Metal Storm logo
Kataklysm - New Song Online

A brand new track "The Chains Of Power," from Kataklysm's upcoming record "Prevail" has been posted on the bands new and improved MySpace Page.

Kataklysm vocalist Maurizio Iacono and the band explain the meaning of "The Chains Of Power": "The meaning behind the track "The Chains Of Power" is essential. It's a song the band wrote to give gratitude and strength to all the courageous soldiers who fight for our freedom. It doesn't matter if you are for or against certain wars, nor the bullshit politics that are associated with these topics.

This track is about the people in the world that decide to take a chance with their lives in order to preserve our way of living. While we drink, rock out at concerts and take our daily lives for granted, some soldier is out there in the middle of a Warfield dodging bullets and bombs. This commitment and sacrifice has to be acknowledged, it's our tribute to them and our soundtrack to give them courage. Prevail is a vast album with different faces and this is just a sample of the hammering to come...enjoy!"

"The Chains Of Power" comes from the upcoming release "Prevail", which was mixed at AudioHammer Studios in Orlando, Florida with producer Jason Suecof. The CD, which is scheduled for release via Nuclear Blast Records on May 23 (Europe) and May 27 (North America), features guest solo appearances by Pat O'Brien (Cannibal Corpse), Dave Linsk (Overkill) and producer and guitar shredder Jason Suecof himself.

Prevail will ALSO include a BONUS DVD with a full performance recorded from a live internet concert stream at DeepRockDrive studios in Las Vegas, NV on December 3, 2007.

Bonus DVD track listing:

01 Like Angels Weeping The Dark
02 As I Slither
03 In Shadows & Dust
04 Crippled and Broken
05 The Ambassador of Pain
06 Let Them Burn
07 Manipulator of Souls
08 The Resurrected
09 Face The Face of War
10 Where The Enemy Sleeps
11 The Road To Devastation

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Kataklysm
Posted: 02.04.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 78 users
02.04.2008 - 23:25
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Standard, average, formulaic, melodic and groovy - the latter two being no compliments as Kataklysm's best days were chaotic, raw and hostile. This actually makes The Road To Devastation sound good. Looking forward to see them in summer again nonetheless.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
03.04.2008 - 01:35
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The new song sounds a little bit different but still quite good. I'm looking forward to listen to the whole album.
03.04.2008 - 02:19
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Written by Promonex on 02.04.2008 at 23:25

Standard, average, formulaic, melodic and groovy - the latter two being no compliments as Kataklysm's best days were chaotic, raw and hostile. This actually makes The Road To Devastation sound good. Looking forward to see them in summer again nonetheless.

Not being that educated on Kataclysm's past stuff and how it's changed - simply cos I never got that into them, I had nothing to draw comparison from when I heard this song. You've just explained it perfectly. Thanks.
----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
03.04.2008 - 15:39
Abattoir
Staff
I'm quite pleased with this new song...and of course I'm looking forward to the release.
04.04.2008 - 03:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm this sounds different...more structured, but I like it.
04.04.2008 - 20:08
Infidel
Child of Hell
sounds very good for me...I'm looking forward to it as well as to their previous albums !!
05.04.2008 - 02:18
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Damn it... I agree with Promo. Forget this useless trendy bullshit and listen to their original masterpieces from the mid 90s.

Although they hit a later high with Shadows & Dust, it's as if they've been going backwards to recreate the nü/core piece of crap Victims of This Fallen World. It's time for a bitchslap from Candlelight or something.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 4133 | This month: 7