03. Enemy Inside
04. The God Of All Mistakes
05. Diablo's Odiado
06. Stainer
07. Injected Lies
08. Undermind
09. Egomaniac
10. Threatened By A New Plague

Eminence was formed in Belo Horizonte (Brazil) in 1995. The band plays some kind of modern Thrash/Death Metal, and even if they're not so famous yet I'm sure that all the people who like bands like Machine Head or even the last albums of Sepultura should find something for them in this release. Eminence is not a band which have created something really new but they're good to play their music.

If you like Power Thrash, if you use to listen to Machine Head or Lamb Of God I think that "The God Of All Mistakes" will not be a disappointing album for you. Of course Eminence is not the first band which plays such kind of music but they do it well and their new album is full of catchy songs. Actually, you must be open minded and like modern sonorities (there are electronic sounds on this record) to enjoy this release but the really big groovy riffs of the albums are cool and the aggressive vocals of Wallace Parreiras are really good. Plus, the singer uses to alternate Death vocals with clean ones and it's not bad at all in the end. This album is violent but groovy that's its main force but as I said already, even if it's good there is nothing new in "The God Of All Mistakes".

The album was produced by Tue Madsen (The Haunted, Dark Tranquillity, Halford?) which means that the sound is really good. Now that the band is signed by Locomotive Records I think that they will cross the frontiers and oceans and start to become famous outside of Brazil. This band will probably find a lot of fans in the USA, maybe a bit less in Europe but anyway the popularity should come for Eminence now. Just remember that you must like Power Thrash and if you're in this category just check this album, it should be a good surprise.

With "The God Of All Mistakes", Eminence is not doing a musical revolution. Their sound is classic but well done so if you're into violent modern bands don't forget to have a look on "The God Of All Mistakes". This album is more than correct and well interpreted, it will not become legendary but you can be sure that you'll pass a good moment while you'll listen to it.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 10.04.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 23 users
16.04.2008 - 06:43
fatguymercenary

yeh it's a good album I would give it about a 8

Hits total: 5966 | This month: 4