Metal Storm logo
Clutch

Original post

Posted by , 17.06.2006 - 21:17
I love this band. I never realized how awesome they were until I started listening to them again. They're like blues/stoner based rock/metal but they are more technical-based in their compositions. They use a lot of asymetrical meters like 7 and 9, especially in their most recent release, Robot Hive/Exodus. They started out as a pretty straight forward blues rock/metal minded band but evolved from that...so who here knows this band?
07.05.2008 - 16:58
theflyingmachine

^^^Hmmm, I might check that out then. Have you heard the S/T?
07.05.2008 - 19:31
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
First we get some surgery,
Lose the kids then our identities.
But one thing I know for a fact,
Moustache stays right where it's at.
REO Speedwagon, Kansas to Boston.
My ankle bracelet, already gone and lost it.
Them yellow jackets keep the tired man from slacking.

Stole my Camaro, primer gray.
Took my suitcase, all my pay
Ain't got no tailights, grill full of fur.
How could you do this to me man so close to being cured?

We should get together and talk it over
At the Detroiter.
Delaware Destroyers, rocking with Dokken.
You front the money and I'll do all the talking.
Them Yellow jackets keep the tired man from slacking.

Come a little closer honey, I won't bite ya.
One more lager and I might learn to like ya.

ooo the lyrics are so amazing, everyone must listen to them
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
06.11.2008 - 11:40
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Clutch is a really cool band. I like their unique Southern Hard rock sound. I was gonna see them earlier this year but they were sold out.... sad isn't it
----
Coldgrits
06.11.2008 - 22:08
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by -DC-002- on 06.11.2008 at 11:40

Clutch is a really cool band. I like their unique Southern Hard rock sound. I was gonna see them earlier this year but they were sold out.... sad isn't it

honestly, not really.

sucks you didn't get to see them, but it is nice to know that a band that's been around as long as they have, working hard, touring, recording, always doing what they want have been that successful.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.11.2008 - 22:22
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They tour a lot here...they seem to be here once a year...it's also good that they're consistant with releases...I missed them the last time they were in Toronto when I was still living there...
17.07.2009 - 19:20
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
New album, "Strange Cousins From The West" is out now. i remember reading an interview with Neil and he was pissed that the last album (a great album at that) was put out with such a bland case/artwork in comparison to prior releases, like "Robot Hive: Exodus" - so they really outdid themselves this time. the CD packaging is ridiculous.

disk itself is pretty good, fairly straightforward, based upon my first two spins. will probably put a review up in a week or two.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.08.2009 - 22:16
wormdrink414

Written by BitterCOld on 17.07.2009 at 19:20

New album, "Strange Cousins From The West" is out now. i remember reading an interview with Neil and he was pissed that the last album (a great album at that) was put out with such a bland case/artwork in comparison to prior releases, like "Robot Hive: Exodus" - so they really outdid themselves this time. the CD packaging is ridiculous.

disk itself is pretty good, fairly straightforward, based upon my first two spins. will probably put a review up in a week or two.

I believe his exact words were that the Beale Street casing is "an abortion".
16.11.2009 - 09:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard The Company Band? It has Neil from Clutch and the drummer of Fu Manchu. Their new album just came out or something
28.11.2009 - 02:50
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Dangerboner: ...and the guitarist from Fireball Ministry
20.12.2009 - 01:07
Metalhead1218
Account deleted
I love Electric Worry. His voice is just hardcore.
15.12.2010 - 19:21
Axe Argonian

Clutch is definitely an awesome but underrated band. I'm currently enjoying their first two albums Transnational Speedway League and Clutch to a great extent.

In regards to their style, I personally see them as a Hard Rock/Alternative Metal group. Although they can't truly be classified under "Alternative Metal" now, they did play a heavy, funky kind of metal in their earliest days. From a conventional standpoint, Clutch isn't really "metal", but their earliest songs exhibited a very unique blend of classic metal-inspired rock and Faith No More-esque metal. Hell, to me, "Escape from Prison Planet" sounds like a modern Motorhead song!

I'll always love Clutch, and it makes me very happy to see them on Metal Storm.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
24.12.2010 - 14:34
JD
Account deleted
Amazing stoner\rock band my favorite songs are "Rising Son" and "Willie Nelson" and many more...
21.06.2011 - 14:49
Deadsoulman

I can't get over how totally fucking great they were at Hellfest. Energetic as hell and probably the best show of the weekend for me. Here's a video for you to judge:
21.06.2011 - 19:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Thanks, Collin! one of my fave Clutch songs.

i haven't seen them since they opened for Bad Religion in January of '94.
----

22.06.2011 - 04:13
wormdrink414

True professionals. Great vid. Would have sold a few unnecessary body parts to get there.
12.07.2011 - 00:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Clutch have combined forces with New Belgium Brewery (Fat Tire, Ranger, Hoptoberfest...)

head explode

don't like dark sours, but i'll still buy a sixer of this.
----

12.07.2011 - 06:34
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Hahaha nice. I'm going to listen to some clutch now, its been a while.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
07.01.2012 - 02:39
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
They're awesome! I got into their music one night when I was stoned, and the music sounded really cool to me while in that state lol.
I love their blues-rock feel in their songs. Funny though, I consider their most "metal" albums to be their worst, I don't enjoy that period of their music at all.
Luckily they pulled themselves back together with their last two releases though
18.07.2013 - 23:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Neil was on "That Metal Show", relayed an encounter with Lemmy when on tour with Motorhead...

"On our second tour with Motorhead, ran into Lemmy and he asked us

'You used to play Electric Worry on your set. You don't now. Why not?'

Neil - "We got tired of it."

'You got "tired of it?" "tired of it?" it's your 'Aces of Spades!"

on the show Neil was pretty proud of that, giving a flex response. And it seems to be back on setlists...
----

11.11.2013 - 18:25
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Great set in Tucson last Friday night. sounded awesome. set was mostly Earth Rocker, but with some oldies as well.
----

05.04.2014 - 10:46
wormdrink414

Scared me a bit because Alex Jones seems like a douche, but Neil seems level-headed. Pretty cool interview:
21.12.2014 - 17:24
WraithZero

Does anyone know about any other bands with a similar sound ?
21.12.2014 - 20:19
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by WraithZero on 21.12.2014 at 17:24

Huge fan of Clutch.

Well, I'll recommend you what I listen to.

The Bakerton(side project of Clutch members, hope you know it), Five Horse Johnson, Lionize, Sasquatch(my fav), Truckfighters, Fu Manchu, Monster Magnet, The Atomic Bitchwax, Nebula, Wo Fat(Texas riff masters), Kyuss, Greenleaf and Graveyard.
21.12.2014 - 20:44
WraithZero

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.12.2014 at 20:19

Written by WraithZero on 21.12.2014 at 17:24

Huge fan of Clutch.

Well, I'll recommend you what I listen to.

The Bakerton(side project of Clutch members, hope you know it), Five Horse Johnson, Lionize, Sasquatch(my fav), Truckfighters, Fu Manchu, Monster Magnet, The Atomic Bitchwax, Nebula, Wo Fat(Texas riff masters), Kyuss, Greenleaf and Graveyard.

I've only heard of Monster Magnet, Kyuss from all of those will be giving those a listen ! Thanks
27.12.2014 - 16:15
theFIST

As much as i enjoy choosing which gear i"m in at the moment, and therefore dislike driving automatics, using the clutch sometimes annoys me
shifting with an automated dual clutch is so much faster
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
21.11.2015 - 09:44
RogerLin

I like they music styles.