken Race
07. Why Not?
08. Spanish Night
09. One Legged Chicken
10. Les Lumières De La Rampe
11. Smooth Blues
12. On My Way Home

In Sweden, they have IA, in France we have Christophe Godin and in the USA, they have Mr Bumblefoot. If you still don't know these guys, you must know that they're the guitar heroes of the 21st century. They're great guys but of course great original musicians too and they have fans (more and more?). Pascal Vigné, the leader of Triple FX trio is one of them and it's great to see that a lot of new young musicians follow the influences of these masters. If you like crazy guitar soli and progressive crazy instrumental rock, you'll have to check "II".

"II" is an instrumental album which means that you'll be in front of a lot of musical demonstrations. Definitely Pascal Vigné is a great guitarist (and btw, Pascal Mulot (ex: Rondat) and Gaël Feret (Misanthrope) are really good too) and this album is the leaving proof that we can have real guitar masters in France too. "II" is groovy as hell with some crazy and funny riffs and soli, this is really similar to the music of Mattias "IA" Eklundh and that's obvious that the Swedish maestro have influenced the band (just have a look on the soli and you'll understand what I mean?). This is not really original on a side because some people like Christophe Godin and IA already did some kind of similar instrumental albums in the past but "II" is well done and in the end it's a really pleasant release.

The great thing of "II" is that in addition of the great technicality of the album, the songs are funny. This is the mark of this release just have a look on the cover of the album and you'll see that it's not so serious. You know what? I like that because it's great sometime to listen to some music which is not too strict and sad on a side. "II" is a good way to pass a great moment, Triple FX (if you like guitar soli of course?) is a really nice newcomer.

"II" is not a perfect album, it's not really surprising in reason of its flagrant influences but it's well done and mega promising for the future of the French combo. If you want to listen to cool instrumental music, if you like to listen to great guitar soli have a look Triple FX's last effort. Perfect for the aficionados of the new wave of guitar heroes.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 28.03.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 22 users
29.03.2008 - 01:33
wrathchild

Gosh, he's got Pascal Mulot on the bass guitar! I must listen to it.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz

Hits total: 2856 | This month: 2