04. Neurotica Rampage
05. The Analyst
06. Grand Failure Anthem
07. Structure Divine
08. Shadowchild
09. Final Fatal Force
10. A Predator's Portrait
11. Asylum Dance [Japanese and Korean bonus]

Soilwork's third album is a true blessing for any fan of death metal. This album races along without a single low point - it is undoubtedly their best work to date (though "Natural Born Chaos" is about to be released). Every song contains the perfect blend of melodic/death vocals, drumming, bass lines, and guitar riffs that are godly enough to make your hair stand on end. Besides, the whole album is ridiculously catchy. The first track, "Bastard's Chain", lets you know right away what you're in for - a relished kick in the face. The sound is so fit together - you won't believe what you're listening to! Guitarists Peter Wichers and Ola Frenning seem to have crafted their artistry as close to perfection as possible. Ola Flink's bass lines add to the band's heavy kick. Choosing a favorite song is tough, but I think the second track - "Like The Average Stalker", is the album's high point. The melodies on the song are somewhat chilling and the double-bass is accommodated exactly where it should be. Other "extra" highs, being that the whole album is incredible, may include "The Analyst", "Needlefeast", "Grand Failure Anthem", and especially "Shadowchild."

Bottom line - this is definitely worth your $15. If you like death metal, you are only hurting yourself if you do not own this album. What else would you expect from Sweden?

Written by | 22.09.2003

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 107 users
22.04.2008 - 11:04
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Good review. That's absolutly the best album from soilwork, i just didnt like ''The Analyst''.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
05.09.2008 - 01:29
Rating: 9
BlankFile

I agree with the Review. This album kicks ass. It´s a pity that Soilwork changed their sound drastically in their last albums. Kinda looks like the change of sound of In Flames. From Great Melodic Death to some kind of Nu Shit.
07.09.2008 - 14:26
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Great album from Soilwork, I don't know much more about Soilwork but I have this album.
And it's definately worth listening, especially if you like melodic metal.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 5623 | This month: 7