Metal Storm logo
Metal Stormers Meeting At Hellfest 2008

16.04.2008 - 16:56
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Ok guys and gals, we must talk about good things now!

Every year I open this thread and every year we failed to do a good meeting.

This year WE WILL DO IT!

So, first, who will come to the Hellfest? Where will you be? camping, hotel? Which band don't you want to miss? (it can be a good way to do a meeting during an uninteresting band...).

Let us know to try to organize a good meeting to drink a beer together and to take good pictures!

Metal Storm is an official partner this year. A lot of people from the staff will be there to cover the fest. If you want to meet us, just come near of the VIP/Press Tent, it shouldn't be hard to find us there.

To the other who still don't know what Hellfest is =>

http://www.flydesigners.com/newsletters/hellfest/images/hell-news_01.jpg

http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/event.php?event_id=13319

http://www.hellfest.fr

PS: Wrathchild will be there and he is still looking for a cute a sweet brunette!
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
16.04.2008 - 17:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I will be there

Staying at a hotel

Good time for a meeting would be during Helloween vs Gamma Ray
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.04.2008 - 17:30
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Ill be there too!
Staying in a tent, unfortunately...

And a good time for a meeting would be during Helloween vs Gamma Ray for me as well.
16.04.2008 - 17:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I hope to be there, probably will. I only need to see two bands (Mayhem & Shining), so I'll be available for meeting a lot of the time. Of course I'll be seeing a ton of other bands, but for those two, I'm absolutely unavailable.

And I will probably be staying in a tent.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.04.2008 - 17:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wont be because to far and expencive but my heart and soul be whit you and my spirit will stay in wine yeards near Nantes and other part will search for Les Brigattes Noire

But I dont know about next year probonly gonna miss MS meetimg too but in close future whan I get soem money why not

But ewery body who's comre to Latvia and Nordic Swe PM me ,maybe w ecan figure something out
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.04.2008 - 21:06
Deadsoulman

I'll be there, sleeping in a tent (comfort is so not metal), roaming around with a beer in my hand and seeing tons of bands.
MS meetings never happen anyway, so I won't bother trying to find a spot for it
16.04.2008 - 22:06
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Actually, we've been quite successful at having them at Wacken over the last two years...
Im sure we can do it here as well!
17.04.2008 - 00:32
wrathchild

I'll be there, tenting (a lot better when it comes to meetings). I hope to get there by Thursday afternoon and I do hope to meet a lot of you guys. So don't be shy if you see a MS t-shirt and come and say "Hi"!
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
17.04.2008 - 12:34
Baz Anderson

yep! and of course I will be there again this year!!
I think it is a bad idea to try and sort a meeting while bands are playing during the day, because there are so many of us going - at least one person is going to want to see a band on at any given time..

I will be camping - so the people that will be there the night before can meet up that night, but during the festival - I don't know how we could do it.
it would be nice to get another picture with everyone in again this year
17.04.2008 - 16:22
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
i will also be there thrusday evening, so a nice big drinking party on that night is defintely a great idea!!!
17.04.2008 - 17:28
Deadsoulman

I hope to be there on Thursday evening too, and the perspective of drinking with you guys sounds quite fun
17.04.2008 - 21:43
Aghahowa

I wiil be there too, also in camping, I will arrive at clisson on thursday evening.
I will be really occupied because i'm journalist in another metal webzine, but if I recognize anyone (with MS t-shirt for example), it will be fun to talk behind a beer.

My priorities are : (it means I will be at the 1st row in the center)
Venom - Krisiun - Carcass - Mayhem - Testament (friday)
Sodom - Impaled Nazarene (Saturday)
Slayer - Motörhead - Morbid Angel - Forbidden (Sunday)

-----------------------------------------------

On the Hellfest website, in "links" part.
There are all the bands myspace links.

See : there is a new band : H20 (famous hardcore / punk band).
17.04.2008 - 21:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I'll get my ass there on thursday evening too! Wiej!

Anyway, if you see a small, blonde guy, with an MS shirt, and (perhaps) some hairs on his chin: that's me! Say hi, I don't bite, I'd like to meet y'all.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.04.2008 - 20:28
Aghahowa

ok !
19.04.2008 - 07:31
Aghahowa

On a french website, we can see the running order in really bad presentation :

http://www.nantes.maville.com/Agenda/re/agenda_details/sortir_946408-_agenda.html

(read 00am for 23h58 and 1am for 23h59)

I've done an Excel to reorganize it. This is the result :

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=runningordervi3.jpg

Someone who knows the real running order told me that I'm "really really close".
Enjoy
(sorry, my planning is in french)
19.04.2008 - 14:16
Baz Anderson

that running order shows Gamma Ray and Helloween on different stages at different times.. I imagined this special show would have them both on the same stage at the same time

also last year there were only two stages worth watching (apart from 1349 on the discover stage) - what is happening this year?? are they going to turn that little tent that was the discover stage into another proper stage?

if so that means there will be way way more clashes this year - because last year it was just more of a case of switching from main stage to gibson stage whenever each band finished.. and I liked that!

still, good to see the top bands will get more than just one hour each this year!!!
20.04.2008 - 01:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Baz Anderson on 19.04.2008 at 14:16

that running order shows Gamma Ray and Helloween on different stages at different times.. I imagined this special show would have them both on the same stage at the same time

That's what I thought as well since it said Helloween vs Gamma Ray that would mean both of them on one stage or both playing different stages at the same timeslot (which is also not the case)
As in the case the chart shows there is NOTHING special about the Helloween, Gamma Ray shows.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.04.2008 - 11:31
Aghahowa

No problem for Helloween + Gamma Ray
It will be a show like at Paris in january 5th - 6th.
The Helloween show is 1h15 longer
20.04.2008 - 12:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
When Helloween and Gamma Ray play ist bette rtry some nice wines if that area how run from one stage to other
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2008 - 13:52
Aghahowa

The 2 main stages will side by side
20.04.2008 - 18:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Aghahowa on 20.04.2008 at 13:52

The 2 main stages will side by side

I hate that set-up of two main stages side by side, because you will get an overlap and thus the sound interfering with each other as well.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.04.2008 - 18:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
OKay another question...

WHY THE HELL are the Cavalera COnspiracy HEADLINING. Only released ONE album... Mmm some company paid a lot of money to get them to headline I guess.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.04.2008 - 18:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.04.2008 at 18:16

OKay another question...

WHY THE HELL are the Cavalera COnspiracy HEADLINING. Only released ONE album... Mmm some company paid a lot of money to get them to headline I guess.

Thats why I dint like so much fests, iMO dutch doom fest 2007 was best in world
In such fest be some band what I dont wanna hear and listen CD to
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2008 - 18:46
wrathchild

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.04.2008 at 18:16

OKay another question...

I share your feelings towards this and the Helloween/Gamma Ray shows. It really amazed me to see that just weeks after the Cavalera Conspiracy album was released, shows were scheduled and massively addvertised for (at least, here in Paris). Damn, I never liked Max Cavalera...
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
20.04.2008 - 18:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by wrathchild on 20.04.2008 at 18:46

Damn, I never liked Max Cavalera...

Same here although he was alright in Sepultura upto Arise, but after that I just started disliking the man, always goign on about his stepson etc etc. and his music went downhill m,assively as well after Arise.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.04.2008 - 18:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Fuck I can't see Candlemass Will be at Shining then, and I suppose Watain will also put on a sick show (eventhough I'm not that fond of them) so I'll miss Candlemass. Otherwise, not too many clashes for me.
----

20.04.2008 - 18:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 20.04.2008 at 18:50

Fuck I can't see Candlemass Will be at Shining then, and I suppose Watain will also put on a sick show (eventhough I'm not that fond of them) so I'll miss Candlemass. Otherwise, not too many clashes for me.

Yes I noticed that too. That is the worst imaginabl;e clash for me
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.04.2008 - 18:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.04.2008 at 18:53

You know, if the Ashes To Ashes, Doom To Dust festival is confirmed, I might even skip Shining and see Candlemass. That way I can see them both. Though I probably wouldn't do it anyway, as you never know with Shining..
----

20.04.2008 - 18:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 20.04.2008 at 18:56

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.04.2008 at 18:53

You know, if the Ashes To Ashes, Doom To Dust festival is confirmed, I might even skip Shining and see Candlemass. That way I can see them both. Though I probably wouldn't do it anyway, as you never know with Shining..

I did a bit of informing last Friday and it is 95% certain the Ashes To Ashes, Doom To Dust festival is on. Now all we have to do is try to get accreditations.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.04.2008 - 21:11
Baz Anderson

hmm, the two main stages next to each other like Wacken.. interesting!!!
this could be really good!!
it isn't like bands will be on both main stages at the same time