Metal Storm logo
Anti-emo: when intolerance becomes violence

Original post

Posted by selken, 31.03.2008 - 04:59
Hello
Read: here
I you are too lazy/tired/whatever to read it, I'll short it for you:

It's about an anti-emo movement, formed in Mexico, these movement reunited last week over 1000 people who hate emo-kids and started a witch hunting mob, in which 4 people were injured, the thing gets worse for the strange-haired dudes cause there are forming more hate groups in other points of the country and southamerica.

First I have to be sincere, I really hate emo music, and also hate the emo kids lifestyle, but that does not give the right to hurt people, my point is when we metalheads incite to the violence against other groups with different ideas we are violating our roots, do you remember the phrase "Live and let die"?

what do you think
30.09.2010 - 08:31
SerratedSyringe

This is so retarded. First off, I don't know how people made the leap from Emo (short for emotive, not emotional) to the all black-wearing, androgynous creatures that seem to be labeled as such these days. My personal opinion about this 'witch hunt' is that it's all just a conquest for self worth. What better way to gain self worth than to hunt down someone who views them self as worthless and as such won't fight back? Of course they would never go after metal heads, because we would fight back--and win.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
08.10.2010 - 08:29
Guib
Thrash Talker
I think that this Emo-Hunt is simply scandalous. I'm not an emo fan myself... But like Selken said, its not our right to hurt them nor criticise their music taste or lifestyle. What does it really do to us anyways ? I say listen to your stuff, do your stuff and if you don't like what the other's backyard looks like... just don't look at it !! Sincerely I don't much like my French Teacher's hair-style (Really its horrific) doesn't mean Ima go punch her face -_-
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
08.10.2010 - 21:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 16.07.2008 at 12:32

everyone hates people who are different. they don't like things they can't understand. some people just take it to extremes.

Exactly. These attacks/murders from "anti-emos" are really no different to bigots who use violence against people of different races, sexuality, religion, etc. I also think in some cases, it's borne out of the attacker's own insecurities. In any case, attacking anyone who isnt doing any harm, just because you dont like their "lifestyle" is moronic and mindless in the extreme. Intolerance usually goes hand in hand with lack of intelligence.
09.10.2010 - 02:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I wouldn't say that everyone hates people who are different and that they can't understand...the whole world isn't ignorant...
09.10.2010 - 06:22
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 09.10.2010 at 02:00

I wouldn't say that everyone hates people who are different and that they can't understand...the whole world isn't ignorant...

No but a majority of them are ain't that sad ?
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2010 - 06:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guib on 09.10.2010 at 06:22

Agreed. The vast majority of people are like that. Even if most wouldnt actually kill someone for that, the prejudice is still there.
09.10.2010 - 06:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.10.2010 at 06:29

Written by Guib on 09.10.2010 at 06:22

Agreed. The vast majority of people are ignorant to some degree. lol And yes it is sad.

I don't know ya but I love the way you think love ya
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2010 - 06:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guib on 09.10.2010 at 06:30

Thank you.
09.10.2010 - 06:33
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.10.2010 at 06:31

Written by Guib on 09.10.2010 at 06:30

Thank you.

NP, btw you got a pretty nice cat lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2010 - 06:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guib on 09.10.2010 at 06:33

If you mean the cat in my profile pics, he died 4 and a half months ago. And yep, he was a very pretty cat. <3
09.10.2010 - 06:38
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.10.2010 at 06:37

Written by Guib on 09.10.2010 at 06:33

If you mean the cat in my profile pics, he died 4 and a half months ago. And yep, he was a very pretty cat. <3

Aww Im sorry for you loss... He looks awesome !
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 19:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guib on 09.10.2010 at 06:38
Aww Im sorry for you loss... He looks awesome !

Thanx.

He was awesome! I got his name from one of my fave movies, Gremlins. xD Ive got another cat now who is beautiful. Gizmo will always have an extra special place in my heart though, cos he was my first kitty, and he was there for me through some very rough times. <3
28.03.2013 - 18:30
Jpageforever

Agreed. This just about sums everything up for me. It comforts me when I look at threads like this and see that I'm definitely not the only person with some sense in this world
28.03.2013 - 21:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Emo is dead, its been 2-3 years since I heard this society subculture
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.03.2013 - 23:05
Edmund Fogg

Yeah but one needs to rank up it's post counts
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
28.03.2013 - 23:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Edmund Fogg on 28.03.2013 at 23:05

Yeah but one needs to rank up it's post counts

i did not dug up this tread
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.03.2013 - 00:22
Edmund Fogg

No The Jimmy Page fan did. I was reffering to her.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
08.04.2013 - 04:13
Thrashette

What does everyone think of this? http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/sophie-lancaster-campaign-gets-police-support/ I suppose it's not only for emos but relates to the original topic of violence due to intolerance just because someone has a darker sense of fashion and taste in music.
I'm glad to see that it means society is becoming more tolerant of those who identify with alternative subcultures but comparing attacks against them to "hate crime" seems a bit too ultraliberal for my liking...
08.04.2013 - 06:59
Jtbmetal123

I dont like emo music or whatever but I wouldnt kill or hurt them because of that. Its so stupid.
11.04.2013 - 02:59
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Thrashette on 08.04.2013 at 04:13

What does everyone think of this? http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/sophie-lancaster-campaign-gets-police-support/

Hate crime are basically motivated by intolerance toward someone's identity, origin or social group.*

I'd say that fits.

*Yes, I narrowed it down to 3 from social groups including (but not limited to): gender, race, national or ethnic origin, language, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, mental or physical disability. I'm sure there are more.