Metal Storm logo
Mötley Crüe - New Song Online

It's been more than a decade, but all four original members of Mötley Crüe are back together in full force. "Saints Of Los Angeles" is the title track and lead single off the notorious rock band's new album due this Summer. With its powerhouse hook, the track aims to prove that the gang is still on top of its game, rocking harder than ever.

Click here and check out "Saints of Los Angeles" on AOL Music, or via YouTube here.

Bassist Nikki Sixx has issued the following update: "The album's done, the video's done, the artwork is done, the photo sessions are all wrapped up and the single is ready to go to radio, rehearsals start tomorrow; wow??it's been so busy, it feels like I'm leaving a few things out?.and I probably am. I know a lot of you have heard "Saints Of Los Angeles" on the web?.if you like the single, just wait 'til you see the video. OK, my eyes are red, and its a rare night to not have to work, so im gonna sit back and feel good about all the hard work. I hope you all like it as much as we do."

Source: motley.com
Band profile: Mötley Crüe
Posted: 14.04.2008 by Dr.Rock

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 76 users
14.04.2008 - 21:41
Darkmember

Very nice
----
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
15.04.2008 - 04:19
enumaelis

not bad!:)
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
15.04.2008 - 05:01
Mother_North

I love the crue
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
15.04.2008 - 08:30
Hyvaarin

Hahahaha! Did I mishear Vince, or did he sing "something something girls passed out, everybody's gonna score"?!?!?!?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
15.04.2008 - 09:56
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
very nice dr. rock

and motley crue is fucking DESPERATE for money. those were the worst lyrics in the history of the universe and the music wasnt even that good. motley crue needs to go away.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.04.2008 - 10:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by LeChron James on 15.04.2008 at 09:56

very nice dr. rock

and motley crue is fucking DESPERATE for money. those were the worst lyrics in the history of the universe and the music wasnt even that good. motley crue needs to go away.

I disagree, while most of the lyrics ere pretty bad, I think the music turned out really well, definitely a step-up from "New Tattoo". The chorus has a pretty good tune to it, just the lyrics are bad.
And as far as being desperate for money, I highly doubt that. For the past few months they'd been touring selling quite a few tickets in stadiums. Released "The Dirt", Nikki Sixx had Sixx:AM and Brides Of Destruction as well as the release of his own book. Tommy had his solo stuff, and his book. I don't think theyre that strapped for cash.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.04.2008 - 12:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 15.04.2008 at 10:13

very nice dr. rock

I disagree, while most of the lyrics ere pretty bad, I think the music turned out really well, definitely a step-up from "New Tattoo". The chorus has a pretty good tune to it, just the lyrics are bad.
And as far as being desperate for money, I highly doubt that. For the past few months they'd been touring selling quite a few tickets in stadiums. Released "The Dirt", Nikki Sixx had Sixx:AM and Brides Of Destruction as well as the release of his own book. Tommy had his solo stuff, and his book. I don't think theyre that strapped for cash.

thats not what i mean. while Tommy, Nikki and Vince have their own solo deals, they still want to push motley crue as an entity. they want to earn money under the motley crue name on top of what theyre already making. thats all im saying. its more greed than being strapped, i phrased it wrong.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.04.2008 - 12:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by LeChron James on 15.04.2008 at 12:26

Written by Doc G. on 15.04.2008 at 10:13

very nice dr. rock

thats not what i mean. while Tommy, Nikki and Vince have their own solo deals, they still want to push motley crue as an entity. they want to earn money under the motley crue name on top of what theyre already making. thats all im saying. its more greed than being strapped, i phrased it wrong.

I really don't get how just because a band is making a comeback with a new album they are automatically just being greedy pricks? Like a band or not you can't fairly say what reasons they are making an album for. They came back together after a pretty long hiatus for a successful comeback tour, wouldn't that spark a little inspiration to put together a new album?
----
- George Carlin
15.04.2008 - 13:03
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Quote:
I really don't get how just because a band is making a comeback with a new album they are automatically just being greedy pricks? Like a band or not you can't fairly say what reasons they are making an album for. They came back together after a pretty long hiatus for a successful comeback tour, wouldn't that spark a little inspiration to put together a new album?

dude if you listen to the lyrics, in the second verse when they start talking about the Troubadour, that was basically about themselves in the 80s during their heyday. THEY MADE A SONG ABOUT THEMSELVES and what they USED to do, how they USED to be on top of the world. im sorry, i just dont see this as a comeback, but more as an epitaph
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

16.04.2008 - 22:21
CRODv

Great have them back!! Let see how it goes, I hope to have a good album comming soon.
----
---------
CRODv
17.04.2008 - 11:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Quote:
Written by LeChron James on 15.04.2008 at 13:03

dude if you listen to the lyrics, in the second verse when they start talking about the Troubadour, that was basically about themselves in the 80s during their heyday. THEY MADE A SONG ABOUT THEMSELVES and what they USED to do, how they USED to be on top of the world. im sorry, i just dont see this as a comeback, but more as an epitaph

I see the lyrics more like them saying "this is what we've established" kind of a celebration of there career, and where they came from. Lots of bands do the same thing, Motorhead did it with 'Whorehouse Blues'....and 'Built For Speed', Ozzy did that on his latest album with 'Never Gonna Stop' (okay bad example, that album wasn't that great). But altogether more of a look back on their career, you can see it in the lyrics "We are, we are the saints
We signed our life away" I really dont see how those lyrics say anything about their motives for recording another album. A reminiscence of ones career doesn't necessarily mean they're only out to get money.
----
- George Carlin
08.08.2008 - 00:20
freddie420666

Quote:
Written by Doc G. on 17.04.2008 at 11:05

I see the lyrics more like them saying "this is what we've established" kind of a celebration of there career, and where they came from. Lots of bands do the same thing, Motorhead did it with 'Whorehouse Blues'....and 'Built For Speed', Ozzy did that on his latest album with 'Never Gonna Stop' (okay bad example, that album wasn't that great). But altogether more of a look back on their career, you can see it in the lyrics "We are, we are the saints
We signed our life away" I really dont see how those lyrics say anything about their motives for recording another album. A reminiscence of ones career doesn't necessarily mean they're only out to get money.

it really doesnt matter.
motle crue was a glam band.
and glam bands are a fucking disgrace to metal.

so fuck motle crue.
08.08.2008 - 02:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Quote:
Written by freddie420666 on 08.08.2008 at 00:20

it really doesnt matter.

so fuck motle crue.

Greatest argument ever. I mean, that point was so genius I don't even know how to argue against it! You made yourself sound really intelligent, not to mention it was completely relevant and you totally proved a point. I also gotta say I love the initiative you took to purposely spell a bands name wrong not once but twice when its written right above the text box, I mean, no one could possibly do that by accident! You also managed to put this all into what appears to be haiku format. Like I said, pure genius. Your also so awesome and tr00, I mean, someone who has a favorite bands list consisting 90% of Metalcore can totally determine what is and isn't a disgrace to metal.
----
- George Carlin
08.08.2008 - 16:58
freddie420666

Quote:
Written by Doc G. on 08.08.2008 at 02:11

it really doesnt matter.

so fuck motle crue.

Greatest argument ever. I mean, that point was so genius I don't even know how to argue against it! You made yourself sound really intelligent, not to mention it was completely relevant and you totally proved a point. I also gotta say I love the initiative you took to purposely spell a bands name wrong not once but twice when its written right above the text box, I mean, no one could possibly do that by accident! You also managed to put this all into what appears to be haiku format. Like I said, pure genius. Your also so awesome and tr00, I mean, someone who has a favorite bands list consisting 90% of Metalcore can totally determine what is and isn't a disgrace to metal.

fuck MOTLEY CRUE.
there you go.

and are you saying "metal core"
or w/e the fuck you called it, is a disgrace to metal??
13.08.2008 - 05:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Quote:
Written by freddie420666 on 08.08.2008 at 16:58

it really doesnt matter.

so fuck motle crue.

fuck MOTLEY CRUE.
there you go.

First of all, youve already proved multiple times how incapable you are of arguing on a mature level. Secondly I find it hilarious how a person how does not know what Metalcore is is deciding what is and isnt a disgrace to metal, so heres a little education, its loosely defined as thrash metal mixed with hardcore breakdowns and melodic death metal tendencies, when in definition form it does not sound too bad, but frankly the majority of it, Bullet For My Valentine and As I Lay Dying in particular are screamo garbage, (screamo= Screaming + Emo, get it?), perhaps you'll understand someday. Im not one to play the 'Tr00ism' card often, but when I see someone doing it when theyve got metalcore being there dominant taste they really dont have much of a right saying Motley Crue is a disgrace to metal. Trivum is a prime example of metal disgrace, once a metalcore band, they got made fun of to the point where they ditched their style to appeal more legitimate in the metal crowd but instead of creating something unique they ripped Metallica off really bad, so its hard which Trivium to hate more, the screamo metalcore Trivium? or the Metallica wannabe Trivium?

To mods: The points I have just made may seem irrelevant, but frankly he came in here bashing a band with no logical reasoning so I brought some stuff up for the sake of the argument.
----
- George Carlin
13.08.2008 - 06:22
AICJunkie
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Doc G. on 13.08.2008 at 05:30

it really doesnt matter.

so fuck motle crue.

fuck MOTLEY CRUE.
there you go.

First of all, youve already proved multiple times how incapable you are of arguing on a mature level. Secondly I find it hilarious how a person how does not know what Metalcore is is deciding what is and isnt a disgrace to metal, so heres a little education, its loosely defined as thrash metal mixed with hardcore breakdowns and melodic death metal tendencies, when in definition form it does not sound too bad, but frankly the majority of it, Bullet For My Valentine and As I Lay Dying in particular are screamo garbage, (screamo= Screaming + Emo, get it?), perhaps you'll understand someday. Im not one to play the 'Tr00ism' card often, but when I see someone doing it when theyve got metalcore being there dominant taste they really dont have much of a right saying Motley Crue is a disgrace to metal. Trivum is a prime example of metal disgrace, once a metalcore band, they got made fun of to the point where they ditched their style to appeal more legitimate in the metal crowd but instead of creating something unique they ripped Metallica off really bad, so its hard which Trivium to hate more, the screamo metalcore Trivium? or the Metallica wannabe Trivium?

To mods: The points I have just made may seem irrelevant, but frankly he came in here bashing a band with no logical reasoning so I brought some stuff up for the sake of the argument.

Well I for one enjoy Trivium. Sure they're not the best or most original, but they're one of the few metalcore bands you'll catch me listening to. I'll agree about BFMV, because I'm not fond of them at all. I'll also agree about As I Lay Dying, but that's based solely on the fact that I'm not really familiar with much of their stuff. But let's forget Trivium for a second and take into account some of the other stuff you've said. Essentially you're saying almost all (Note how I said almost because you used the word majority earlier) metalcore sucks. So you're basically saying about metalcore what Freddie said about glam and Motley Crue. You're taking an entire genre and saying it sucks and is a disgrace to metal. I really just don't see that as fair, and when you're criticizing someone for disrespecting a genre of music, you resort to doing the same thing yourself. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that pretty fucking hypocritical.
13.08.2008 - 06:46
freddie420666

Quote:
Written by Guest on 13.08.2008 at 06:22

Written by Doc G. on 13.08.2008 at 05:30

it really doesnt matter.

so fuck motle crue.

fuck MOTLEY CRUE.
there you go.

Well I for one enjoy Trivium. Sure they're not the best or most original, but they're one of the few metalcore bands you'll catch me listening to. I'll agree about BFMV, because I'm not fond of them at all. I'll also agree about As I Lay Dying, but that's based solely on the fact that I'm not really familiar with much of their stuff. But let's forget Trivium for a second and take into account some of the other stuff you've said. Essentially you're saying almost all (Note how I said almost because you used the word majority earlier) metalcore sucks. So you're basically saying about metalcore what Freddie said about glam and Motley Crue. You're taking an entire genre and saying it sucks and is a disgrace to metal. I really just don't see that as fair, and when you're criticizing someone for disrespecting a genre of music, you resort to doing the same thing yourself. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that pretty fucking hypocritical.

i appreciate the backup donald (AICJunkie).
good point on the hypocritical theory. i mean fact.
but dr. rock. i know what screamo means. but i dont label these bands by screamo, metalcore, death metal, etc. to me those are just genres that immature little bastards have came up with to prove some pointless shit. i label these bands as just plain 'ol metal. these bands are just metal to me/us just like bands from the 80's were just metal to the people of the 80's. i dont think metal should have all different stereotypical names like melodic metal, sex metal, psycho metal and all that bullshit. and its funny how you get back at me for hating on a band with no reason for it when you turned around and done the same thing but with THREE bands instead of one. dont tell me why AILD, BFMV, Trivium and bands alike suck. tell me why motley crue DOESN'T suck. tell me why my point was wrong. this is a motley crue forum, not Bullet For My Valentine, As I Lay Dying, Trivium or your definition of their music forum.
15.08.2008 - 07:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

No, you misunderstood my point entirely. If you've ever read any other posts Ive done, you'd notice I'm far from elitist, the fact that I think the majority of metalcore sucks is entire irrelevant. The point I was trying to make was that someone with those musical tastes does not have much of a right to state what is and isn't a disgrace to metal. Like what you want, if your a BFMV fan I couldn't care less, in fact I can see why some people might enjoy them, but I think its really ironic when someone like that pulls the tr00ism card. So in fact, he is more of the hypocrite in this situation.
----
- George Carlin
15.08.2008 - 07:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Quote:
Quote:
Written by freddie420666 on 13.08.2008 at 06:46

Quote:
i appreciate the backup donald (AICJunkie).
good point on the hypocritical theory. i mean fact.

Read my post above.
Quote:
immature little bastards have came up with to prove some pointless shit.

Aren't you like 15? And I wasn't the one coming in here bashing a band with no intelligent reasoning, no whos the hypocrite? And whats immature about sub-categorizing music to describe its sound? When I tell someone they should check out a band, its easier to say "Melodic Death Metal" or whatever than saying "they are a heavy metal group using deep gutteral vocals, heavy bass and neo-classical riffage" its just a way of desribing the bands sound a bit.

i label these bands as just plain 'ol metal. these bands are just metal to me/us just like bands from the 80's were just metal to the people of the 80's. i dont think metal should have all different stereotypical names like melodic metal, sex metal, psycho metal and all that bullshit.

I dont know about most of those silly sub-genre names you listed, but a lot of subgenre names ACTUALLY describes the sound of the genre, like melodic death metal, I think that is self explanatory. Im repeating myself here....oh well, doubt my point will get through anyways.

Quote:
and its funny how you get back at me for hating on a band with no reason for it when you turned around and done the same thing but with THREE bands instead of one. dont tell me why AILD, BFMV, Trivium and bands alike suck. tell me why motley crue DOESN'T suck. tell me why my point was wrong. this is a motley crue forum, not Bullet For My Valentine, As I Lay Dying, Trivium or your definition of their music forum.

Whether I think metalcore sucks or not is not the point, Im just stating a fact that someone who listens to a heavily marketed genre, heavily marketed to 14 year olds at that, does not really have much of a right to pull the "tr00 metalhead" card. Secondly Trivium becoming a Metallica knock-off is not MY definition, stupidly similar riffs and vocals is not exactly an opinion, its a fact if you were to actually compare the 2 in written form (notes and such) it would probably be shockingly similar.

----
- George Carlin
15.08.2008 - 08:40
AICJunkie
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 15.08.2008 at 07:16

No, you misunderstood my point entirely. If you've ever read any other posts Ive done, you'd notice I'm far from elitist, the fact that I think the majority of metalcore sucks is entire irrelevant. The point I was trying to make was that someone with those musical tastes does not have much of a right to state what is and isn't a disgrace to metal. Like what you want, if your a BFMV fan I couldn't care less, in fact I can see why some people might enjoy them, but I think its really ironic when someone like that pulls the tr00ism card. So in fact, he is more of the hypocrite in this situation.

Fair enough. Seeing as how the statment was a retaliation to "what is a disgrace to metal?" then I suppose I did misunderstand what I read. I saw that you called out Trivium (a band a like, whether people like it or not) and metalcore just as Freddie had called out Motley Crue and glam, it led me to believe you were being hypocritical. Seeing as how you only brought out the metalcore arguement as part of the "disgrace to metal" arguement started by Freddie bashing the Crue, then I retract my statement of calling you a hypocrite. Also, you didn't call out metalcore on a metalcore thread and appear to have kept your opinions on it to youself until the Crue was bashed. So again, I take back the statement made in my previous post.
16.08.2008 - 03:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 08:40

Written by Doc G. on 15.08.2008 at 07:16

Fair enough. Seeing as how the statment was a retaliation to "what is a disgrace to metal?" then I suppose I did misunderstand what I read. I saw that you called out Trivium (a band a like, whether people like it or not) and metalcore just as Freddie had called out Motley Crue and glam, it led me to believe you were being hypocritical. Seeing as how you only brought out the metalcore arguement as part of the "disgrace to metal" arguement started by Freddie bashing the Crue, then I retract my statement of calling you a hypocrite. Also, you didn't call out metalcore on a metalcore thread and appear to have kept your opinions on it to youself until the Crue was bashed. So again, I take back the statement made in my previous post.

Yeah, I mean, like I said, its got nothing to do with what I think of Trivium, its just about the whole disgrace to metal thing that kind of made me laugh after reading his profile. Listen to what you want, its not my place to tell people what sucks and what doesn't until they cross the line, like our friend up there did, and even then, it was more about telling him any reason Motley Crue are a "disgrace to metal" so are a lot of metalcore groups.
----
- George Carlin

Hits total: 3977 | This month: 5