Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse: Corpsegrinder vs. Barnes

Poll

Which singer for Cannibal Corpse do you like the most?

George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher
Chris Barnes

Total votes: 160
31.03.2008 - 09:55
Anarchist
Personally I think Corpsegrinder is better. Barnes just doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm, still good though. I've heard a lot of people who think differently and I'd like to know why.
31.03.2008 - 21:18
This is a tough vote because of CC's styles changing between the Barnes and Corpsegrinder eras. I can't picture Corpsegrinder on Eaten Back to Life or Barnes on Bloodthirst, and both vocalists seem to mesh better with their respective eras. I thought Chris Barnes did an excellent job on the Bleeding and showed a wide range of vocals. But I have to pick Corpsegrinder (though just slightly). His ability to fire out vocals at lightning speed but still maintain a deep growl is too impressive.
31.03.2008 - 23:01
Abattoir
staff
I like Fisher's vocal more...perferct growls for brutal death ou yea...
01.04.2008 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
dunno because i have no oppinoum because in DM fromtmant sint strong person, band are exept Chuck
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2008 - 01:57
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Damn, that's a hard, hard decision. I just can't vote atm, I will return when I can make up my mind.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
01.04.2008 - 03:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This is easy - Chris Barnes. Corpsegrinder is good, but not nearly as guttural as Chris, who sounds like a fucking monster. His voice is more distinct as well.
01.04.2008 - 04:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Im gonna have to go with Corpsegrinder, Barnes just sound kind of sloppy to me. Corpsegrinder just an all around more powerful sound I think.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.04.2008 - 05:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 01.04.2008 at 03:52

This is easy - Chris Barnes. Corpsegrinder is good, but not nearly as guttural as Chris, who sounds like a fucking monster. His voice is more distinct as well.

Yeah, well I know that Barnes is more gutteral, and so his death growel in some ways is more raw, but I think that Corpsegrinder is more varied, and more enthusiastic, but by that same Rational, Barnes has made some classic shit with them....then again, so has George Fisher. See what I mean? I am in delima.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
02.04.2008 - 17:27
diSEMBOWELMENT
Account deleted
i would vote for barnes because i like his vocals more than corpsegrinder's, but barnes sings in the worst death metal band (SFU) on the face of this earth, so screw him, i vote for corpsegrinder

edit: i accidentally voted for barnes lol.
02.04.2008 - 19:20
Disembowelment, were you playing Unreal Tournament online last night?
02.04.2008 - 22:13
Hamird
Lieutenant
oh. nice poll. Cannibal Corpse in Barnes era was more brutal than what is now... and as you can see most of the songs in those days (Barnes) is popular in Cannibal Corpse fans. Hammer Smashed Face is a good example.
also, i believe that Chris Barnes has a Better voice than Fisher... I respect Chris Barnes as one of the best vocals in Death metal.
so because Barnes has a better voice and has a more brutal mind i vote for him as a better vocal for Cannibal Corpse...
03.04.2008 - 00:13
ß
Problem?
I prefer Corpsegrinder over Barnes. I just prefer fisher's vocals better but mostly its just pesonal preference.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
04.04.2008 - 17:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite

Thats absolutely the case. Its also what I wanted to say.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.04.2008 - 22:33
This is somewhat off topic, but has CC released any news regarding an upcoming album?
03.05.2008 - 19:59
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 04.04.2008 at 17:30

Thats absolutely the case. Its also what I wanted to say.

im agree with this. nice explain.
03.05.2008 - 23:43
RhysTerk
Corpsegrinder, don't like Barnes vocals at all
04.05.2008 - 09:15
selken
Irreligious
an easy choice for me, I prefer Corpsegrinder
----
04.05.2008 - 11:04
Hamird
Lieutenant
dudes would you mind saying your reason to choose George Fisher??? please mention why?
05.05.2008 - 12:53
Baz Anderson
staff
Corpsegrinder gets my vote - I do actually prefer the first four Cannibal Corpse albums over the newer ones, but as a frontman Corpsegrinder is just better.. his vocals are more pronounced and in-your-face.. but not just on CD.. he is a monster live and does a really good job at keeping his head spinning.. hahaha - wow
05.05.2008 - 16:33
Hamird
Lieutenant
but imo the only thing that Fisher does better is the spinning heads.... but as a vocalist he would never reach Barnes, his voice is better than Fisher at both studio an live. when Fisher sings i can really understand anything but screams (a good example is live in france dvd) but barnes voice is more harsh while its understandable.
and also Fisher never have been the brain of band and most of songs are written and composed by Alex Webster, while Barnes is a great brutal death metal lyricist.
08.05.2008 - 22:45
Gabbetheevil
Account deleted
Barnes Is better In Six Feet Under. Corpsegrinder Are better In Cannibal corpse. Why? Corpse Grinder's Voice Are Much Cooler than Barnes I preform Corpsegrinder
10.05.2008 - 01:17
Not to switch sides or anything, but I am surprised that the results are so unequal towards Corpsegrinder. I definitely had a tough time choosing though.
21.05.2008 - 14:23
orc
Corpsegrinder, since "Kill" is their greatest release all time.
----
http://www.nihilistikrypt.net
http://www.myspace.com/nihilistikrypt
21.05.2008 - 22:12
immaculate
Account deleted
Corpsegrinder hands down kill is the death metal album to end all death metal albums and if you think otherwise your obviously musically retarted.
22.05.2008 - 11:36
orc
haha, it's really mature and intelligent to point out that everyone who disagrees with you is retarded
----
http://www.nihilistikrypt.net
http://www.myspace.com/nihilistikrypt
23.05.2008 - 01:05
Ka Tet
It's a tough call. They are both good at what they do.

I prefer Barnes era Corpse, so I chose him. I like how guttural he sounds. Corpsegrinder does it well too, but I think it just comes down to who I was used to listening to first.
23.05.2008 - 13:55
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.05.2008 at 22:12

Corpsegrinder hands down kill is the death metal album to end all death metal albums and if you think otherwise your obviously musically retarted.

I find it amusing when people who can't even spell "you are obviously musically retarded" call other people "retarted"
23.05.2008 - 21:47
immaculate
Account deleted
yeah despite the name im not perfect so pardon me if i accidently type in a "t" instead of a "d" im 14 so cut me some slack asshole.
23.05.2008 - 21:49
immaculate
Account deleted
Written by orc on 22.05.2008 at 11:36

haha, it's really mature and intelligent to point out that everyone who disagrees with you is retarded

i was kidding you prick i can appreciate anyones musicall opinion even if they like barnes who i think is a terrible singer.
04.06.2008 - 12:27
Anarchist
Honestly the only two songs with Barnes that I like are hammer smashed face and split wide open.