Metal Storm logo
The Tea Party/Jeff Martin solo career

09.04.2008 - 23:55
ESTRANGED
Account deleted
Hi guys, I was wondering if you are aware of this band/artist? They are kinda effected by the Doors and Led Zeppelin among other and in most of their album they have light or heavy indie elements HOWEVER, I had to admit that if your ears can dig stuff which arent not JUST rock/metal you OUGHT to have a look at those bands. Let me just tell you that I have grown up listening to Priest, Sabbath, Venom, Maiden etc back before quite a few new subgenres were involved and their songs simply left me out with my mouth hanging wide open!!! They are truly unique! I feel grateful that i have come across with the music of this band.

Look out for psychopomp and other videos on you tube to get an idea.

I hope someone will let me know how can i add an artist on the forum (Jeff Martin )

http://www.jeff-martin.net/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6toRhHpuptI - guys if links from utube arent allowed, pls dont delete this topic... :/
10.04.2008 - 06:17
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I usually hate anything 70s influenced but I always enjoyed the Tea Party.
I particularly like the album Interzone Mantras. Its overall a little too pretentious but they are capable of making moody rock pieces that work really well.
Sadly, for whatever reason, their last album was straight forward hard rock, extremely boring in comparison to the ambitious stuff before it.
What happened?
10.04.2008 - 07:56
Opium
Account deleted
Another band I grew up with, I still need to buy a few of their albums

My personal faves are Triptych and Splendor Solis, their sound is just incredible and each song was distinct. That was, up until their last album, which blew big time, as jupi suggested above
10.04.2008 - 20:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Why do you have them under Indie Rock?
Great band...one of my favorite song is The River
24.06.2008 - 21:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I grew up with this band, I believe it was the song 'Temptation' that I first heard. The Last song I remember being released from them is 'Walking Wounded' which was incredibly powerful. Ive just been getting back into them after about 5 years, Im probably going to buy Tangents this week.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.03.2009 - 09:15
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I heard Melechesh's cover of their song "Gyroscope," and it's one of the best on their latest album, so any recommendations as to where to start with these guys from? I am currently thinking about listening to Transmission, where "Gyroscope" actually is present.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
05.03.2009 - 09:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by K✞ulu on 05.03.2009 at 09:15

I heard Melechesh's cover of their song "Gyroscope," and it's one of the best on their latest album, so any recommendations as to where to start with these guys from? I am currently thinking about listening to Transmission, where "Gyroscope" actually is present.

Pretty much anything other than "Seven Circles" is good. I'm partial towards Interzone Mantras, but Transmission ain't bad. Tangents is a very good compilation, its also the only release to contain 'Walking Wounded' which is one of their best songs out of their discography IMO.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.03.2009 - 09:32
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Doc G. on 05.03.2009 at 09:25

Pretty much anything other than "Seven Circles" is good. I'm partial towards Interzone Mantras, but Transmission ain't bad. Tangents is a very good compilation, its also the only release to contain 'Walking Wounded' which is one of their best songs out of their discography IMO.

Thanks, gonna check Interzone next then.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

05.03.2009 - 18:52
tulkas
el parcero

i got to know them this same way. when i heard the cover the first time i started looking up the riginal and downloaded it, an liked it a lot (although i still prefer melechesh's version). anyway, i want to look up more from this ban, 'cause i only have that song, gyroscope, so, any recommendaions of any good songs from them, or albums? thanx in advance
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
05.03.2009 - 19:55
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by tulkas on 05.03.2009 at 18:52

i got to know them this same way. when i heard the cover the first time i started looking up the riginal and downloaded it, an liked it a lot (although i still prefer melechesh's version). anyway, i want to look up more from this ban, 'cause i only have that song, gyroscope, so, any recommendaions of any good songs from them, or albums? thanx in advance

I like Melechesh's version more too because it's heavier I guess. I listened to Transmission today two times, and you can check it out. It feature Gyroscope and many other great songs. I liked the kinda atmospheric drums. This kind of music is new to me, but it's. I am gonna listen to the album suggested by Dr. Rock next.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

05.03.2009 - 21:16
tulkas
el parcero
@K?ulu: thanx man, i'll check that and also dr. rock's recommendation. i'll start downloading or 'youtubing' that when i get home
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
09.03.2009 - 22:29
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I listened to both Transmission and Interzone Mantras, and I liked Transmission more. It had a lot of oriental vibes, which I am a fan of, and the other one was a bit straighter hard rock thing.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner