Metal Storm logo
Aurora Borealis

17.06.2006 - 18:50
Detric
King Of Twilight
No thread created about this great band, so ill just copy my post from the old forum:

Aurora Borealis are a fantastic mix. They play awesome death metal, but Ron Ventos vocals sounds a bit black metallish, and thats why I love this band so much! Imagine some kick ass death metal, with black metal influences. I wanted to check em out, cause some of the best, and most respected drummers have been playing in this band. Tony Laureano (ex-Malevolent Creation, ex-Nile, Angel Copse, ex-God Dethroned etc.) played on their Mansions Of Darkness EP, and is still in the band. Derek Roddy (ex-Nile, ex-Malevolent Creation, Hate Eternal etc.) played on their Praise The Archaic Lights Embrace, and Northern Lights, Tim Yeung (ex-Vital Remains, ex- Decrepit Birth, ex-Hate Eternal etc.) played on their latest album, Time, Unveiled.

You have four releases, with three fucking amazing drummers, with some kick ass vocals! Everyone thats into death and black, should definitely check these guys out! If you dont have any downloading programs, such as Kazaa, Napster, Limewire etc. Go to http://www.auroraborealis.org and download some of their samples. Enjoy!
17.06.2006 - 18:57
Detric
King Of Twilight
By the way, Aurora Borealis just released a new album called Relinquish.

Cover art and tracklist:

1. Myths Of The Light
2. Let The Games Begin
3. Ravaged By Fire
4. God Wills It
5. The Red Flag
6. River Through The Skies
7. Tonight We Feast
8. Black Snow
17.06.2006 - 20:10
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Indeed, Aurora Borealis is a wicked band. I also am very fond of the mix between Black and Death Metal. I ordered 'Relinquish' some time back from Ron and it is really good. I believe it is Laureano's best show and Vento's work is great too. I love how the riffing and drums match perfectly. I also like the production and lyrics too. An all around good, and often overlooked band.
----
The force will be with you, always.
17.06.2006 - 21:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ah yes, I love them. Fucking great cover, by the way!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.06.2006 - 21:33
Daniell
_爱情_
When I first listened to "Northern Lights" I was truly amazed by this band's mixture of black, death, thrash and God knows what else. But after many listens I came to the conclusion that this variety gets a bit tiresome after several listens. I miss a kind of consistency in Aurora Borealis's music, I'd like them to be more "specific" in what they play.

Or am I wrong? Are other albums different than "Northern Lights"?
20.09.2006 - 14:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had listen band in MySpace and I agree band are good and it remaind sme old svhool death/thrsh/black bands and soemthing from Epoch Of Unlight style, if we talking about cover then Praise the Archaic Lights Embrace and Northern Lights remaind me Arcturus cover and band logo and band place on aobum cover where band name are writen remaind me arcturus and Nocturnus
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.10.2006 - 14:05
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
This band, for me at least, became quite tiring and bring after a few listens, it just lacks that true passion and energy that a good band can produce in an album...
04.10.2006 - 00:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think the cover makes the music sound twice as good.

Good stuff though.
04.10.2006 - 00:45
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 04.10.2006 at 00:37

I think the cover makes the music sound twice as good.

Good stuff though.

Haha, I think the exact same thing. It helps to me to enjoy the music that much more. I however do wish that they would pinpoint their genre just a little more, but you know what? They are solid as they are, so it's fine with me. I actually decided to buy the album first because of that album cover. Fantastic artwork.
----
The force will be with you, always.
07.07.2007 - 00:48
Galar
Wicked Mung
I LOVE THIS BAND! they are trully amazing
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
07.07.2007 - 16:41
APOHAKC
The Bard
I have one album, Relinquish I think. It is ok, I listened to it or couple of days, but nothing really special like friend who recommended me this band said. Nice Black Metal
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.07.2011 - 09:53
AURORA4DTH

Hey Guys Sorry I had to dig this old thread up, I cannot post on this forum yet here is the latest from AB

I have decided that i want to make our entire discography available to everyone for free. There are tons of people out there can simply cannot afford to buy cds in these tough times. Of course we will still continue to sell hard copies of the cds that are still available to those people who collect cds, or want the hard copies.
I made this decision after the success we had from offering the new Timeline: The Beginning And End Of Everything cd as a free download.  The response was overwhelming from people who appreciated the gesture.
We hope our fans enjoy this. We know some of our first few albums are very hard to find and are pretty expensive. There are still people out there that do not feel right stealing or downloading an album illegally so we want to make it easy for them without breaking the law.
The free downloads section will also include a zip file (Covering The Skies) of every cover song we were involved in or recorded.  This is Not for sale anywhere, nor will it be ever. Some of the covers sound really bad because they are so old and some sound great. Either way they are fun to listen to and we have had many people asking about them.

The downloads can be found at http://www.auroraborealis.org/html/downloads.html

Some of the clips of the making of the new cd can still be found at
http://www.youtube.com/user/AURORA4DTH?feature=mhee

We are also now on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurora-Borealis-official/110855228945757

We hope you guys enjoy this. It is our way of thanking you all for 15 years of support.

Ron