Poll

Which You Love Most?

Cliff Burton
Jason Newsted

Total votes: 160
21.04.2008 - 16:20
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I know that all metallica fans Love "Jason Newsted" And "Cliff Burton" Both. But all of us heard from eachother that cause "Jason" dont use his fingers when he plays guitar,Cliff was better. But after "Robert Trujillo" entered the band who uses his fingers on bass, I think a lot of us suddenly knew that what "Jason" was for "Metallica".if I want to choose one of them which is the hardest thing that i can do! I choose "Jason" cause he did somthing that would have made "CLiff" happy in my opinion.

I Know Both Are Legends, Vote For The Best
21.04.2008 - 16:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha, I wonder who'll win! :
Of course I choose Cliff, he played during the bands magnus opus. The early Metallica days were the highlights of Metal music IMO. Cliff wrote some (few) killer stuff and will always remain as one of the most classic Metal figures.
I like Newsted too, think he's awesome. Love his harsh vocals in the background at Metallica shows.
----
21.04.2008 - 16:50
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 21.04.2008 at 16:44

Hahaha, I wonder who'll win! :
Of course I choose Cliff, he played during the bands magnus opus. The early Metallica days were the highlights of Metal music IMO. Cliff wrote some (few) killer stuff and will always remain as one of the most classic Metal figures.
I like Newsted too, think he's awesome. Love his harsh vocals in the background at Metallica shows.

if u like newsted find the band called "Sexoturica" which jason sings death metal in it.(year 2004)
21.04.2008 - 17:03
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
What exactly are we looking at here? Is it who is more influential? Or who actually is a better musician? If it is based on influence, then of course everyone will vote for Cliff, and post plenty of OMG's, RIP's, and whatever else. But if we are actually looking at who is a better musician, the answer is Jason Newsted. He has better tone, that is for sure, also, Jason was able to play different styles. Maybe if Cliff had lived longer we would have heard more material from him, but that is only wishing. Newsted is just an overall better player.
----
(space for rent)
21.04.2008 - 18:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wont say much because it wont love long this poll because member didnt read rulles but I like Cliff because he wa sin beggining, his hair was better, Jason cut 'em, and I like his time music better but jason sint bad too, but still roots are roots
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.04.2008 - 20:35
Baz Anderson

Read the forum rules at the top of the metal arena, you must explain your thread more - we don't know what we are judging on, and we don't even know your opinion.
Why should users bother responding when you clearly put so much effort in your opening post.

- ok, now we have a proper opening post - lets have another go at this thread!!
21.04.2008 - 20:56
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I choose Cliff. Simply by listening to the "Anesthesia", he entered my top bassists list. Though Ive seen Jason live diong some improvisations and stuff, and it sounded awesome as well. Anyway, I would certainly choose any of these two over Trujilo. After he entered the band, their music degraded even more, coincidence or not...
----
21.04.2008 - 21:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Now you done write my friend and I vote now for Cliff because reasons what I give in firts post
----

apos;'
[image]
21.04.2008 - 21:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Stalker on 21.04.2008 at 20:56

I would certainly choose any of these two over Trujilo. After he entered the band, their music degraded even more, coincidence or not...

what did Rob write? Not a single song. He entered Metallica AFTER St. Anger had been recorded.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.04.2008 - 21:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
in the very early 90's my sister was in band in High School (she played quads). their band leader/teacher was flying home from wherever and struck up a conversation with the long haired dude next to him on the plane and as they both loved music, they hit it off.

turns out that the guy next to him was Jason Newsted, who at the end of the flight cut a check to the school band to help cover the costs of some instruments and gear they needed. The band leader didn't know who he was at first, never asked for anything, either... Jason just did it.

i liked both bassists, but he gets my vote for the kind gesture.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.04.2008 - 21:36
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.04.2008 at 21:26

Written by Stalker on 21.04.2008 at 20:56

I would certainly choose any of these two over Trujilo. After he entered the band, their music degraded even more, coincidence or not...

what did Rob write? Not a single song. He entered Metallica AFTER St. Anger had been recorded.

Well, I said "coincidence or not" , it seems then that the answer is "coincidence"
----
22.04.2008 - 00:46
Metal_Militia

//Wow is this really even a fair question? All hail CLIFF BURTON //
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

22.04.2008 - 02:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Cliff, the albums with him seem to be the only decent ones IMO.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.04.2008 - 03:20
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I obviously love Cliff better than Newsted...if he didn't die he wouldn't still been in Metallica and the band wouldn't have succumb to shit...
22.04.2008 - 03:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 22.04.2008 at 03:20

I obviously love Cliff better than Newsted...if he didn't die he wouldn't still been in Metallica and the band wouldn't have succumb to shit...

That's speculation. There is no way of knowing.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.04.2008 - 09:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 22.04.2008 at 03:22

He would cut his hair such people never do it, and thay wont play shit like St. Anger
----

apos;'
[image]
22.04.2008 - 10:05
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 22.04.2008 at 09:25

He would cut his hair such people never do it, and thay wont play shit like St. Anger

im not agree. for example Bruce Dickinson , Rob Halford , Ihsahn and , Kerry King and .... cut their hairs. it doesnt mean that they r not nice now. but yes im agree that metalheads love long hairs ,i love it too. what u think about Rober? u think its better than Jason cause he has long hairs?
22.04.2008 - 10:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.04.2008 at 10:05

Written by Bad English on 22.04.2008 at 09:25

im not agree. for example Bruce Dickinson , Rob Halford , Ihsahn and , Kerry King and .... cut their hairs. it doesnt mean that they r not nice now. but yes im agree that metalheads love long hairs ,i love it too. what u think about Rober? u think its better than Jason cause he has long hairs?

Rob done it it in werry old days and his hair was weird, Bruce done it because he is pilit , Kerry King I neve rhad like him aftre he cut hair he looks so weird just like sold his part of soul, Ihsahn dont remeber him whit long , but usualy people change and muisc change after cutt hait, IM are only who didnt change to bad side, but in metallica case thay start ploay more rock n hevay metal how thrtash in short hait era
----

apos;'
[image]
22.04.2008 - 16:06
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted

i enjoyed the story when i read it. and yeah jason deserves to choose as cliff deserves but i dont know why when someone dites everyone worships him/her. for example chuck schuldiner as i know didnt have enough money to pay for his illness,i mean if they have a lot of fans so why didnt he have the money?!!
but now when u look at Dave Mustain vs Chuck at forums chuck wins,but its so clear that dave is better.all of these words ive said didnt mean that Cliif THE GREAT is low,no not he is great but i cant close my eyes and say Jason entered Metallica and metallca sux cause of Jason . its funny that some ppl say somthin like this.
22.04.2008 - 18:20
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
The one and only.. Cliff!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
22.04.2008 - 18:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think Metallica would've evolved the same way with Cliff since Hetfield and Ulrich writes like 99,9 % of the music.
----
22.04.2008 - 19:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
winner winner chicken dinner.
----

22.04.2008 - 21:19
Charly546

I've always liked Jason Newsted. Not for his work in Metallica, which isn't even a fraction of what he can do, but for his work in Voivod and Flotsam & Jetsam. Newsteds bass on "Katorz" is just mindblowing. And on the other hand I've never really cared for Cliff Burtons bass. Good, but seriously overhyped.
24.04.2008 - 03:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Jason Newsted, but more for his work in Flotsam & Jetsam.
24.04.2008 - 15:18
Hangar XVIII

I am a huge Metallica fan. I voted Cliff Burton, but I still feel like Newstead is getting the short end of the stick. Sometimes we forget that he played on classics like And Justice For All and the Black album.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
25.04.2008 - 09:36
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Newsted has been a very sofisticated musician, cliff was the craziest, but newsted have technique.
25.04.2008 - 10:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Both of them are great and energetic on stage, Newsted was great live, I feel he really had fun and made the audience want to have as much fun as him as well. But as far as Metallica is concerned it seems to be that Cliff wrote great bass riffs for Metallica, the best they had so I'm voting for him although I like both.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.04.2008 - 22:55
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 22.04.2008 at 18:32

I think Metallica would've evolved the same way with Cliff since Hetfield and Ulrich writes like 99,9 % of the music.

I second that.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.04.2008 - 06:46
selken
Irreligious
Don't make polls where a contendant is dead, his ghost will move people mouses to his name xD xD xD
----
30.04.2008 - 13:50
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by selken on 29.04.2008 at 06:46

Don't make polls where a contendant is dead, his ghost will move people mouses to his name xD xD xD

i dont even know if there is a soul or not !