Metal Storm logo
3 Inches Of Blood - Online EP Released, New Video

3 Inches Of Blood's classic track "Trial Of Champions", known for raising many mosh-pits and tearing down many rooftops, is now part of its own digital EP that has been released online by Roadrunner Records. This exclusive digital EP called "Trial Of Champions" also includes an unheard b-side.

Track List:

01. Trial Of Champions
02. In The Time Of Job When Mammon Was A Yippie
03. Key To Oblivion

In related news, 3 Inches Of Blood have made a video for the song, which can be watched at this location.

"The song is pretty much a classic underdog scenario where a downtrodden hero rises to overcome adversity," says 3IOB singer Cam Pipes. "The video shows what the hero must overcome to win his freedom."

Like the band's music, the "Trial of Champions" video is blunt, in-your face stuff with no hidden subtext; what you see is what you get. "There's no complicated or deep meaning to the song or video, just a gritty story of gladiators fighting to the death to escape captivity," Pipes says. "There are quick cuts of weapons clashing, bodies falling, and a Roman governor overseeing the bloodshed with malicious glee."
With the song's theme in mind, 3IOB reached into the sturdy metal vaults of time to capture the right mood. "The music itself is a straight rocker, very much influenced by the likes of Deep Purple and Uriah Heep," Pipes says. "We could hear what we were being influenced by as we were writing it, so we added the organ in the recording to further enhance the feel we were getting from the song already."

More info about the video here.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: 3 Inches Of Blood
Posted: 29.03.2008 by Nox Lux

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 34 users
29.03.2008 - 18:00
Murder
Great!!!!

Trial of Champions is an excellent song! I love it!!!
30.03.2008 - 06:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
That was dreadful. I couldn't even sit through half of that. Then again, I'm not surprised.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 3072 | This month: 8