Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse: Corpsegrinder vs. Barnes

Original post

Posted by Anarchist, 31.03.2008 - 09:55
Personally I think Corpsegrinder is better. Barnes just doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm, still good though. I've heard a lot of people who think differently and I'd like to know why.

Poll

Which singer for Cannibal Corpse do you like the most?

George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher
Chris Barnes

Total votes: 160
04.06.2008 - 16:30
TheBigRossowski
All of my favorite CC albums have Barnes, but I prefer Corpsegrinders vocals! It just sounds better to me, but Barnes is still great though!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.06.2008 - 18:11
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Barnes.

Cannibal Corpse was funny as hell with Barnes, and this was largely due to his personality, lyrics and attitude. With Corpsegrinder the band is trying to be serious, failing miserably, and just being boring overall.
There is a reason why CC became so big in the early DM scene, and their musical talent wasnt it. It was all thanks to Barnes' humor, the novelty of their gory lyrics and various statements made in the media.
07.06.2008 - 22:37
Torture Killer
Account deleted
I chose barnes i like the early cannibal stuff, although vile is one of my top favorite cannibal corpse albums i still choose barnes

p.s. theres nothing wrong with a lil bit of humor. if you cant laugh, especially at your self, then you need a good swift kick in the ass
27.06.2008 - 09:06
Hamird
Lieutenant
I'm agree with Jupitreas; Cannibal Corpse was so funny in those era, and it's not a bad point, this is good that they could write such gory and erotic lyrics, in the time that most of Death metal bands, wrote philosophical lyrics. Cannibal Corpse in that time was like Anal Cunt, but musically stronger!
22.08.2008 - 09:36
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
barnes had some good vocals but corpsegrinder has the new school/fresh taste sound.
23.08.2008 - 00:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i am by no means a CC fan, but Barnes's vocals are INSANELY low, he sounds like a vomiting prehistoric monster or something...
24.08.2008 - 05:45
Sorg
Account deleted
Barnes - should have stayed in CC instead of starting a failure band (Six feet Under)

CorpseGrinder - Should have stayed in Monstrosity, where he was actually a good vocalist, instead of ruining a good band by failing and selling out.
25.08.2008 - 01:34
Sadogoat92
Account deleted
I picked Corpsegrinder because we've seen that his vocals have been able to stand the test of time whereas Barnes has been sounding worse and worse with every SFU album.
09.11.2008 - 16:20
cradle_of_filth
Account deleted
Corpsegrinder is better than Barnes cuz he have a stronger voice , when he sings i feel like he is monster.
04.03.2009 - 00:04
WITCHCLAN
Barnes pisses over Fisher a thousand times over. His gutteral growl was one of the first to sound that deep and opened up a whole new style of growling for the genre. Fisher does sound unique, yes - and is energetic - agreed, but being an original fan from their first LP I guess I am just biased. Never did like change that much!
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
05.03.2009 - 01:41
ForeverDarkWoods
Corpsegrinder is the better vocalist. Barnes is just plain worthless most of the time and most of the projects he's been in suck major balls. Corpsegrinder has shown that he's a competent vocalist who's miles ahead of Barnes and who manages not to suck. Aside from that, Chris Barnes should be fucking burned alive for that travesty hi likes to call Six Feet Under and which is an enemy of real metal. Therefore I voted for Corpsegrinder as the better vocalist of the two. This is with no relation to the quality of the two eras of CC though.

The band itself was actually better with Barnes, even if he was and is a worse vocalist than Corpsegrinder. It's not Corpsegrinder's fault the band has decreased in quality though. It's not the vocals that are problematic, it's the rest of the music that's gotten generic.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
31.03.2009 - 09:50
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Corpsegrinder writes nothing, therefor he is shit. Barnes kicks ass hands down, as soon as he left CC the band went downhill. still an amazing band but they just arent the same without barnes. oh well SFU is much better than CC imo
01.04.2009 - 14:26
-Morbid-
Gotta go with Fisher on this one.
01.04.2009 - 16:29
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I voted for Barnes not because I think he is much better than Corpse.. but because he is a bigger personality. He has a "greater" attitude. only for that reason.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.04.2009 - 18:30
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 01.04.2009 at 16:29

I voted for Barnes not because I think he is much better than Corpse.. but because he is a bigger personality. He has a "greater" attitude. only for that reason.

and he can actually write music!
01.04.2009 - 18:32
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 01.04.2009 at 18:30

Yeah!!!! hecan write music, draw unbelievable album covers, etc... But he is The One!!! surely a bit egopathic but who cares??? he is not our friend!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.04.2009 - 18:39
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 01.04.2009 at 18:32

Yeah!!!! hecan write music, draw unbelievable album covers, etc... But he is The One!!! surely a bit egopathic but who cares??? he is not our friend!!

he would be my friend if I met him I smoke killer weed and thats what hes about haha
01.04.2009 - 18:42
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 01.04.2009 at 18:39

Written by Deadmeat on 01.04.2009 at 18:32

he would be my friend if I met him I smoke killer weed and thats what hes about haha

----
02.04.2009 - 00:01
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
One more thing for all you corpsegrinder loverboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c
04.04.2009 - 00:43
Endoftherainbow
Chris Barnes hands down his vocals are so much more low and distinguished. Also the albums he did with Cannibal Corpse are my favourite ones from them.
04.04.2009 - 20:27
thesabbathfan
Written by Guest on 25.08.2008 at 01:34

I picked Corpsegrinder because we've seen that his vocals have been able to stand the test of time whereas Barnes has been sounding worse and worse with every SFU album.

thats because hes smoked so much pot its killed his vox chords
----
05.04.2009 - 10:39
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Chris Barnes was better. their best songs as Staring through the eyes of the dead or Bleeding which is a masterpiece or Devoured by Vermin ..., were sing by chris barnes.
06.04.2009 - 02:09
TormentoR.
George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher is the man!
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
06.04.2009 - 10:20
dunkelheit_13
George fisher's vocals are not bad but chris banres is so much better and I think his voice is natural and he doesnt need to attempt to sing death metal.
----
war is over if you want
07.04.2009 - 08:47
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by dunkelheit_13 on 06.04.2009 at 10:20

George fisher's vocals are not bad but chris banres is so much better and I think his voice is natural and he doesnt need to attempt to sing death metal.

I think new fans vote for fisher, and its normal I think, but even at their last dvd theyve put Barnes's voice at dvd's menu! but the most funny thing in this dvd is that Barnes's livid eye , who knocked him I dont know
07.07.2009 - 06:58
ironfiststew
Account deleted
39 to 26?! that's just wrong. corpsegrinder's voice has ZERO personality. totally generic guttural growling. chris barnes' growl has a personality the size of texas. sorry corpsegrinder fans, but he doesn't even come close.
15.07.2009 - 10:14
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 07.07.2009 at 06:58

39 to 26?! that's just wrong. corpsegrinder's voice has ZERO personality. totally generic guttural growling. chris barnes' growl has a personality the size of texas. sorry corpsegrinder fans, but he doesn't even come close.

totally agree with you, Barnes voice has Personality + Masterpiece Techniques. one of the unbelievable vocals in death metal is his vocals I think. but Fisher has a normal strong vocals nothing more.
15.07.2009 - 21:10
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by TheBigRossowski on 04.06.2008 at 16:30

All of my favorite CC albums have Barnes, but I prefer Corpsegrinders vocals! It just sounds better to me, but Barnes is still great though!

Well said, exactly how I feel.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
22.07.2009 - 02:04
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by Guest on 16.07.2009 at 16:38

George ''Corpsegrinder'' Fisher is the ultimate death metal frontman ever!!!fucking killing machine & windmills

I second that all the way.
29.01.2010 - 16:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Valentin B on 23.08.2008 at 00:05

i am by no means a CC fan, but Barnes's vocals are INSANELY low, he sounds like a vomiting prehistoric monster or something...

i am now a CC fan, and i have to say Barnes sounds PURE FUCKING EVIL. both his insanely low gurgly stuff and his chilling shrieks.. HOLY SHIT. in fact, i dare you all to find a more evil vocal performance than on the studio version of "Fucked With a Knife"...