Metal Storm logo
Nevermore - Guitarist Launches Solo Project

According to Century Media, one of metal's most talented shredders, Jeff Loomis, of Nevermore fame will further prove his undeniable skills with his first solo project, which is set for a fall release. The ambitious offering is an all instrumental effort and is destined to shed some much deserved spotlight on the genre's most notable, yet unsung, guitar player.

Loomis states: "Hi everyone. I just wanted to give you all an update on the solo project. I entered Robert Lang studios on March 22nd with producer Neil Kernon (Nevermore) and drummer Mark Arrington. Mark completed the drums for 10 tracks in about three and a half days. He did some incredible drum work that I know will bring this record to a higher level than I expected. Mark and I worked before back in 1993-94 when he played half the songs on our debut CD. Being able to do this entire recording with Neil is really amazing as well. We've done some great work in the past, but being able to focus on an entire instrumental record is going to be great. Rhythm guitars will be tracked next. I'll keep everyone informed on the progress as we track for the next month."

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Nevermore
Posted: 06.04.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 117 users
06.04.2008 - 02:58
Diminished2b
Account deleted
FINALLY!!!!!!!!
06.04.2008 - 03:11
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Great news! He's fucking awesome, I can't wait for the album
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
06.04.2008 - 03:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Bah! He should save his material for another Nevermore album!...Side projects dont interest me very much.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.04.2008 - 06:52
-Valhalla-

About fucking time
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
06.04.2008 - 07:53
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Oh yes, this is going to be great.
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.04.2008 - 11:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sounds interesting
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.04.2008 - 11:36
Locke
Account deleted
Hope it's better than Dane's solo album
06.04.2008 - 12:55
Deadsoulman

Written by Guest on 06.04.2008 at 11:36

Hope it's better than Dane's solo album

My thoughts exactly. Dane's solo stuff is a little dull.
06.04.2008 - 13:06
KMR

Eggzactly, it can't be worse than Warren's solo album, I'm looking forward to hear it.
----
Nothing is sacred.
06.04.2008 - 14:55
Infurnace

Ah, sounds really promising. Jeff Loomis almost can't fail.
06.04.2008 - 17:56
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Doc G. on 06.04.2008 at 03:15

Bah! He should save his material for another Nevermore album!...Side projects dont interest me very much.

Agreed ! I DO want a new Nevermore album !!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
06.04.2008 - 20:18
Born-2rise
Nayyiker
well, i guess every1s gonna launch a solo project sooner or later. But this is definiteely nice news:banger:
----
Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will.
06.04.2008 - 23:27
Evil Chip

is always good to hear news from an exellent musician like jeff loomis, this is gonna be really interesting.
07.04.2008 - 13:08
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
I think it's a load of shit. I totally agree with Dr. Rock in this case. If Jeff really wants to show off his skills that much, why don't just include a couple instrumental tracks as bonuses on the next NM album? Because a new Nevermore album, that is what we really want.
----
THRASH!!!
07.04.2008 - 19:46
April.Ethereal87
Account deleted
YES!
08.04.2008 - 09:03
Sellathurai

well all will be settled when the album leaks or is in stores, and Loomis has something to show because he wouldn't bother making songs that Dane could simply sing over. Forcing art is a crime to our ears.
----
On The Wings of Euphoria...

Hits total: 4857 | This month: 4