Metal Storm logo
Revolution Renaissance - More Album Details And Samples

The debut album from Revolution Renaissance, the new band formed by Stratovarius guitarist and frontman Timo Tolkki, who officially put an end to Stratovarius last week, is entitled "New Era" and will be released on June 6th via Frontiers Records.

"New Era" tracklisting:

01. Heroes (Sammet) [Sample]
02. I Did It My Way (Kiske) [Sample]
03. We Are Magic (Rantanen)
04. Angel (Kiske)
05. Eden Is Burning (Rantanen) [Sample]
06. Glorious And Divine (Sammet)
07. Born Upon The Cross (Rantanen)
08. Keep The Flame Alive (Kiske)
09. Last Night On Earth (Kiske)
10. Revolution Renaissance (Kiske) [Sample]

As previosuly reported, Timo has formed a new band called Revolution Renaissance, and in the silence he has been devoting all his time and efforts preparing the first release of his new band. According to a press release, the album is "a masterpiece of melodic Power Metal", taking the listener straight back to the Visions-era Stratovarius. In fact, "New Era" is the album that was meant to be the next Stratovarius album.
Instead, Timo called a few friends for the recording sessions and the album features all the lead vocals from such legends as Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween) and Tobias Sammet (Edguy, Avantasia), along with Timo's blistering lead guitar lines and melodic Power Metal anthems that made him one of the pioneers of the style and trademark performers of the style. Revolution Renaissance witnesses a rebirth, a new era for Timo Tolkki and his music.
Tolkki is looking for a permanent line-up for the band, so if you are interested, check out the details on www.timotolkki.com for details on how to apply.

(Thanks Stratowarrior)

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Revolution Renaissance
Posted: 12.04.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 88 users
12.04.2008 - 20:46
Sheol

Sounds promising
13.04.2008 - 03:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Wow...Stratovarius broke up...didn't see that coming...
13.04.2008 - 09:17
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 13.04.2008 at 03:34

Wow...Stratovarius broke up...didn't see that coming...

LOOOOOOOOOOL when that happened people lost their shit. look for the article, im too lazy to put it here, its worth the time.

and FUCKING SHIT MICHAEL KISKE COME BACK ALREADY. METAL WANTS YOU BACK.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.04.2008 - 09:25
BORT

The Samples rocked

Hits total: 7873 | This month: 4