Metal Storm logo
Edguy - Preparing For Their Next Album

Edguy are currently preparing to hit the studio to work on the successor of their recent album "Rocket Ride".

Vocalist Tobias Sammet has posted the following update:

"People think that we are quite fast but that's not the truth. I completed the Avantasia album last autumn, the Avantasia songwriting itself was completed even way back in 2006. All the new ideas I've had since then could be taken for Edguy. In fact, this is a long time to refresh your creativity and gather new stuff. The material sounds very fresh, it embraces all the different trademarks of Edguy, I think it is a logical continuation of Rocket Ride and Hellfire Club. Maybe it doesn't come across as goofy as Rocket Ride, but I am sure if we have fun in the studio we'll have enough possibilities to ruin the day for notoriously bitter people, haha. Yet it's more bombastic and heavier, not too fast cause I really don't like pure Speed Metal that much anymore. I like Lavatory Love Machine, The Piper Never Dies, Mandrake and Sacrifice. There's three fast tracks, but they are all good, not 'just fast'! We'll enter the studio next week and work whenever producer Sascha Paeth and me come back from the Avantasia weekends."

Source: edguy.net
Band profile: Edguy
Posted: 26.04.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 113 users
26.04.2008 - 20:26
Baz Anderson

"not too fast cause I really don't like pure Speed Metal that much anymore"

ha, I think that is a lot of what people listen to Edguy for.. I certainly don't listen to them for their mid and slow paced songs
still, maybe I will like this - some slow songs on the new Avantasia were great
26.04.2008 - 21:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i liked most "Land of the Miracle" and "Theater of Salvation"...so slower tracks ...so i think i could be pleased with the new work
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.04.2008 - 23:52
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well if it is as well produced as "Hellfire Club" is, I think it will rock... But I have to say, I'm one of those bitter people who can't take a joke sometimes and didn't enjoy Rocket Ride so much... so hopefully they don't mess it all up too much in the studio, Looking forward to hearing the new material on the North American tour in the fall
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
27.04.2008 - 00:08
YoreLore

I do like Rocket Ride and the new Avantasia album, I do think that Michael Kiske has been talking to Tobias too much though .

Hopefully its good...but it seems to likes of Theater of Salvation wont be heard again
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
27.04.2008 - 07:11
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
please be better than rocket ride. and michael kiske is hazing tobias' musical vision. edguy speed metal is epic. not their slow stuff. not most of it at least.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.04.2008 - 14:09
GT
Coffee!!
Might be promising, but then again maybe not...I prefer the fast songs. Just have to wait and see
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.04.2008 - 15:45
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Hellfire Club and Rocket Ride are my favourite Edguy albums so I don't think this can be wrong
27.04.2008 - 18:10
neverbuilt2last
Account deleted
I liked Rocket Ride. Especially the song Save Me. Tobias writes what he knows is good so I bet it'll be as epic as always.
27.04.2008 - 19:00
santiagomp

Hey, that's really fast even if he says the opposite. Most of the bands take much longer than Tobi/Edguy to produce a new album and many bring so much needless singles to "win" time and to have the fans sitisficed. This is a great new. I like Tobi's melodies, fast or slow tracks. He has already a great production, this time i would like to have a tangentially songwriting - i miss it in some songs of The Scarecrow and in many of Rocket Ride. I will buy it on the release date!
27.04.2008 - 19:01
santiagomp

Hey, that's really fast even if he says the opposite. Most of the bands take much longer than Tobi/Edguy to produce a new album and many bring so much needless singles to "win" time and to have the fans sitisficed. This is a great new. I like Tobi's melodies, fast or slow tracks. He has already a great production, this time i would like to have a tangentially songwriting - i miss it in some songs of The Scarecrow and in many of Rocket Ride. I will buy it on the release date!
27.04.2008 - 19:01
santiagomp

28.04.2008 - 00:54
Nazgal
Account deleted
Looking forward to it. I hope it will be in the vein of Hellfire Club. That album was really good.
29.04.2008 - 06:54
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I like Edguy and Avantasia, each one has very good points but, my favorite songs are the the speedy ones, well, that's not completely true, I like also the slow ones, well, I don't care, in my opinion, Tobias Sammet's work has always great songs and great production. The problem is I think he is losing his touch quite fast, very, veeery fast.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
02.05.2008 - 21:50
iaberis
Advice Troll
Hehe, great news...
Tobias seems a very busy dude
----
Bitch! Please
05.05.2008 - 21:44
BlankFile

The Piper Never Dies is a killer song, like other Edguy songs from Hellfire Club, one of the best albums of Edguy, still i think Rocket Ride was way hard-rockish to be true. My favourite songs are the fast ones indeed, so i have to wait for the end result and listen to the album. I have to give it a try, even knowing that the last Avantasia album, in terms of style resembled a lot like Rocket Ride. Hope the new album can be much better than Rocket Ride.
15.05.2008 - 22:44
juanopereira

Edguy is one of my top5 bands. I Hope their new album be better than Rocket Ride.

Hits total: 3420 | This month: 7