Metal Storm logo
Clutch

17.06.2006 - 21:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I love this band. I never realized how awesome they were until I started listening to them again. They're like blues/stoner based rock/metal but they are more technical-based in their compositions. They use a lot of asymetrical meters like 7 and 9, especially in their most recent release, Robot Hive/Exodus. They started out as a pretty straight forward blues rock/metal minded band but evolved from that...so who here knows this band?
23.06.2006 - 05:27
LethargyMan
I've heard a little of their stuff and thought it was pretty good. It was certainly very different than most other rock bands. Any albums you would suggest to check out?
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
25.06.2006 - 05:14
Alfonso
Start at the s/t and Blast Tyrant, then get the rest of them. Mind you, their first album and EPs are more like a Helmet-type of deal... fantastic fucking band, all the way. PURE ROCK FURY!
----
25.06.2006 - 07:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Hey, somebody finally decided to reponse about Clutch in this thread! It only took six days...

As far as suggesting albums, I already recommended some in my first post...Elephant Riders is another awesome one...
27.06.2006 - 06:14
Alfonso
The band is kicking
AND I SEE LOTS OF BEERS
----
12.07.2006 - 03:35
nick35
Account deleted
cool hard rock band. the first time i heard them was on viva la bam and i didnt care for them
02.08.2006 - 16:47
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
Robot Hive Exodous is easily there most accesible and best album to date. Not a bad tune on the record and it grooves like a sonofabitch
Creative and different lyrics too. They are currently on tour with mototrhead in europe. North America Next???? Probably not, but one can dream.....
02.08.2006 - 17:47
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Thanks for resurrecting the Clutch thread Iron_Metalfan...

I would agree with you that Robot Hive/Exodus is their best album to date and their most accesible as of late because a lot of their earlier albums are a little bit raw...

Yeah, their lyrics are very strange and a tad eccentric...especially on that Robot Hive/Exodus album...

They seem to come to Canada a lot....now, Iron_Metalfan, have you seen them before?
03.08.2006 - 20:10
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
Nah , they never come near Toronto or ottawa, i'd have to go to montral to see them. My buddy saw them 2 years ago and said that it was the best concert he'd ever seen. I'm hopin that tour with Motorhead they are currently on comes to North America. Ill be driving to the closest place they play if thats the case.

Lobster backs attack the town again, tipping cows in fields of levian
03.08.2006 - 20:21
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
Their lyrics kick ass, and there is so much head nodding groove on tracks like Whisky and Rye or tripping the alarm.
04.08.2006 - 18:42
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.08.2006 at 20:10

Nah , they never come near Toronto or ottawa

Are you high? They come to Toronto like, once a year! You obviously don't check websites and shit for touring info....for example...www.inertia-entertainment.com...look there for touring history and you'll see that they've come to Toronto a lot! I've seen them three times in Toronto man! Oh yeah, I've also seen them twice in Ottawa!
04.08.2006 - 23:00
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
Yeah a little I live bout an hour outside of Ottawa and i've never heard of them coming before, mybe they only play those underground clubs that aren't available through ticketmaster. I dont know. I live in the boonies so its hard to get info on bands coming to the big city
04.08.2006 - 23:03
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
What club in Ottawa did you see them at???
05.08.2006 - 03:42
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Iron_Metalfan: Haha...I haven't smoked anything in a couple days...you live an hour outside of Ottawa eh? I do too when I'm not in university but I'm permenatly moving to Toronto on August 25th...I got Clutch tickets from ticketmaster dude...I saw them at Barrymores in 1998 and again at the same venue in 2000...
07.08.2006 - 05:58
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
Live North of Ottawa in Pembroke. Wicked that you've seen them twice, gonna have to keep a closer eye on ticketmaster and house of blues websites for tickets. Do they tour alone or do they have an opening act???? Bet alot of dope gets smoked at those shows.
10.08.2006 - 01:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They usually have about 2-3 opening acts...a lot of the opening acts are usually stoner rock/metal bands or these strange bands that have like...8 or 9 people in the band and they usually have a general blues rock sound...The Cougars was a band that I saw open for Clutch...man, were they ever something...you should check them out...

Oh hellz ya, lots of joints get passed around at a Clutch show that's for damn sure man hah...
12.05.2007 - 08:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
there pretty cool i guess, I bought Robot Hive/Exodus a while ago, and Im still trying to figure out whether there lyrics are religious or not?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.05.2007 - 00:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I have Blast Tyrant and think it's pretty good. It's actually a very solid album with minimal filler, which is impressive because it has 15 songs lol. I think the bluesy guitars are definitely their strong point.
17.05.2007 - 00:25
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I saw them open for Bad Religion back in January of 1994 - fun show. I picked up "Transnational Speedway League..." on tape. Forgot about them for a while when my I stumbled on to a video of their's on mtv2 - really caught my ear.

I'm going to be checking them out again, definitely.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.07.2007 - 05:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just bought Robot Hive/Exodus today and it's pretty sweet. It seems to be less bluesy than their older albums, but there's still enough funk and groove in their music to make it interesting. I'll probably buy Elephant Riders and the new one sometime soon.
31.07.2007 - 07:19
Endoftherainbow
The new clutch album is pretty fucking sweet, it is probably one of the most rocking albums I have hear in a long time not really as good as their older stuff but I like it better then Robot Hive: Exodus. Blast Tyrant would still have to be my favorite album by them. I really need to see them live I'm sure it'd be one hell of a show. "Everybody move to Canada smoke lots of pot everybody move to Canada right now"
12.09.2007 - 23:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I need to get "Blast Tyrant" it seems.

Since posting on this thread a couple months ago, i re-purchased "Transnational Speedway League" on CD, as well as "Pure Rock Fury" and "From Beale Street to Oblivion."

Have only listened to "PRF" once, but i really liked it based on my initial run through.

I love the "Beale Street" - it's a good album through and through, but the stand out tracks are just awesome. (Power Player, The Devil & Me, Electric Worry)..

Oddly, a local bar has a juke box with limited track versions of cds in it. I.E. Faith No More's "Angel Dust" as a selection, but only the tracks 'Kindergarten' and 'a Small Victory' available to play.

it has Clutch's "FBStO", with only one track available to play. It's labeled "one eyed dollar" on the screen, but in reality is "electric worry."

how odd.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.09.2007 - 11:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'm loving Beale Street, thanks for the rec. Bitter.

What next should I get? Blast Tyrant as well?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.09.2007 - 20:05
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm seeing them next month with a few of my friends...should be one helluva show because I saw them a few years ago and they were fuckin awesome...they have a shitty band opening up for them...oh well, I just won't go see that band open up for them!
27.09.2007 - 08:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I can't remember if I've talked about the new album yet, but it's good. I've been overplaying Clutch lately, but this one is still growing on me. I love Electric Worry and Mr. Shiny Cadillackness, and I fucking love the part where he sounds like he's preaching in the beginning of Mr. Shiny Cadillackness.

When Vegans Attack is funny shit...
29.09.2007 - 00:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
The first three tracks of "Beale Street", plus those you've mentioned are my favorite.

I've also picked up "Robot Hive/Exodus", and prefer that to "Pure Rock Fury" or "TSL"

"Blast Tyrant" is probably going to be my next pick-up.

Nervel, I'm only familiar with four of their albums, of which you have my favorite. Any advice I have to offer is above... "RH/E" would get the nod from me.
----

09.10.2007 - 03:32
Kharn
Account deleted
I saw them earlier this year in glasgow with The Sword supporting. They were truly awesome...i found a t-shirt on the floor...bonus!

I find it hard to choose a favourite, i have fav songs from many albums.

i love the earlier stuff and the new Stuff...very different...like 2 different bands. Neil fallons voice is fucking awesome!
02.05.2008 - 21:24
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i love clutch so much. they are one of the bands that totally changed my life, and i was totally bummed when i discovered there arent mentioned on MS except in this thread, i know they arent technically metal but they are just amazing. neil fallons vocals are epic and the music is so funky. my favourite song is frankenstein, because of the fucking heavy bass in it and the stange lyrics.
my favourite album is blast tyrant and pure rock fury although there are some good ones on robot hive exodus. i heard they are fucking awesome live so im off to see them on 29th august in birmingham...so exciting!
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
04.05.2008 - 17:57
I really enjoyed the S/T, but bought Elephant Riders and couldn't get into it to save my life. Ever since, I've been wanting a good Clutch album but didn't know which one to get, although given the responses on this thread, it looks like I'll check out Blast Tyrant.
05.05.2008 - 02:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by theflyingmachine on 04.05.2008 at 17:57

I really enjoyed the S/T, but bought Elephant Riders and couldn't get into it to save my life. Ever since, I've been wanting a good Clutch album but didn't know which one to get, although given the responses on this thread, it looks like I'll check out Blast Tyrant.

I've come to think that Robot Hive/Exodus is their best, but I haven't heard Elephant Riders. lol sometime last year I almost bought Elephant Riders without ever hearing it before, but I chose Robot Hive/Exodus instead and I guess that was a pretty good choice haha.