Metal Storm logo
Tarot

Original post

Posted by Vunts, 19.06.2006 - 19:44
Alright, i saw no thread for this band, so i decided to make one, even though i don't have much knowledge of them. So by starting off this discussion, i'd like some tips on what CDs i should concentrate more upon. I do believe i have everything they have released (excluding the best of...s), so i won't have any obstacles.

I have known about the band for about half a year, but there was one thing that always put me off. It was the vocals. Maybe i stumbled upon the wrong tracks, but today, when i decided to give them a try again, i was extremely happy when the vocals didn't annoy me. I knew before that i liked the music, but the voice...i couldn't get around it. Anyways, i started today with their latest CD (Suffer Our Pleasures) and then i passed on to For the Glory of Nothing. I haven't listened to either of them fully, but the songs that i've heard are really good. They keys stand out because they have a rather unique sound. I can't really similarize them to something others have done. I mean, Kamelot and Children of Bodom have a few key parts that are like totally the same. Tarot's keys just sound...different and cool. The guitars are also noteworthy and the vocalist seems rather talented actually.

The playlist just skipped to the song I'm Here from For the Glory of Nothing and the first thing that came to my mind after hearing the first few seconds was Korn While i find the information slightly disturbing and the distortion of the vocals of the song even more, it has a good pace and is enjoyable for the most part.

Anyways, discuss away. From the thread in the old version of metalstorm i read something along the lines that "Tarot is a metal classic that everyone should know". I dunno how much truth is in that, but i sure don't think that listening to this music will take a piece away from someone. It will more probably leave a memorable experience, which i'm thankful for.

Poll

The usual

I like them
Hadn't heard of them before this thread
I dislike them

Total votes: 37
21.11.2006 - 20:39
heresiarch
Forever Dead
@Warman - can I recommend? Get them all hehehe especially double cd compilation Shining Black
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
15.12.2006 - 09:57
Huse
Account deleted
Maybe the most legendary band from Finland ?
15.12.2006 - 18:13
MetalSpider

Ive only heard their last 2 albums Suffer our Pleasures and Crows Fly Black...they are pretty good.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
21.12.2006 - 19:28
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Here is something for the fans.Live performance Ashes to the stars I was at this gig sorry about the sound quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDh1b07e6fY
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
24.12.2006 - 03:05
CreativeAngels
Account deleted
bought Suffer our Pleasures and loved it good music
15.01.2007 - 00:30
Kaamos
Account deleted
Best heavy metal vocalist from Finland. "Suffer.." is very amusing album, their earlier stuff (I lent the compilation from library) was a bit harder to get into... the new, heavier style suits them well. I need more cd's.

Btw, check their latest video if you haven't yet:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_U1cS-VTPU
02.11.2008 - 08:07
Hrothdane

I really love this band. Marco's vocals are absolutely great, so much so that I lament how little his talents have been used in Nightwish.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
02.11.2008 - 18:28
Ernis
狼獾
Well, from now on, Nightwish has been placing heavier stress on his vocals....
02.11.2008 - 19:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by heresiarch on 21.12.2006 at 19:28

Here is something for the fans.Live performance Ashes to the stars I was at this gig sorry about the sound quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDh1b07e6fY

In band home page are IMO 8 live video from mid 90's and thay are verry good
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.03.2010 - 14:06
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Listening to "Gravity Of Light" now and I think I am very disappointed... It was one of the albums that I was lookinf forward to the most =/
----
loves 小巫
11.03.2010 - 22:26
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Irritable Ted on 11.03.2010 at 19:14

Written by Ag Fox on 11.03.2010 at 14:06

Listening to "Gravity Of Light" now and I think I am very disappointed... It was one of the albums that I was lookinf forward to the most =/

So not worth getting then? I was looking forward to this one as well. What's so wrong with it?
I can't exactly tell you what's wrong yet because I only listened to it once for now. Right now, all I can say is that it sounds forced and uninspired. The keyboards are there for nothing while Marco's vocals which I normally dig massively generally lacks the "Power". Gone a bit more towards the Heavy Metal side as well, which is not nessecary a bad thing when done correctly, but I don't think they did. I'm going back to "Crows Fly Black" for the time being and listen to "Gravity of Light" later in the week again
----
loves 小巫
12.03.2010 - 14:45
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Irritable Ted on 11.03.2010 at 22:33

Written by Ag Fox on 11.03.2010 at 22:26

Written by Irritable Ted on 11.03.2010 at 19:14

Written by Ag Fox on 11.03.2010 at 14:06

So not worth getting then? I was looking forward to this one as well. What's so wrong with it?
I can't exactly tell you what's wrong yet because I only listened to it once for now. Right now, all I can say is that it sounds forced and uninspired. The keyboards are there for nothing while Marco's vocals which I normally dig massively generally lacks the "Power". Gone a bit more towards the Heavy Metal side as well, which is not nessecary a bad thing when done correctly, but I don't think they did. I'm going back to "Crows Fly Black" for the time being and listen to "Gravity of Light" later in the week again

I've heard the single and it didn't blow me away, I am a big fan of the previous two albums and the live DVD is good as well.

How did you get it early I thought it came out in another month?
I'm a huge fan of the previous two albums too.
Anyway, I downloaded it illegally as normal, then would buy if I like it (and see it physically in a shop). But I obviously won't buy it unless sth drastic changes my mind
----
loves 小巫
16.03.2010 - 14:39
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Irritable Ted on 15.03.2010 at 17:12

I've now heard it all on Youtube and I really like it. It is an equal to the previous two albums, the production sounds bigger, maybe a little less aggressive.

I will be getting this on release.
you serious!? I'll probably re listen to it soon and make another verdict
----
loves 小巫