Metal Storm logo
Your first full song

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 13.04.2008 - 21:04
What was your very first song that you entirely learned?

For me it was Crazy Train from the album Tribute, it took me forever but Randy Rhoads is my favorite guitarist and I wanted to learn it. I had this CD that had Andy Aledort (blues player) showing exactly how to play the song step by step, he made it so much easier!

By the way, learning pieces of a song does not count!
14.06.2009 - 16:45
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
If i remember well it was "Smells like teen spirit" from nirvan. and the first metal song was "Phobia" from Kreator. basically these are the only two songs i've played from other bands as i dislike covering. i prefer playing my music.

BTW those 2 songs i played them in Drums! just because i don't play guitar
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.06.2009 - 20:15
leper-Messiah
Account deleted
I learnt every rose has its thorn, eaasy just a few chords and a solo, but am workin on seek and destroy solo
02.07.2009 - 00:18
Warlock84

I think the first song I ever learned was something by Nirvana, sadly... but I was into grunge in my younger years. Thankfully I got into metal and left all that crappy music behind. The first metal song I learned in it's entirety was either 'Nothing Else Matters' or 'Black Sabbath' ... I believe... I can't really remember 14 years ago so clearly anymore.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
29.08.2009 - 13:05
Entropic Silence

This takes me back. I think it was GnR's Patience - that cute song from Lies. First metal one was a Lamb of God song, either Ruin or Black Label. Unless you count Enter Sandman, which I don't. That's just me.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
03.10.2009 - 01:23
The Night Wisher

Well, this was the first song I've ever composed (Lyrics, Keys and Vocals) :
it's called 3 Days to the Apocalypse here you can have a listen :
http://rapidshare.com/files/287899138/3_Days_to_the_Apocalypse.mp3.html
03.10.2009 - 23:51
thesabbathfan

Dio's Holy Diver on bass
----
04.10.2009 - 19:39
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Probably Nirvana's Polly then other Nirvana stuff, it's pretty good to start with. First metal songs were Seek and Destroy and Manowar's Hail to England.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
05.10.2009 - 03:14
Mechanixxxx

MetallicA - For Whom The Bell Tolls on bass
25.10.2009 - 14:34
proglamer

In Flames - Gyroscope lead guitar.
24.05.2011 - 01:19
Ghostdancer

Slayer - Black Magic on bass.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
24.05.2011 - 03:12
moe5512

Well the first metal song I learned was Fear of the Dark on guitar, the same song that got me into metal.I had played guitar for several years before that so it's impossible for me to say the really first song I learned. But before I started to listen to metal, songs that I played was Holiday by Green day and Sweet child o' mine
24.05.2011 - 13:20
JD
Account deleted
Your first full song, seriously?
24.05.2011 - 19:40
Sammol

With or Without You by U2 that was 8 years ago I think.

first Metal song would be Metalica's Enter Sand Man
26.05.2011 - 03:46
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Judas Priest - Breaking The Law
30.05.2011 - 23:17
ADIresiduos

I really don't remember which was the first song I learned to play... was back in 1990-91... mmmhh...... ...... uumhhh.......
well, the good thing is that currently I have written about 15-20 original songs (mostly only music, a few lyrics) and know how to play some 30-40 cover songs, ranging from Poison to Slipknot (although I prefer to play original stuff - rock/metal and its sub-genres).
04.06.2011 - 09:07
GroundZero

Morbid Angel - Desolate Ways
25.08.2011 - 20:51
Glaucus

Greenday - Brain Stew

...Fuck yeah..
----
"Pretty easy work, for a God." - Freya ~ Valkyrie Profile
28.08.2011 - 08:08
Mackizar

I'm... still working on it.
I've learned a few parts to Iron Man by Black Sabbath, but uh, I'm thinking the solo part will be beyond me.

Been playing for only 2-3 months, really. Just learning the basics now, any suggestions for something a beginner could sink his teeth into?!
30.08.2011 - 17:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
^sunshine of your love by cream. i learned forever by aild on bass then holy diver, but ive forgotton most of it.XD
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.08.2011 - 21:14
Glaucus

Written by Mackizar on 28.08.2011 at 08:08

I'm... still working on it.
I've learned a few parts to Iron Man by Black Sabbath, but uh, I'm thinking the solo part will be beyond me.

Been playing for only 2-3 months, really. Just learning the basics now, any suggestions for something a beginner could sink his teeth into?!

That solo in Black Sabbath is a bit tricky for where you're at... But even if you play through it slowly, it's great practice for pentatonic stuff. That particular solo gets hard to hear, though, once the overdubbing starts...

But, yeah. Slow. AND, steady...

And then, shreddy.
----
"Pretty easy work, for a God." - Freya ~ Valkyrie Profile
31.08.2011 - 14:48
Hellbrann

First song I drummed...can't remember, that's too long ago. I can remember the first song I played on bass; With Or Without You from U2. I felt pretty hardcore after that. :')
----
Druantia | Folk metal
31.08.2011 - 18:40
Metalorgy

The first song I could play from start to end is Metallica's 'Seek & Destroy'. I still play it from time to time, it's not that hard and great fun to play.

By the way, here's some great stuff to learn the new Mastodon song: there's a contest ongoing (until 9 september) allowing you to download separate recorded tracks from Mastodon's latest song 'Curl Of The Burl', import them in your favourite DAW and make your own version of it. It's great fun to have some pro-recorded tracks and add your own guitars, bass or drums.

My submission: http://contest.mastodonrocks.com/tracks/63
Tell me what you think, I re-recorded guitars and bass with some new riffs. (my solo sucks but I got lazy :p)

Contest site : http://contest.mastodonrocks.com/
01.09.2011 - 02:13
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Probably Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse.
01.09.2011 - 12:57
Metal_4Ever

On Kayboard - Abandoned