Metal Storm logo
Everything You Wanted to Know about Church/State Separation...

09.04.2008 - 05:08
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
...but were afraid to ask. Yeah, the title was too long, but this topic is basically about a video from Americans United for the Separation of Church and State. To sum it up, here's the copypasta on the blog from which I originally heard about the video:

Quote:
'First Freedom First' Historic Church-State Separation Simulcast Available Online!

We hope you enjoyed the First Freedom First simulcast "Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Separation of Church and State ? but were afraid to ask!"

If you weren't able to get to one of the 37 movie theaters, don't despair. You can now watch the program, in its entirety, by logging on to www.firstfreedomfirst.org.

Now you can share in the excitement of this historic event, learn about the threats to church-state separation and find out how you can ensure that candidates for elected office answer questions about key issues dealing with individual freedom.

I thought the video was quite entertaining and informative. It brought up some key issues I felt strongly about and I think others may feel the same way about these issues.

Thoughts? Comments? Complaints? Grievances? Unintelligible shouting?
09.04.2008 - 05:27
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I don't really have time to watch it right now, but I am a strong believer in seperation of church and state, so I will definitly make some attempt and watching it tomorrow.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.04.2008 - 06:00
totaliteraliter
It's strange how in Canada we have no official church/state separation, yet America does and their government/politics and religion are far more closely intertwined... Might have watched the video but the people with colourful slogan T-shirts kind of turned me off for some reason.
10.04.2008 - 00:02
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by totaliteraliter on 09.04.2008 at 06:00

It's strange how in Canada we have no official church/state separation, yet America does and their government/politics and religion are far more closely intertwined... Might have watched the video but the people with colourful slogan T-shirts kind of turned me off for some reason.

I just ignore them and go on with watching the video.
11.04.2008 - 01:41
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Anyone interested?
11.04.2008 - 01:52
Fhuesc
If the official religion is the pastafarism i don't see a problem.

All those people look like a Benetton commercial.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!