Metal Storm logo
Corvus Corax (DE)

27.04.2008 - 21:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
ii dont mean the symphonic black band from USA with same name !!!

they remind me bands like Saltatio Mortis...so really nice piece of middle Europe medieval folk music

http://www.corvuscorax.de/
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.04.2008 - 23:38
Elodie Artour
Slania
I've got only one Corvus Corax album(and I've got it on an original CD). It's called"Cantus Buranus"-a very good live album.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
28.04.2008 - 09:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i own Venus Vina Musica and Kaltenberg Anno MMVII
----

28.04.2008 - 09:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmm never hera about this band and I search in MA and there was Symphonic Black Metal and enem that band I enver hear
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.04.2008 - 11:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
yes, but that is another Corvus Corax from USA
----

28.04.2008 - 11:32
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
This is my taekwondo teacher's wife's favourite band, but I have never downloaded or bought anything by them. The reason is that I once asked Metalstormers about Corvus Corax in the shoutbox and the first answer I got was that they manage to get the audience asleep in their gigs...
28.04.2008 - 11:37
GT
Coffee!!
If they are similar to Saltatio Mortis I better check them out because I really like SM Saltatio Mortis. I'll return when I've listened to some of their music
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.04.2008 - 13:13
owl

Corvus Corax are one of my favourite bands ever, but I really find it hard to fit them into Metal. They're pure acoustic medieval folk - and I absolutely love them that way.

I only saw them live last year and I was absolutely mesmerized. Whenever they return to portuguese stages, I'll be there.

To anyone who hasn't listened to them and wants a fine sample of their work, I recommend "Kaltenberg Anno MMVII", a compilation of their best songs.

"Cantus Buranus" is also a very interesting piece of work, but as far as I'm concerned, it's not exactly representative of what they use to do, it was more of an exception - a rather nice one.
----
01.08.2008 - 00:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
IMO there's not much metal in CC. They're folk, but they're indeed, the kings of minstrels, as they say in their myspace.
@Chris Amber:They're more similar to In Extremo than to Saltatio Mortis, IMO.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!