Metal Storm logo
Adagio - Parts Ways With Vocalist

Vocalist Gus Monsanto has posted the following announcement on his myspace page:

Brazilian singer/guitarist/songwriter Gus Monsanto has parted ways with French prog-metal band Adagio after four years of hard work, which included a successful album and a European tour.

"We parted ways friendly. It has been an overwhelming experience to fill David Readman's shoes and I will take with me the great people I met on the road, the friends I made during this period, the countries I have visited. The road stories and great music I made with Stephan, Franck, Eric and Kevin will not be forgotten. They will carry on as the archangels in black they are, as all of us are Metal Commandos," Monsanto said.

Gus' departure from Adagio will allow him to focus in other hard rock and heavy metal projects.

"There's a lot on my plate right now. June 08th will see the release of "The Lightseekers" CD, which is a really great French hard rock band I have been working with. I also have a spankin' new project called Zyon Vega, with fellow Aquaria members Bruno Agra (drums), Fernando Giovanetti (bass) and Alberto Kury (keyboards), plus Atlantida's guitarist, Alexandre Macedo, who's been pursuing this new chapter with me," Monsanto said.

Samples of Gus' latest efforts are available at this location

In other news, Gus is in advanced talks to join a well-known U.S. hard rock band replacing a world famous vocalist.

"I cannot tell the name of the band or anything else right now but I will disclose details as talks progress," Gus said.

Finally, Gus Monsanto is in the final stages of his first experience as a producer, with Brazilian metal band Skyrion, whose album is due out shortly.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Adagio
Posted: 09.04.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 61 users
09.04.2008 - 11:25
Deadsoulman

Bah, too bad, I thought he really brought something to Adagio's music...
09.04.2008 - 16:17
NaittsirK

Will they continue to tour for this year then?
----
Between two worlds I am quested not to be...
09.04.2008 - 21:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I love better Brazilian Adagio so ...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.08.2009 - 22:16
Lord Darkness

I want David Readman back, Adagio was much better with him.
----
I can see what you see not. Vision milky then eyes rot.
When you turn they will be gone, whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be, shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind, cast down into the Halls of the Blind.

Hits total: 3251 | This month: 3