01. King Of Terror
02. March Into Hell
03. So Help Me God
04. Liquid Lightning
05. Enemies Of God
06. Revelation
07. Hell On Earth
08. Genesis

Third and last part of Charlie Dominici's last concept, "03 A Trilogy - Part 3" is probably the best album of this trilogy. I will even say that this album will probably be featured in the top 5 of the best progressive releases of the year 2008. When Dream Theater tends to disappoint their fans, Charlie Dominici, without doing a lot of noise, is coming back at the top of the Progressive Metal scene and I hope that you'll listen to his new album, it deserves it really.

If you like 90's Progressive Metal but with big balls, I'm sure that you'll love "03 A Trilogy - Part 3". I would try to avoid any comparison with an album like "Image And Words" but I can't because obviously the Dominici's last effort follow its steps! We have a big difference here though, "03 A Trilogy - Part 3" is ten time more violent than the album of Dream Theater. Actually the last Dominici is a great mix of classic 90's Progressive Metal with violent riffs a la Symphony X (I'm not saying that we have symphonic music here ok?). Except the really boring and kitsch ballad "So Help Me God " (the mistake of the album) all the songs are powerful, well done and complex with terrific guitar and keyboards soli. Ok, some choruses are a bit weak (especially the one of "King Of Terror" whish breaks a bit the energy of this excellent song) but all in all we have great hits on this release like "Liquid Lightning". So of course you must like old school Prog if you see what I mean but if you like Dream Theater or Queensrÿche, I'm sure that you'll fall in love with this release.

"03 A Trilogy - Part 3" is perfectly recorded and all the musicians, including the singer Charlie Dominici of course, are amazing musicians. I like such kind of heavy and loud powerful Progressive Metal, which is complex but not boring too. "03 A Trilogy - Part 3" is full of pure "in your face" compositions it's really good to see that Dominici is back in town and this time for good!

Best part of Dominici's trilogy, "03 A Trilogy - Part 3" is a must for all the ones who pretend to like Progressive Metal. Sure, it's classic on a side but the songs of this release are good. What a good surprise to listen to this album, I hope that we will hear a lot of news about Dominici in the future, this band rock really. Don't miss "03 A Trilogy - Part 3" this album is a little pearl of Prog Metal.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 24.04.2008

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 135 users
25.04.2008 - 02:56
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Hum.. this review made me very curious about Dominici. I'll have to check them out.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
25.04.2008 - 06:27
nb

Me too, I will definitely check it out
25.04.2008 - 09:00
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
He's releasing another album already? well, I haven't heard his solo project, maybe it's time now
25.04.2008 - 22:03
Zenzero
Zenzero
i know the players of band!! their name with the real singer is SOLID VISION!! they're great!!!
25.04.2008 - 23:51
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
This is by far the best of the three album. I was impressed with the first one, even if it was more chill rock than anything Metal.
----
(space for rent)
26.04.2008 - 08:26
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Interesting review i just may have to check this one out. I haven't heard any of Dominici's work besides what he did with Dream Theater 20 years ago, I will be most curious to check it out.

Hits total: 6333 | This month: 6