Metal Storm logo
Therion

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 04:56
....So, taking into account that I am feeling somewhat un-original right now, I shall start this thread with a description, stolen from Wikipedia.

"Therion is a Swedish symphonic metal band. Its name originates from Greek, where therion means simply beast; the name refers to the beast of the Christian Book of Revelation, however the band's name itself originates from the Celtic Frost album To Mega Therion. Therion was founded by Christofer Johnsson in 1987. Beginning as a death metal band, they later turned to combining orchestral elements with their metal music employing heavy use of choirs and classical musicians.

Therion's music takes its themes from different mythologies and is based on concepts ranging from occultism, magic and ancient traditions and writings. The majority of their lyrics are written by Thomas Karlsson, head and founder of the magical order Dragon Rouge of which Johnsson is a member. The band has seen many changes in line-up and style throughout its history"

This band to me, are absolutley sublime. The elements they combine are not only multifarious, but beautiful in the way they are placed and presented. Lemuria / Sirius B was an instant classic for me, so much more so than the bands previous endevours.

What do you all think of this terrific ensemble?
10.10.2010 - 19:05
ArtKiz

Can't wait for Sitra Ahra.
11.10.2010 - 17:56
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ellrohir on 19.09.2010 at 21:43

Ok, this song and now i love them

same for me with this one:
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
17.02.2020 - 13:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Christofer JohnssonLike Page
8 February at 14:01 ·
We are looking for a "live-Nalle".

As you may know, Nalle decided to withdraw from doing overseas and longer tours last year. Which means Therion will be having a live bassists, as we are keen on keeping Nalle remaining the band as a studio musician.
We had a perfect guy for this engaged last year, but recently it turned out he won't be able make it after all, so we have now started to look around for someone else. There are a lot of great bass players around, but we need someone who can sing as well, as Nalle did a valuable contribution with his voice that we got pleasantly used to.

Normally we only recruit people quietly via recommendation, but in this case we thought we'd widen our search base and will be open for auditions also from unknown people.
So if you are interested in an audition, please read the criteria in below carefully:
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.12.2022 - 09:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Tour updates:

Some updates for the Latin American tour!
The flights from Tegucigalpa was cancelled and it's a destination with very limited options in terms of flights, so there was no chance of making it to the first gig in Mexico in time with just one travel day. That's why we moved Morelia to the 7:th instead and added a second travel day. However, it turned out we have to travel over San Salvador and pretty much spend a day there before moving on to Mexico with a direct flight next day. So then someone came up with the brilliant idea we might as well try to book a show there. The promoter was able to do it for that date, so in the end all the tearing of hair and stress trying to get out of Honduras ended on a postive note. 😅
So we have added San Salvador for the 24:th.
We also have managed to wrap up the tour in the Mexican part and have now besides Tijuana on the 14:th also added the final shows:

Feb 16 Ciudad Juárez @ Auditorio Benito Juárez
Feb 17 Chihuahua @ Salón Pistoleros
Feb 18 Torreón @ La Bodega

This wraps up the Latin American tour, there will be no more dates added in Mexico or anywhere else. Sorry if we couldn't come to your city or country this time, but we do 24 shows which is already 2-3 times more shows that what most metal bands do there. We'll try to nail even more places next time.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=716662339818485&set=a.217157973102260
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing