Metal Storm logo
New Profile Stat: Profile Edits

29.04.2008 - 19:55
Lord TJ
I posted this idea in the suggestions thread, but haven't gotten much feedback on my idea. So I figured a thread would help capture more attention, including the fact that this is more than just a small tiny suggestion.

A counter on how many profile edits made.

- We have a counter for just about anything else.
- I would definitly like to see how many edits I have made, as well as others.
- It would also help show more on how people are contributing to the site.

The link on the number of edits made would show:
A. Number of Band Profiles edited.
- Displays what albums the user added to discography.
- Displays what albums the user added lyrics to.
- Displays what musicians the user added to the lineup.
etc.

B. Number of Musician Profiles edited.
- Displays which musician profiles the user edited.

So basically to break it down further...

In your profile, along with post count and topics created,

Profile Edits - 30

30 being the link (representing the total number of edits), inside the link would break it down, showing the number of (A) band profile edits made, and under that being a link of (B) Musician Profiles made.

Band Profiles edited - 20
Musician Profiles edited - 10

"Band Profiles edited" could be a link to show the bullets under A.
"Musician Profiles edited" could be a link to show the bullet under B.

Does it make sense? What do you guys think? I would like to hear some opinions from staff as well. I think its a good idea and don't see anything wrong with it.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
29.04.2008 - 20:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I don't think there is anything wrong about it, but I doubt if it really adds value to the website/profiles. "We have a counter for just about everything else". How so? All those have a special value or purpose to them, rather than just 'showing off'.

Also, I'm not sure if it is possible to retrieve the submission history of some users. It will be very odd, to see someone with over 1000+ community points, but no edits under his counter.

So well, I'm not against it, but you haven't convinced me of it's necessity either.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.04.2008 - 20:41
Lord TJ
I see your point. I don't think of my idea as a "necessity" because no doubt that it isn't. I was just thinking it would be something cool and nice to have to be able to view what others have done with profiles.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

29.04.2008 - 20:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Lord TJ on 29.04.2008 at 20:41

I see your point. I don't think of my idea as a "necessity" because no doubt that it isn't. I was just thinking it would be something cool and nice to have to be able to view what others have done with profiles.

Aha, figured so. Well, in that case, you have my opinion. I suppose all you can do is try to adjust it to the maximum, and wait for Ivan to see this. Us staffers like to think we have a say in this website, but in reality, Ivan is the tyrannic ruler.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.04.2008 - 20:59
Lord TJ
True, but Im sure Ivan would like to see others reactions.

Written by Lucas on 29.04.2008 at 20:46

I suppose all you can do is try to adjust it to the maximum

What do you mean, adjust to the maximum?
----

29.04.2008 - 21:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Lord TJ on 29.04.2008 at 20:59

I suppose all you can do is try to adjust it to the maximum

What do you mean, adjust to the maximum?

Haha, damn, that is indeed very vague. I was trying to translate a dutch expression, realized I didn't knew how, started doing a million things at the same time and ended up with "adjust to the maximum".

Had a bit of fun there. Anyway, what I meant was just wait for other replies, suggestions and ideas, combine it into one superidea, present that to Ivan, and then see it get rejected. Or accepted. If it's really good..
----

29.04.2008 - 21:28
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Haha I think you meant to say something like "majority rules" or "adjust to the opinion of the majority" Nervel. We have a similar expression in Denmark.

@TJ: I already gave my opinion, but I actually like it better now when you've given a little more details on how it could work. I still think it's a lot of work for Ivan, but that doesn't mean he'll reject it.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.04.2008 - 21:53
Lord TJ
Anything you guys think I could do to the first post to improve the idea?
----

29.04.2008 - 23:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
You forgot the video man because I edd about 500 vids here :p
But your idea looks interesting
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.04.2008 - 00:47
Lord TJ
Written by Bad English on 29.04.2008 at 23:02

You forgot the video man because I edd about 500 vids here :p
But your idea looks interesting

That would go under etc. for A.
----

16.05.2008 - 11:13
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite

Us staffers like to think we have a say in this website, but in reality, Ivan is the tyrannic ruler.

Haha, only when it comes to site programming

As for the idea, I think it can be done - but you'll have to wait at least 2 weeks until I'm back in Tallinn. It can also be combined with the list of submitted edits and articles, which haven't been approved yet (I remember some users requested this feature).
16.05.2008 - 11:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ivan on 16.05.2008 at 11:13

Us staffers like to think we have a say in this website, but in reality, Ivan is the tyrannic ruler.

Haha, only when it comes to site programming

As for the idea, I think it can be done - but you'll have to wait at least 2 weeks until I'm back in Tallinn.

How's Bulgaria ? sljivovice, sun and sea sounds great
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.05.2008 - 17:05
Lord TJ
Sweet!
Thanks Ivan!
----