Metal Storm logo
Mortification

11.04.2008 - 18:49
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Why hasn't anyone made a mortification topic? IMO it is the best metalband for almost 20 years. It is the only band of which I have more than 5 albums (17) and I think it truly rules. Of course I am not really fair, it is a christian band and I like christian bands more, but still it appears really strange to me that there is no topic about mortification yet. If you haven't heard them yet, check their myspace for some songs: http://www.myspace.com/mortification1 .
So, I was wondering who knew the band around here.
11.04.2008 - 19:16
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well, lyrical content often has little value to me, obviously I've listened to overly Satanic and NS bands to bands singing about fairies and Christianity, so it matters not their theme. However I'd have to disagree in every way about them being the best Metal of the last twenty years, but that's just my opinion. From what I've heard, the have some good tunes, but nothing groundbreaking or awe-inspiring. However, my knowledge of the music is limited so perhaps I will come into contact with more of their material later.
----
The force will be with you, always.
12.04.2008 - 14:29
diSEMBOWELMENT
Account deleted
best metalband for almost 20 years? give me a fucking break! they've released quality death metal for a few years but then started to utterly suck, though i've gotta admit their new album is actually pretty good. i wanted to make a thread about them, but i don't think that more than 10 people on this forum ever heard of this band, so i didn't bother. saw them live last year, it was fucking killer!
12.04.2008 - 15:00
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
I'd liked these heavy metal stuff they made less also. I got more interested again after Braincleaner, in which I think are the best of heavy, trash and death put together. But I still think they really rule. With a worldtour in 2000 I think they should be one of the better known metal bands here on this forum, for there are not many that have done that in the extreme metal.
13.04.2008 - 20:57
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
My favourite christian band!!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
18.04.2008 - 00:37
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well I just thought, if you want good Death Metal with Christian themes, listen to Incubus. Now that's some fucking Death Metal you can crush Satanic slime to!
----
The force will be with you, always.
20.05.2008 - 11:50
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Opprobrium you mean? They sound pretty cool, hadn't heard of them yet.